Houston Rockets May Make Offer for Rajon Rondo!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomar8477. Show nomar8477's posts

Re: Houston Rockets May Make Offer for Rajon Rondo!

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

There are about 29 teams interested in trading for Rondo.

Here are some facts about Rondo,he has been in 4 All Star Games more than anyone else in his draft class, he has a ring as a starter and is only 26, he's been on the NBA all D first team twice and second team twice,he's been on the All NBA 3rd team, has led the league in assists twice and the league in steals. Furthermore he hold these Celtic all time records,most assists in a season,most steals in a season,most assists in playoff game and most assists per game in a season. The only people who would trade Rondo off their team are some seriously jaundiced Rondo haters on this board and "contraversial" media nimrods. He is also for the money the best value of any top tier player in the league. So please get a grip people this whole Rondos not going to be on the team because he is most definately getting traded BS.

If we trade Rondo it would be for a few good players and picks or a mega super trade. It's like mass hysteria all this "we have to trade Rondo" speculation. WHy? is my question.

Well is he a team player? I mean..locker room..beneficial off court stuff? Why was there questions about his attitude towards the new coach? I like Rondo..but on court performance isnt everything. Maybe hes a cancer in the locker room. Who knows..but those are reasons to trade him.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

If you think he is so bad you should root to keep him for the tanking. 

For his own good, Rondo needs to move on to a better situation as do the Cs.

The current situation is lose-lose for all involved.

No one is happy.

Maybe he will find redemption. Stranger things have happened.

Pud

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[/QUOTE]

You're in the minority and the C's know that ... Secondly, you never trade your best asset when his value is at it's lowest. C'mon Pud ... Even if you don't like him you know better than holding a fire sale, right?

[/QUOTE]His value can get far lower.... and has nothing to do with my liking or not liking him.

Pud

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to hops29's comment:

[QUOTE]

Honestly though it's not like they have nothing to offer.  Parsons, Beverly, and Terrance Jones are nice young players.  Parsons would be the top target obviously, I highly doubt Houston let's him go however.  Especially now after he put so much effort into recruiting Duh-white.

why are you even offering input on players who could help if you see no cause in the Celtics?? 

[/QUOTE]+1... we would hae to take back the lin.. dont see it happening! we are more likely to ship him to the lakers!

[/QUOTE]

Oh good, CC is here to add nonsensical ramblings to an already senseless post.  This should clear things up.....and again, whaaaaa?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to painter's comment:

If so many other teams in the NBA appears interested in RR, why is it that people here want him to go?  I understand the criticisms, but other teams are well aware of his personality and weaknesses, but they still want him? Why?  I would imagine it has something to do with basketball and winning.  Because of a couple of incidents is he really so toxic? Ray Allen always wanted the ball, and for his prior career, he got it.  Once he arrived in Boston, it was apparent that he'd have fewer touches but a chance to win, and both occurred.  But he still ached for the days of unlimited shots and being the go-to guy, and when the ball found its way to PP or KG or even Posey or House for that matter, it didn't sit right with him.  He left for the Heat to win another championship, not to get away from Rondo.  Ray Allen is an adult, and life decisions for adults are not usually about singular conflicts with a co-worker who is just one among many.  Doc didn't leave because of Rondo either.  He left to win (sooner) and not to coach losers, even for a couple of years - likely more.  He had enough years on his Boston contract to build a team but maybe not to see that team win a championship.  Where would he get satisfaction - seeing Melo catch a ball cleanly and be able to move his feet on defense?  Big whoop.

The other side of the coin is Rondo making the Celtics better again sooner than without him.  Making other players better is one thing a good PG is supposed to do, and the rest, scoring, rebounding, come second.  But yet, RR can be a scoring difference in just about any game he wants to be, and can rebound well for a PG.  Some make an assumption that his assists are stat-padding, but having a so-called "star" give up the ball that much is an anomoly in today's NBA.  Each year, his shooting has improved and will likely continue.  Compare his stats to Parker's and their first six years as starters are eerily similar except Rondo has many more assists.  Were he truly selfish, his shooting would take precedence over distribution; it doesn't, so he's not.

If he were traded, the Celtics' rebuild would be shockingly different - they have no other PG; none, not any.  They have no one to competently bring the ball up.  The team would not just be tanking, it would also be sending up flags of defeat before each and every game.  With a team like that, no one would really want to play for the Celtics, even its current players. Everyone would be demoralized and, even if the Celtics were lucky in the draft, they'd have no one but draft picks playing for a coulple of years each; any player with an expiring contract would get out as fast as possible. Rondo changes that scenario unless the Celtics can acquire a top five PG.  Right.  Keep him, build faster, and win is probably what Ainge is thinking.  Rondo is not a savior, but he is a difference-maker, and the Celtics' timetable for a return to championship caliber is predicated on that difference.  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

At last! A well thought post! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

If there is a trade, it would have to exceed the value of the J. Holiday trade to the Pelicans! Noel and 2014 1st round pick! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[/QUOTE]

My use of "you're" wasn't to you personally but to the minority (10% or so) of the haters ... At this point there is much more upside than down and you know that as well ... At least be realistic if not honest.

[/QUOTE]No I don't know that as well.

I see a whole lot of downside by keeping him on. I see a player who could easily turn disgruntled, founder in rehab, lash out at the team, demand a trade or quit on them and send his stock right down the crapper with nothing to lose during the final two years of his guaranteed contract.

R9R is not someone gifted with a full deck of cards upstairs and I suspect is being handled with kid gloves by management... out of sheer necessity.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

My use of "you're" wasn't to you personally but to the minority (10% or so) of the haters ... At this point there is much more upside than down and you know that as well ... At least be realistic if not honest.

[/QUOTE]No I don't know that as well.

I see a whole lot of downside by keeping him on. I see a player who could easily turn disgruntled, founder in rehab, lash out at the team, demand a trade or quit on them and send his stock right down the crapper with nothing to lose during the final two years of his guaranteed contract.

R9R is not someone gifted with a full deck of cards upstairs and I suspect is being handled with kid gloves by management... out of sheer necessity.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Pud, you are indeed a very unique specimen of the human race.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

[QUOTE]

If you think he is so bad you should root to keep him for the tanking. 

For his own good, Rondo needs to move on to a better situation as do the Cs.

The current situation is lose-lose for all involved.

No one is happy.

Maybe he will find redemption. Stranger things have happened.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of strange things, perhaps you might want to mention Rondo in your will.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22683592/man-wants-browns-pallbearers-so-team-can-let-him-down-one-last-time

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

To Rockets: Rajon Rondo, Brandon Bass.

To Celtics: Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin, 2014 1st round pick, 2016 1st round pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm not really sure why this "barely news" story warranted discussion. 

Houston has bigger problems right now, they have to figure out what to do with their unhappy backup center (keep or trade). 

Many terams are interested in Rondo, and Ainge has talked with many teams about him. It comes down to what you are willing to give up and what you get. 

Because Rondo will have higher trade value if he can re-establish himself after a very rough season and injury, it is highly unlikely Ainge will trade him until after Rondo re-establishes his value on the court. This isn't a hard thing to understand - if you're the Celtics you want to trade an asset when it's on the high value end. 

You also may want to see how Rondo gets along with the new coach. And: Bradley really struggled without Rondo. It may be useful to see if Bradley plays better with Rondo, that has to be taken into account also. 

So, I'd expect a lot of half-baked Rondo trade rumors like this one... but it's not likely anything will come of any of them - yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Big question mark about when to dump Rondo.. He may come back completely healthy physically, but what about that peanut between his ears>?

Did you all forget Rondos behavior when DA traded away his bf Perk??? He tanked for the next month.. pouted, was upset and was gonna show the Celtics...

I posted before about ROndos contract... he can play like a new born baby this season and it wont affect his next contract until hes in his contract year... which he isnt right now.

Whats his frame of mind knowing the C"s looked and played like a good team once he went down?? You know he read the articles and watched the interviews about are the Celts better off without Rondo..     

Hes a spoiled brat and isnt afraid to show it on the court. Besides his injury, Id be very concerned whats hes liable to do on the court to stick it to the Celtics..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Big question mark about when to dump Rondo.. He may come back completely healthy physically, but what about that peanut between his ears>?

Did you all forget Rondos behavior when DA traded away his bf Perk??? He tanked for the next month.. pouted, was upset and was gonna show the Celtics...

I posted before about ROndos contract... he can play like a new born baby this season and it wont affect his next contract until hes in his contract year... which he isnt right now.

Whats his frame of mind knowing the C"s looked and played like a good team once he went down?? You know he read the articles and watched the interviews about are the Celts better off without Rondo..     

Hes a spoiled brat and isnt afraid to show it on the court. Besides his injury, Id be very concerned whats hes liable to do on the court to stick it to the Celtics..

Did you want to "dump" Pierce or think "Oh, when do we dump him?" after his stupid antics (e.g. fake bandage press conference)?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

While on the subject of peanuts between the ears...

At least with Delonte, you knew what to expect on the court.... gritty professionalism and max consistent effort. Workman-like. Little drama.

He seemed able and motivated to separate out personal demons from professional life when he stepped between the lines.

When Rondo steps between the lines, its a much more riveting and precarious drama soap-opera as our hero struggles to slay personal demons as we viewers hold our collective breath.

This upcoming season, R9R is facing a whole slew of new personal demons to slay.

His so called friends are not there any longer to  keep him out of harms way.

All bets are off.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

always a forum treat when pudbuddy karl and the chairman hook up. you guys are magic together.

bp

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to davidap's comment:

Are you aware this would be a ticket to the same mediocrity you want to avoid?  Linn is a good bench player and average starter.  Asik is the same.  Rondo is a top point guard.  Those draft picks you want will be very late in the first round.

Rondo needs to stay with the team and show how good he is and then a trade of real value can be made for him.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

At least with Delonte, you knew what to expect on the court.... gritty professionalism and max consistent effort. Workman-like. Little drama.

He seemed able and motivated to separate out personal demons from professional life when he stepped between the lines.

When Rondo steps between the lines, its a much more riveting and precarious drama soap-opera as our hero struggles to slay personal demons as we viewers hold our collective breath.

This upcoming season, R9R is facing a whole slew of new personal demons to slay.

His so called friends are not there any longer to  keep him out of harms way.

All bets are off.

Pud

Like his dramatic fingersticking in Gordon Hayward's ear?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to davidap's comment:

I like this trade, but I'd like it better if it was Rondo and Wallace, even if we had to lose the second 1st round pick.  As much as I am not a Lin fan, we trade Rondo we need a PG.  I do like Asik though.  Would make for a nice young core of AB, Green, Asik, Sully, Oly, etc.  Lin probably works better than Rondo in this line up anyhow due to his Shooting ability.  Asik and AB become the D anchors, Green is your slasher, Oly is your stretch big man, Sully and Asik cleanup inside.  You are severly lacking outside shooting.  Lin helps that better than Rondo.  With all of those upcoming picks you draft a dynamic PG, SG, SF types...scorers.

Sections
Shortcuts