How about these moves for a start?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

How about these moves for a start?

Minnesota gets Garnett and Collins - Boston gets Derrick Williams and Kirilenko

Rationale - Williams is young and needs playing time.  Contract is good.  Kirilenko is 31.  Contract is 2 years for 20 million.  He's producing about the same as Garnett and is a good defensive player.  Minnesota is probably the only team to which Garnett would agree to be traded.  Minnesota benefits from bringing back a very popular player whose veteran presence would be have a huge impact on a young, talented, up-and-coming team.  Does Garnett really want to spend his last 2.5 years toiling away in Boston irrelevancy?

Detroit gets Rondo and Sullinger - Boston gets Brandon Knight, Andre Drummond, and Tayshaun Prince. 

Rationale - Detroit gets a star young point guard and a soon to be good player in Sullinger.  Boston gets a very young and up and coming point guard in Knight and a stud in waiting big man Drummond.  Would take Monroe in place of Drummond, but I do not think Detroit would make that deal.  Need Tayshaun Prince to balance out money.  If Detroit would take Fab Melo instead of Sullinger, that would be a dream, but I do not think they will.

This would just be a start.  Not sure what I would do with Pierce at this point.  Before you guys rip apart these trades, please consider that I'm trying to make REALISTIC trades.  The object is also not to come out of the trades with a championship team, but, rather, a team with a foundation to build upon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: How about these moves for a start?

If you go do a 3 way trade with Detroit and Minnesota, so Boston could package Rondo with Williams instead of Sullinger, that would be great!  Really don't want to trade Sullinger.  Also, why not kick the tires of Oden?  Give him a one year veteran minimum contract to come here and rehab.  If it doesn't work out, what does it cost us?  1.4 million and a roster spot?????  Is Jason Collins really that impactful?  The upside would be that he comes here and likes the franchise and wants to stay.  I'm not insane enough to believe Oden is going to be a 35 minute a game all star center, but I think he could be a very important role player.  My 2 cents.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

KG has a no trade clause in his contract.

Derrick Williams is a bust.

Players that won't be traded this season:

Rondo

Pierce

KG

Terry

Ainge will not blow up this team this season.

Terry's not going to be traded.  Period.  No GM on the planet would want that contract.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Rondo

Pierce

KG

Terry

Everyone thought Chauncey Billups was a bust his first 4 years in the league and he'll end up in the Hall of Fame.  Minnesota is loaded up front and is on the verge of winning now, so they won't give minutes to a young player.  Not willing to label him a bust yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Rondo

Pierce

KG

Terry

Everyone thought Chauncey Billups was a bust his first 4 years in the league and he'll end up in the Hall of Fame.  Minnesota is loaded up front and is on the verge of winning now, so they won't give minutes to a young player.  Not willing to label him a bust yet.

Also, just for your edification, KG can waive his no trade clause....and I think Minnesota might be the only team he'd be willing to do that for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Rondo

Pierce

KG

Terry

Terry's not going to be traded.  Period.  No GM on the planet would want that contract.

Terry makes 5 million a year.  Do you know how many players in the NBA make 5 million a year?  Do you think they are all better than Terry?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Rondo

Pierce

KG

Terry

Terry makes 5 million a year.  Do you know how many players in the NBA make 5 million a year?  Do you think they are all better than Terry?

I do not have a lot of optimism about the Celtics right now but regarding Terry he will not be a liability at all through the season.  He will produce before the season is done.  I am worried about the frontcourt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Rondo

Pierce

KG

Terry

5 Million is a bigger deal now under the new, more restrictive CBA than it was 2 years ago.  Teams aren't tossing around 5 million like they were 2 years ago.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Rondo

Pierce

KG

Terry

5 Million is a bigger deal now under the new, more restrictive CBA than it was 2 years ago.  Teams aren't tossing around 5 million like they were 2 years ago.

I get your point but I was commenting on you saying that no other team would touch Terry because of his 5 million a year contract.  Again there are lots and lots of guys making 5 million or more that are a lot less effective then Terry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Rondo

Pierce

KG

Terry

Also, you know how many serviceable 2 guards willing to play for alot less than 5 million there are in the NBA - quite a few.  Not a scarce commodity.  Would we be so much worse off right now with Michael Redd and his 1 year veteran minimum contract instead of Terry and his 3 year 15 million plus contract?

Sections
Shortcuts