houston needs a pf badly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

houston needs a pf badly

howard and asik cant coexist.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: houston needs a pf badly

We have Brandon Bass, who we need to move and he is good.  Brandon deserves to be on a contender.  We have tooooo many power forwards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

This thread cant be happening.  We have Bass who is playing absolutely good maybe great ball, playing better than Asik even on his good days and we are still talking about that softee who was literally moved around at will by Jordan Hill in last night game. I still dont get the infatuation with this guy. Honestly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

same poster, same post, different name?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This thread cant be happening.  We have Bass who is playing absolutely good maybe great ball, playing better than Asik even on his good days and we are still talking about that softee who was literally moved around at will by Jordan Hill in last night game. I still dont get the infatuation with this guy. Honestly.

[/QUOTE]

x10

And a guy that would be making almost 15 millions next season.  Where do all these man love/crush come from on this board?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I find this hilarious.

So many have said repeatedly that Houston would LAUGH at Bass for Asik

Now, Bass is clearly the superior player...

HAH!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

They still wouldn't make that trade, if offered.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Listen guys, put aside your hatred for Asik for one minutes.

Salary cap wise, a Bass+Lee for Asik trade would absolutely help the Celtics. It also clears space for Sully & KO to operate at the 4 exclusively (once Hump leaves).

Maybe Asik isn't the future Center for the celtics, but he definitely makes more sense  on this team than Bass does right now.

A four man big rotation of Sully, KO, Asik, Fav with Iverson as the 5th next season would be solid. Its not winning us championships, but it allows for equal opportunity and growth. ALSO, a big plus, we don't need to take (another) chance on a big in this draft, which is always a risky proposition. ALSO, we don't need to waste cap going after a 3rd tier Center in free agency next summer. The trade will allow for the Celtics to draft a Jabari Parker, grab another wing in free agency and have a semi-complete team already built round Parker allowing him to succeed in the NBA.

How does that not make sense to you?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Listen guys, put aside your hatred for Asik for one minutes.

Salary cap wise, a Bass+Lee for Asik trade would absolutely help the Celtics. It also clears space for Sully & KO to operate at the 4 exclusively (once Hump leaves).

Maybe Asik isn't the future Center for the celtics, but he definitely makes more sense  on this team than Bass does right now.

A four man big rotation of Sully, KO, Asik, Fav with Iverson as the 5th next season would be solid. Its not winning us championships, but it allows for equal opportunity and growth. ALSO, a big plus, we don't need to take (another) chance on a big in this draft, which is always a risky proposition. ALSO, we don't need to waste cap going after a 3rd tier Center in free agency next summer. The trade will allow for the Celtics to draft a Jabari Parker, grab another wing in free agency and have a semi-complete team already built round Parker allowing him to succeed in the NBA.

How does that not make sense to you?

[/QUOTE]

Notice the bold type..................that has to happen first?  IF I agree with that, then shouldn't that be the topic of the thread?  Why trade Bass now if Hump has to go first?

I like Asik, but I'm thinking more Wallace for Asik

Lin, Harden, Wallace, Parsons and Howard would be a MUCH better defensive team than what they have now....................defense is their problem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

And we know kev is always willing to throw his old team a bone, on the way out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And we know kev is always willing to throw his old team a bone, on the way out.

[/QUOTE]

Kev isn't calling the shots anymore....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Bass for Asik would be a win-win for both teams

The only problem is, Asik makes $5.5M this season and $14.9 next season. Maybe if he would sign a   $3M one year extension......then it would make his next years salary digestable....

Asik is a top 5 center , very smart, highly skilled.

He'd be perfect on the Celtics

Pull the trigger Danny , and try to get another #1 pick from Houston in the deal

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

I think it would be better served Bass and Bradley to Houston and get a 3rd team to Take Asik. An example being Dallas whereas Boston takes Marion's expiring and we get Houston's late 1st pick.  We clear up cap space, roster clog at PF and accumulate picks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to KJandHondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it would be better served Bass and Bradley to Houston and get a 3rd team to Take Asik. An example being Dallas whereas Boston takes Marion's expiring and we get Houston's late 1st pick.  We clear up cap space, roster clog at PF and accumulate picks.

[/QUOTE]

That trades works, and I like it, but I can't see HOU and DAL making a trade together.  Otherwise, nice!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

But............if you want to get really creative........remember we have PP's 10.3 mill TPE

Humpty and Lee to the Raps

Bass to HOU

Asik to DAL

Marion and Gay to BOS

TOR is looking to move him, gets a nice expiring contract - then they can go for Nash

Bass helps HOU

Asik helps DAL a lot

We would have to move either Wallace or Green ( I say Green) in a separate trade, never play Marion, and we get our go-to guy to build around.

Sign Kendall Marshall

Rondo/Marshall

Bradley/Crawford

Gay/Wallace

Sully/KO

Fav/traded player

Or, we could just do Green for Asik.............

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to KJandHondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

youre right. in fact i made one thread who could take asik

Boston-Houston-Portland

Bos gets beverley and picks

Houston gets bass and lopez

Portland gets asik

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/this-might-be-possible/100/6881466

asik to portland(3rd team)