How about Golden State for a joint PP and KG destination?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

How about Golden State for a joint PP and KG destination?

After July 1st:

Golden State:

Pierce(15.3m), Garnett (12.2), Lee or Terry (5.3)

Boston:

Andris Biedrins (9m), Rich Jefferson (11m), Brandon Rush (4m) all expiring. Harrison Barnes (3m) and Festus Ezeli (1m)

Golden State dumps 24 million in contracts of players that don't see the floor for the relatively small price of paying Terry or Lee past 2014. KG and Pierce together are a big upgrade over Barnes and Ezeli, at least for 1-2 seasons. Golden State would seriously contend out west and the national interest in them would grow tremendously.

If Barnes is the same sticking point he was at last years trade deadline I'd still make this deal for Draymond Green and a 2014 1st rd pick subbed in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: How about Golden State for a joint PP and KG destination?

The Warriors rotation of:

C - Bogut/KG

PF - Lee/Landry

SF - Pierce/Green (or Barnes)

SG - Thompson/Lee or Terry

PG - Curry/Jack

would be pretty scary

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Why do we want all that junk? I would rather go one more year with KG and PP and then go into FA with money to spend. Yes we'd be getting Barnes, but couldn't we do better than Barnes in FA?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Rame, love it.

BLB, you want this junk becuase as it stands (despite all the doom and gloom) our current Celtics team is likely a 5-8 spot in the playoffs. We need to bottom out and get bad. We certainly cannot get there with KG and Pierce on our team for half a year. Those three players are complete junk, that is what makes this such a great idea.

I don't expect GWS to give up Barnes. I like the sub of Green & a pick. I hope this gets done. Screw the Clips & Doc. Let Doc see how much of a mess that organization is. I bet he spends two years there, gets nowhere, leaves for his final year for TV/family, and then plays "free-agency"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Why do we want all that junk? I would rather go one more year with KG and PP and then go into FA with money to spend. Yes we'd be getting Barnes, but couldn't we do better than Barnes in FA?

Why?

1. That move saves the team from paying Terry or Lee... so even with Barnes and Ezeli the C's have MORE money to spend in free agency next summer

2. Barnes is one of the few SF's in the game who can replace the production Pierce gave for 12-14 years as soon as 2015 or so... so while he does nothing to keep us from signing a free agent, he is likely as good or better than any free agent SF we could get (obv LeBron is not coming here)

3. Keeping KG and PP makes us competitive. Next years team needs to be waaaay into the lotto and building around Avery, Sully and lotto picks in '13 and '14. This deal does that and adds two players in the 21-22 age range that we need.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

This is perfect because KG and PP will be the 4th and 5th options on this team. Teams won't be able to double Curry, Thompson, KG & Pierce. They'll double Curry/Thompson, giving Paul open looks. KG stretches the floor amazingly and if Laundry stays, he and Bogut can take the majority of regular season minutes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

So we tank and get cap space...well ok. It would be hard for me to watch but you'll made a great case. So you don't want to stay afloat you just want to drown...ok. LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So we tank and get cap space...well ok. It would be hard for me to watch but you'll made a great case. So you don't want to stay afloat you just want to drown...ok. LOL!

Yup

The point is to drown next year in a rediculously deep draft then have this years pick 16, next years lotto pick, Sully, Barnes or Green, Ezeli and Avery all in that 20-23 year age range. Even Melo might dom something.

Rondo, Green, Bass and one of Lee or Terry will keep this team competive. The point is are they still going to be bad enough to get a good shot at lucking into the top 3 and doing no worse than 8 or 9, or will that team en dup in the 12-16 range and need to trade Rondo or Green.

If you had Barnes Jeff Green is 100% expendable. Get an expiring contract and 2014 lotto pick for him by all means. Rondo would still likely have to come back and prove he's over the injury, be held out until Christmas or so and then have 2 months to prove if he is the leader of young men for the future or a guy to deal at the deadline.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yup

The point is to drown next year in a rediculously deep draft then have this years pick 16, next years lotto pick, Sully, Barnes or Green, Ezeli and Avery all in that 20-23 year age range. Even Melo might dom something.

Rondo, Green, Bass and one of Lee or Terry will keep this team competive. The point is are they still going to be bad enough to get a good shot at lucking into the top 3 and doing no worse than 8 or 9, or will that team en dup in the 12-16 range and need to trade Rondo or Green.

If you had Barnes Jeff Green is 100% expendable. Get an expiring contract and 2014 lotto pick for him by all means. Rondo would still likely have to come back and prove he's over the injury, be held out until Christmas or so and then have 2 months to prove if he is the leader of young men for the future or a guy to deal at the deadline.

[/QUOTE]

Golden State won't give up Barnes. He is definitely a rising star and they know it. He is one of their building blocks for a serious run at a championship in the next few years. He is not going anywhere. I wish we had him. He's going to be a good one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

Yup

[/QUOTE]

People keep talking about Celtics most valued assets being Doc, KG, PP and Rondo...

I think Jeff Green at 8M could fetch a Huge return. The guy coming back from heart surgery basically took over as point leader on our team. He can defend. He can create. He can make 3's. He is at the age where he is reaching his prime. He can certainly fetch us a 2014 pick and young talent.

I bet you Portland would do a trade of Alrdige for Green (not that I necessarily want Aldrige). Not sure who to target, but there has got to be options.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I disagree about giving up JG,I am probably JGs biggest fan in Boston and he and AB are about the 2 people on the roster I flat out don't want to see moved.This trade idea as much merit as anyone elses opinion and I can agree on the clearing out a ton of cap space side but I guess I don't have as high regard for either Barnes or Ezeli as some others. I don't see us even w/o KG,PP or RR being a lottery team. I don't see us winning another banner this year either but, we're not as bad talent wise as most seem to think. Hey anybodys speculation is as good as anyone elses I'm just not really feeling that deal.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Send them to the Lakers.

As long as it's a team in the Western division that competes with the Clippers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

The Warriors rotation of:

C - Bogut/KG

PF - Lee/Landry

SF - Pierce/Green (or Barnes)

SG - Thompson/Lee or Terry

PG - Curry/Jack

would be pretty scary

=====================================

Having lived in SF the past 45 years albeit I am a Boston team fan first with my first 21 in Maine, I'm a local fan too.  GS with an average age of 23 of the starting 5 gave the Spurs fits. I've loved too going to GS games and hearing "Beat LA, Beat LA" as if I were in Boston. When Celtics play Lakers, in sports bars here 90 % of GS fans root for Boston. I love your lineup and I'd enjoy seeing KG & PP finish their careers here and only an 1 hour flight from their homes. I'd enjoy too seeing GS beat the Lakers and the Clippers. Doc alone is not going to bring them a championship and they have been bridesmaids for years. I'd still only and be adamant about it, let them have KG & PP for Bledsoe, Jordan & Butler and take either Terry or Lee and we get a draft pick too! But still, selfishly perhaps, I'd rather see KG & PP in the Bay Area.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

How about just a joint in Golden State with PP and KG?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

How about just a joint in Golden State with PP and KG?

Ha... def thought of that as I typed it;-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I disagree about giving up JG,I am probably JGs biggest fan in Boston and he and AB are about the 2 people on the roster I flat out don't want to see moved.This trade idea as much merit as anyone elses opinion and I can agree on the clearing out a ton of cap space side but I guess I don't have as high regard for either Barnes or Ezeli as some others. I don't see us even w/o KG,PP or RR being a lottery team. I don't see us winning another banner this year either but, we're not as bad talent wise as most seem to think. Hey anybodys speculation is as good as anyone elses I'm just not really feeling that deal.

100% agree. Unless we send both KG and PP to a young team in the east, say Cleveland, there is no way that the celtics are bumped out of the playoffs with the talent that is left on the roster, and even so i still dont see it. Rondo and Green will carry the celtics into the 7-8th spot by themselves next year - barring injury.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

You have to admit that if you had that "Life Experience" up for auction at a fundraiser it would way out bid the Limo and Wine Tasting.  Especially in California.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

First, the Warriors would not trade Barnes and break up the most talented and exciting core in basketball today built for the long term, so this is a non-starter.  

and I'm not of the mind-set to build a team to fail.  That is NOT THE CELTIC WAY.  So I especially don't do it with Green, who would give us nothing but a package of complete and worthless non-entertaining junk.

I would rather keep Garnett to help mentor, motivate and rebuild while providing quality minutes at PF and/or Center and trade Pierce for a future first round pick or quality young backup with potential like Bledsoe.  Can't expect to rebuild overnight, but at least rebuild with integrity. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I like this proposal. Mark Jackson knows they will push them to the finals and just when Pierce and Garnett come off the books they can keep Thompson and go after Barnes in free agency if they want him back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I would love that trade as a Celtics fan. Not only for the team, but for KG and PP. I do think it makes the Warriors very strong now, but it weakens them for the future. If I'm them, I'm not giving up young building pieces to try to win right now. They're built to contend for a good long while. It's like the Thunder...they're still built for the future, and added solid pieces for Harden, but Green for Perk set them back a little bit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Wow, have any of you done your due diligence yet on GS????  GS does not want over the hill type players.  I can source numerous articles and quotes stating they want cheap(i.e. draft type players) in the coming years.  Crazy to think you can pawn the Celtics garbage to them.  It's possible they could bite if you give them an irresistible deal, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.