How about a little Loyalty..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

How about a little Loyalty..

I might get run for this, but...

Im kind of attached to Rondo, im sort of attached to the team as it is right now period.  I mean.. Rondo almost broke his arm in half last year, THEN COMES BACK OUT AND STILL PLAYS 1.5 HANDED.  Thats love.. thats dedication.. thats toughness.

I remember the game when R.Allen busted the 3 point record in Fishers eye.  I was jumping on my couch for a half hour after that play lol.

KG Brings such intensity to every single game.  I love it when he smashes his head against the base of the basketball goal before the game to psych himself up.  He's a leader and the most passionate player on our team. 

Paul Pierce.. Lakers.. we are losing.. WHEELCHAIR!!!... Paul comes back into the game and starts DRAINING 3 POINTERS.  Cant beat it, and I wouldnt trade it.

I know it sounds crazy, but id almost have rather we kept perk and just palyed them out.  Let them retire.  You knew what you where getting into when you signed them.  I think we should be happy with the success we have with our "big 5" and we should be able to remember that and let those memories carry us through our down time.  I think we should rebuild from the ground up.  The Mavs showed us last year that solid team working together can beat 3 super stars consistantly.

Ender

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: How about a little Loyalty..

Ainge doesn't want to watch them all "age out" and then rebuild.  He wants to contend every year - which means you have to be heartless and move guys when the time is right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to How about a little Loyalty..:

[QUOTE]I might get run for this, but... Im kind of attached to Rondo, im sort of attached to the team as it is right now period.  I mean.. Rondo almost broke his arm in half last year, THEN COMES BACK OUT AND STILL PLAYS 1.5 HANDED.  Thats love.. thats dedication.. thats toughness. I remember the game when R.Allen busted the 3 point record in Fishers eye.  I was jumping on my couch for a half hour after that play lol. KG Brings such intensity to every single game.  I love it when he smashes his head against the base of the basketball goal before the game to psych himself up.  He's a leader and the most passionate player on our team.  Paul Pierce.. Lakers.. we are losing.. WHEELCHAIR!!!... Paul comes back into the game and starts DRAINING 3 POINTERS.  Cant beat it, and I wouldnt trade it. I know it sounds crazy, but id almost have rather we kept perk and just palyed them out.  Let them retire.  You knew what you where getting into when you signed them.  I think we should be happy with the success we have with our "big 5" and we should be able to remember that and let those memories carry us through our down time.  I think we should rebuild from the ground up.  The Mavs showed us last year that solid team working together can beat 3 super stars consistantly. Ender

Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]

-

Not at all, Man.  You and me are living proof that great minds think alike, at least as far as loyalty goes.  And there are worse qualities to have than loyalty.

I second your emoticon.

-

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I'm with you on Rondo, they've got a score to settle with the Heat this year and Rondo and his left arm is at the center of it.  they let Wade act like a tuff guy and win on their watch last year.  As for Perkins, I accept it as a pragmatic decision. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

May not have been a wise decision, but you might not be taking into account Rondo's weigh in of the situation.  It didnt hurt him or us, and it strengthened my opinion of him as a leader.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

It's nice to dream about loyalty and how teams operated back in the good old days.... but dont forget it was Perk that wanted to test Free agency and wouldnt sign up with the C's.

THe Rondo comeback after that sick looking bent-back arm was inspiring. Give the kid credit for sticking it out, took alot of b****. However, Im with the guy who criticized Doc for letting Rondo stay out there. With the exception of a few inspiring plays, he was a handicap and liability. And I also have not so fond memories of Rondo doggin it end of season with his temper tantrums or broken heart.

I understand your point though and I wish it was like you were hoping for. Having the same group around each year , sticking together. The unfortunate truth is neither the owners nor the players will have it that way. Too much $$ to be had or lost. That's what's going to carry the day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i love rondo, people seem to think he is the problem when he really isnt, hes very good and if hes not one of the best point guards in the league, hes at least one of the most fun to watch...he makes other worldly plays almost every game...i think he is the least of our problems at this point, that is if danny hasnt crushed him to the point that he feels unwanted...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

In Response to Re: How about a little Loyalty..:
    [QUOTE]A Rondo-Dwight Howard combo sounds good to me.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

CP3-Kobe-Howard-inLA combo sounds better to Dwight. js

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

People here who talk of Rondo's courage have to also deal with the fact that Rondo quit on the team in Feb. as well.  If you have respect for Danny or Doc you have to be mindful there is a reason they want Rondo out of here.   Is it attitude or his poor shooting which did them in during the last five minutes of every game? Or both.

I love what Rondo brings but his horrendous foul shooting will always be a major weakness in the chances of this team.  In 2008 you had Garnett at his peak. Now the Big Three are declining each year.  Rondo has to pick it up offensively.  We are not going  to bring anyone who can help or we would have done so.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]People here who talk of Rondo's courage have to also deal with the fact that Rondo quit on the team in Feb. as well.  If you have respect for Danny or Doc you have to be mindful there is a reason they want Rondo out of here.   Is it attitude or his poor shooting which did them in during the last five minutes of every game? Or both. I love what Rondo brings but his horrendous foul shooting will always be a major weakness in the chances of this team.  In 2008 you had Garnett at his peak. Now the Big Three are declining each year.  Rondo has to pick it up offensively.  We are not going  to bring anyone who can help or we would have done so.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Concord... when you speak truth, the reception can be awfully chilly at times.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    I am only using deductive reasoning.  There is no other conclusion.  If there were any takers Rondo would be gone.

If Rondo by some miracle stops his pouting and raises his game I will be the first to jump back on the bandwagon.  I am not holding my breath.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

The man is one of the best point guards in the NBA.. he just has different skill sets than others.  he isnt a strong shooter, but ive seen improvement.  You wouldnt shoot so well either if your hands where the size of frying pans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]Pud, I am only using deductive reasoning.  There is no other conclusion.  If there were any takers Rondo would be gone. If Rondo by some miracle stops his pouting and raises his game I will be the first to jump back on the bandwagon.  I am not holding my breath.

To me, this is one of two possible conclusions.  If this is true, this will have to be the defining moment in Rondo's ability to self reflect, accurately pick out his shortcomings (both game wise and psychologically, as they go hand in hand) and take the necessary steps to mature as a player.  

The other conclusion is that Ainge didn't want LA to get Paul for a song and a dance, used the Rondo package to make LA give something of significance.

The problem is that, it reflects on Rondo's shortcomings either way, and emphasizes the microscope he'll be under this year.  

However! He has an opportunity to rise above the expected and somewhat accepted attitude problem that the media has projected all the players who were being sent out of town by their teams for CP3 should and will have.  They'll be trying to play it up from the start of training camp, wanting to further their ability to sensationalize regardless of who it damages.  Rondo could use this opportunity to become a better leader of this team if he sees it that way, by being the better man.    

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]The man is one of the best point guards in the NBA.. he just has different skill sets than others.  he isnt a strong shooter, but ive seen improvement.  You wouldnt shoot so well either if your hands where the size of frying pans.
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]

Come on with the big hands excuse. Any other NBA players have big hands and can shoot well?

When I play with the youth basketballs (which are smaller than normal) Im like DrJ (in my own mind anyway) palming the ball, swooping in...and guess what, its lots easier controlling the shot.. so Im not so sure about the big hands theory..

Its just that big players have a larger % of poor shooters...maybe something with the growth and coordination.

Hey, you ever play on an 8' basket? Must be what it feels like to a 7 footer on
    a regular one... I know its tons easier making buckets, less arc required, better vision..

Maybe these guys just cant shoot... that might be the answer..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Agree on the hand size. Would think that bigger hands will allow better ball control, but what do I know. Pretty sure that Rondo's hands are big compared to body size, but I'm pretty sure there are plenty of NBA players with hands like that.
    Just can't shoot very well under pressure.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Big hands is an advantage.  this whole big hands excuse started because of Shaq.  Bird broke his shooting finger during camp in his rookie season, changed his shot on the fly and the rest is history.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The big hands excuse started with George McGinnis - long before Shaq. He had a similar shot-put approach to free throws - didn't work the first time so you have to wonder about Shaq's IQ.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

No need to worry, teams are not giving up a top player for Rondo.  Rondo without the big three is just and average point in the NBA.  He could improve if he worked on his foul shot and jumper , but I am not sure that he did, he may think they are fine??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Pud, I am only using deductive reasoning.  There is no other conclusion.  If there were any takers Rondo would be gone. If Rondo by some miracle stops his pouting and raises his game I will be the first to jump back on the bandwagon.  I am not holding my breath.

And I would be the 2nd, right behind you.... but the chances of such happening approach the zero asymptote... similar to me (with a fistful of $5 bills) scoring at the topless bar. 

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I wouldn't say the chances are zero.   Rondo may surprise and given all of the attention/criticism, he certainly has incentive.   I worry less about his attitude than his health and shooting skills.   The attitude thing is just fans speculating and finding something to criticize, but his horrid free throw shooting, jump shooting, and injuries were very real.   He has to fix that and he may just surprise us.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts