how about a sign and trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from j73401. Show j73401's posts

how about a sign and trade

big baby and a pick, for al jefferson!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: how about a sign and trade

BBD melted this season, apparently some feel was unable to control his weight. If so, thats a very bad mark against him as his team was heading into the playoffs.

Why would anyone want a bench player with some potential weight issues in exchange for a starter thats an on/off  bigtime player?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: how about a sign and trade:
    BBD melted this season, apparently some feel was unable to control his weight. If so, thats a very bad mark against him as his team was heading into the playoffs. Why would anyone want a bench player with some potential weight issues in exchange for a starter thats an on/off  bigtime player?
    Posted by Karllost

I agree with you and believe that Glen Davis won't get many offers this year considering how disappointing he was during the playoffs this year.   Another team definitely won't want him in a trade.  Especially for someone like Jefferson. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In Response to how about a sign and trade:
    Posted by j73401

Sorry they already have a tweener on their roster whose been far more effective than seed (Milsap). Plus the Jazz use AJ has a center & seed is only good for that in pinches..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Big Al is due $14 mil and $15 for the next two seasons.  We can't get a match with a sign and trade as described above.  We'd have to add another player because there is no way Baby's worth is nowhere close to Big Al.  If Baby is offered $6 mil, he better jump at that and run with it.  That figure won't do anything in a sign and trade for Al.

I think we need to look at someone in the $6 - $8 million range if we're going to sign and trade Baby WITH a pick.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Posted by j73401

I love it! You get to replace Ainge!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

I imagine you could get her done by sending Pierce and the 25th pick or Avery instead of the 25th.. Come back home AJ ..Where there's a will..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Interesting to hear Al Jefferson name come up. He would be welcomed back easily. A big guy who can handle the rock down low. Interesting. But Big Baby and draft pick won't get it done. Put Murphy in that package.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Money has to match. It's the most basic concept to a trade. If it doesn't there is no need to create threads on hypothetical trades that are impossible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Interesting to hear Al Jefferson name come up. He would be welcomed back easily. A big guy who can handle the rock down low. Interesting. But Big Baby and draft pick won't get it done. Put Murphy in that package.
    Posted by antiqueman1

The only facet of his game that has improved since he left Boston is that he apparently consults more with the BIG 3 - Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker, and Jack Daniels.

He has improved ZILCH.  I hope we can load up on salaries and not improve at all......  never made the all-star team (as a perennial all-star), never even made the playoffs........  stop the madness.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

bb & green for Dwight! Oh, one celtic troll already suggested that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

Posted by j73401

Don't know if Big Al is committed to defense the way Doc would need him to be. 
    I'd like the Celtics to go all out for Samuel Dalembert....  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Posted by j73401

Utah would never do it but what bout Big Baby for Brandon bass??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I say sign minimum salary players this year, hopefully it will not be a full year and then next year when the Big 3 are reduced to PP, sign RA for the minimum and bring him off the bench and do the same with KG if he is in agreement and go after Dwight with everything you have and add some other starters filling out the roster with quality youth.
    Posted by damfuno

I don't believe the Celtics are going to have much money available to sign many players this year, especially not impact players. The new CBA and lower salary cap could make it difficult for teams to sign additional players.   

Sections
Shortcuts