How Avery Bradley's greatness will be a catalyst...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

How Avery Bradley's greatness will be a catalyst...

Every team that see's the return of their best defensive player improves. Avery is not just our best defensive player, imo he is the NBA's best. 

BIG DIFFERENCE!

So basically this years team has not been at full strength and still played fairly well.

Rondo-Bradley-Pierce-Garnett-Sullinger makes our second unit formidable.

Terry-Lee-Green-Bass-Collins. Collins will probably be first off the bench when the refs treat Sully like a rookie, but not before he sets the physical tone on the boards.

Bass is an energy player to help make up for Garnett's energy being on the bench.(Sully is at center, so Bass is not a starter because he is not a center, and not better than Garnett. No shame in that.

Terry can pick n pop  with Bass or hit Lee off a screen or find a curling Green. Green can post up. Collins can pick n roll with Collins or Lee.

AWESOME I THINK! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: How Avery Bradley's greatness will be a catalyst...

I meant Terry and Collins pick n roll or Lee and Collins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

bradley's D will help, but bradley won't solve our rebounding incompetence and is a completely unknown quantity on offense until you see 50 games out of him.  surgery on both shoulders and multiple surgeries on one of the shoulders is very serious stuff.  hoops is all about arms....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

He was'nt relied on heavy last year though. Pierce Rondo and Garnett are options 1, 2, & 3 everyone else gets scraps anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Rebounding and getting the most out of your 3 and 4 is what's killing this team. KG can't do it all. Never know when Pierce is going to have a good night scoring and Terry is not the Terry of 2 years ago. Collins is a stiff. Bass looks lost and sullinger needs minutes. This was supposed to be a team to contend? I hope they turn this around but I really don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling when one of the worst teams in the west beats you by 22 points without one of it's best guards. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Let's face the truth here:  Avery Bradley will never be anything more than a role player...another Tony Allen at best... He's not a savior and never will be.  It was another insult to a true HOF:Ray Allen to start Avery last year.  Ray has already won 5 games for the Heat this year with limited minutes...and the Heat are undefeated when Ray scores 12 or more points in a game.  The Celtics are missing Ray this year.  Terry and Lee are a bust...but the Ray Allen haters will never admit it.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:

Let's face the truth here:  Avery Bradley will never be anything more than a role player...another Tony Allen at best... He's not a savior and never will be.  It was another insult to a true HOF:Ray Allen to start Avery last year.  Ray has already won 5 games for the Heat this year with limited minutes...and the Heat are undefeated when Ray scores 12 or more points in a game.  The Celtics are missing Ray this year.  Terry and Lee are a bust...but the Ray Allen haters will never admit it.    

I dont think we're missing Ray... he wasnt getting many  touches here and this year it would have been worse... much worse.  

I do agree Lee has been a terrible disappointment to this point,. I hoped for much more.

Terry is still ok in my book... although hes goes hot/cold alot.  remember the system hes in.. pound the ball Rondo offense and bail out shot as the clock runs down.. Hard to get into a good flow for anyone. Even  NBA players  have difficulty making shots when taken out of rythym.  Rondo gets them good shots when on the break or when hes occassionaly moving the ball on offense.. but all too often hes draining the shot clock in the Rondos-the-highest-IQ-player-on-floor-and-coach-in- Doc-Rivers-offensive-system of ball.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:

I like the Tony Allen analogy.  One player I wish we kept!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Really funny when you think about it.. couple years ago most everyone on this forum couldnt figure how AB even stuck on a D league squad. He was pathetic...

The headline of this thread talks of AB's greatness. Things have changed so much?

Look, AB had a nice stretch for us last season.... is pain in *** to whoever he covers, was hitting jumpers, making nice backdoor cuts for layups... keywords are "nice stretch".. he hasnt proven himself by a longshot..

Dont know why we're heaping so much expectations on the guy...  we're gonna bury him with it.  Lets hope he can get it going, esp coming off double surgery.

If you're looking for AB to be the saviior..well, anythings possible but.. its a pretty sad state of afairs if thats where we're at./

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Really funny when you think about it.. couple years ago most everyone on this forum couldnt figure how AB even stuck on a D league squad. He was pathetic...

The headline of this thread talks of AB's greatness. Things have changed so much?

Look, AB had a nice stretch for us last season.... is pain in *** to whoever he covers, was hitting jumpers, making nice backdoor cuts for layups... keywords are "nice stretch".. he hasnt proven himself by a longshot..

Dont know why we're heaping so much expectations on the guy...  we're gonna bury him with it.  Lets hope he can get it going, esp coming off double surgery.

If you're looking for AB to be the saviior..well, anythings possible but.. its a pretty sad state of afairs if thats where we're at./

Agree it will take more than AB

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Catalyst- Yes. Saviour- No

Noone said he was MJ or even Scottie Pippen.

I wish Green was a Scottie Pippen type, but WHO IS?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We could use a highly athletic and smart swing defender to with Lee at SG.AB is best at PG defending.

That's why I have always wanted a Danny Green or Matt Barnes.Or both.

Sections
Shortcuts