Houston Trade Any Day Now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Houston Trade Any Day Now?

Houston doesn't like our "pieces..."

So, the pieces don't work. :)

Rondo isn't a good fit with our current lineup but he is hardly overrated - overrated by who? 

If/when he signs a max deal, he will be overrated. Right now he is on a fair contract by NBA standards. Gerald Wallace makes as much as he does, c'mon!

Guys in here act like he was drafted #1. He was drafted #22 and if you made a list of the top ten guys in the NBA the last decade drafted after #20, Rondo would be right near the top. He has more than lived up to where he was drafted. 

The idea his value is declining by the day is completely nuts. He's recovering from an injury, GMs understand that.

Now, the Celts owner is more in love with him that he should be, I'll give you that.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Tankon Rondo.  If we do wind up with an Embiid, Parker, or Wiggins?  You know who to thank!  TANKON.  Please tell me that someone's selling Tankon shirts with a #9 somewhere in Downton Crossing right now?  Tankon is the key TO THE FUTURE!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tankon Rondo.  If we do wind up with an Embiid, Parker, or Wiggins?  You know who to thank!  TANKON.  Please tell me that someone's selling Tankon shirts with a #9 somewhere in Downton Crossing right now?  Tankon is the key TO THE FUTURE!

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  You may have a good business idea!!  

Truth is, Rondo probably makes no difference to our win-loss record whether he plays or not.

The negative impact of his poor play so far, is that it likely impacts his trade value which had already dropped considerably with his injury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  You may have a good business idea!!  

Truth is, Rondo probably makes no difference to our win-loss record whether he plays or not.

The negative impact of his poor play so far, is that it likely impacts his trade value which had already dropped considerably with his injury.

[/QUOTE]

I think a Rondo/Wiggins backcourt would work pretty well together.  Sure, Wiggins is tall for a 2, but Brad Stevens doesn't mind.  We've seen Wallace and Jeff Green both in the starting line-up.

I think Wiggins struggled in the beginning of the season because Self told him not settle for outside $hots and to take the ball to the basket.  Once he started to ignore Self and take the open $hot, he became much more effective.  As teams have learned that they can't just concede the open 3-pointer to him, and have rushed outside to challenge him, Wiggins's whole game has opened up.  Prepare to watch a more productive and more confident Wiggens down the stretch.

With his defensive ability and atheticism, I'd move him back into a tie with Parker (for now).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

EVEN If it means giving up both Jeff Green and Avery Bradley to move GERALD WALLACE ....Then that would be the trade Ainge needs to make

WE HAVE TO GET RID OF WALLACE , THOSE DOLLARS NEED TO BE RE-DEPLOYED.....

That is job #1 this deadleine, trading Gerald Wallace......... then Bass, Bogans,Humphrys, Bayless are next assets.....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

EVEN If it means giving up both Jeff Green and Avery Bradley to move GERALD WALLACE ....Then that would be the trade Ainge needs to make

WE HAVE TO GET RID OF WALLACE , THOSE DOLLARS NEED TO BE RE-DEPLOYED.....

That is job #1 this deadleine, trading Gerald Wallace......... then Bass, Bogans,Humphrys, Bayless are next assets.....

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it isn't that easy.

Its a tough choice between giving away assets in a trade just to dump Wallace, or waiving him and eating his $20M over five years.  What we would get back in a Bradley and Wallace package is probably equivilent to a second round pick.  

and Green can return a decent player without Wallace's baggage in a trade.

There are only a few teams like Orlando, Philly, Atlanta and the Bucks who have comfortable Cap space to accomodate Wallace's contract.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The only way I see Hou trading us Asik is if we take Lin as well and I don't see DA spending 17 mil combimed on those two next year.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts