how celts and lakes can complete a gasol-bynum trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

how celts and lakes can complete a gasol-bynum trade

TO ME, THIS SHOULD be a move the celts are trying to make at all costs. y not both bynum and gasol? i say they should be working with lakes to trade rondo (PG solution right there) along with pierce (LA boy) or ray (expiring contract, floor stretcher they need) or even JO. so rondo, ray and jo for gasol and bynum and a first rounder or 2. we pick up bynum's option next season and make him a fixture going forward. then we can run the offense thru pp (frankly like it better than running it thru rondo). thats your new big 3.

heck thats a big 5 mix with kg around with bass. avery bradley is defensively BETTER than rondo and can be developed to be as good esp offensively (passing perhaps not). i like avery/moore as PGs of the future. this deal works out for all involved. lake show can easily get horward as a free agent (what he loses in salary can be easily made up in endorsements and side jobs). so for next year they have rondo, kobe, ray, howard and character as starters. that's a pretty dominant group with guys like fish (no rondo in the last 3 minutes), world peace and mcroberts coming off the bench.

heck, if derron willliams wants to go there too, lakes would have the cap space to sign him as well and bring rondo off the bench or play them together (like clips with paul and billups). for celts, you immediately have pierce-bynum-kg-avery and pietrus as starters. then u have gasol, bass, marquis, wilcox, and dooling coming off your bench. i think that makes us instant contenders in the short and long run. we can always re-sign kg at far cheaper $ or get a younger, more athletic replacement next season. in this scenario, bynum becomes the focal building block going forward. i like that better than having rondo as the chip. we need to play more 5 on 5 offensive ball. if lakes want bass as well, i would swallow hard and incl him if we must.

why cant deal be made, what else would it take?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Re: how celts and lakes can complete a gasol-bynum trade

You don't think the Lakers could get more for Bynum and Gasol then Rondo, Ray and JO? After the season JO will retire and Ray could sign with another team, so they are left with Rondo.
    So, the Lakers 3 bigs would then be JO, McRoberts and Murphy.
    If LA couldn't sign Howard as a free agent, then what do they do?
    If LA had Rondo, why would Deron Williams want to play for LA?

This is one fantasy that F34 couldn't even dream up...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to how celts and lakes can complete a gasol-bynum trade:
    [QUOTE]TO ME, THIS SHOULD be a move the celts are trying to make at all costs. y not both bynum and gasol? i say they should be working with lakes to trade rondo (PG solution right there) along with pierce (LA boy) or ray (expiring contract, floor stretcher they need) or even JO. so rondo, ray and jo for gasol and bynum and a first rounder or 2. we pick up bynum's option next season and make him a fixture going forward. then we can run the offense thru pp (frankly like it better than running it thru rondo). thats your new big 3. heck thats a big 5 mix with kg around with bass. avery bradley is defensively BETTER than rondo and can be developed to be as good esp offensively (passing perhaps not). i like avery/moore as PGs of the future. this deal works out for all involved. lake show can easily get horward as a free agent (what he loses in salary can be easily made up in endorsements and side jobs). so for next year they have rondo, kobe, ray, howard and character as starters. that's a pretty dominant group with guys like fish (no rondo in the last 3 minutes), world peace and mcroberts coming off the bench. heck, if derron willliams wants to go there too, lakes would have the cap space to sign him as well and bring rondo off the bench or play them together (like clips with paul and billups). for celts, you immediately have pierce-bynum-kg-avery and pietrus as starters. then u have gasol, bass, marquis, wilcox, and dooling coming off your bench. i think that makes us instant contenders in the short and long run. we can always re-sign kg at far cheaper $ or get a younger, more athletic replacement next season. in this scenario, bynum becomes the focal building block going forward. i like that better than having rondo as the chip. we need to play more 5 on 5 offensive ball. if lakes want bass as well, i would swallow hard and incl him if we must. why cant deal be made, what else would it take?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

The deal won't be made because it doesn't help the Lakers THIS year. They have Bynum as the trade chip to get Howard before the trade deadline. And they aren't going to give up Gasol for Pierce, although trading for Rondo is a possiblity. But the Lakers like their length as it gives them a huge advantage over most teams. With Bynum and Gasol, they become the favorites in the West even without a quality point guard. They can bring in a better point guard next year since Fish is on his last legs and Blake is better as a backup.

I just don't see the Lakers making your trade scenario work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: how celts and lakes can complete a gasol-bynum trade:
    [QUOTE]In Response to how celts and lakes can complete a gasol-bynum trade : The deal won't be made because it doesn't help the Lakers THIS year. They have Bynum as the trade chip to get Howard before the trade deadline. And they aren't going to give up Gasol for Pierce, although trading for Rondo is a possiblity. But the Lakers like their length as it gives them a huge advantage over most teams. With Bynum and Gasol, they become the favorites in the West even without a quality point guard. They can bring in a better point guard next year since Fish is on his last legs and Blake is better as a backup. I just don't see the Lakers making your trade scenario work.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

The 25 mill question is - would ORL trade for Bynum  AND would HE sign a contract extension with ORL?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't believe thread this makes a bit of sense, but what I would say is with the Lakers imploding it does not help their DH trade case with Bynum and Gasol losing all the games of consequence to decent teams.

Qdaddy
    The Celtics at this point are not maintaining they are an elite team as the choking Lakers are.

Deron Williams is the wild card if he is moved to Orlando, DH will stay and if he goes to Dallas DH could join him after the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I don't see the Lakers trading both big men for anyone. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]I don't believe thread this makes a bit of sense, but what I would say is with the Lakers imploding it does not help their DH trade case with Bynum and Gasol losing all the games of consequence to decent teams. Qdaddy The Celtics at this point are not maintaining they are an elite team as the choking Lakers are. Deron Williams is the wild card if he is moved to Orlando, DH will stay and if he goes to Dallas DH could join him after the season.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Why would NJ trade Williams to ORL?  They will wait until Howard is traded....or not (what I have been saying since June - he's not going anywhere), then deal him to DAL (Odom and Terry) or some other team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

The Lakers won't trade both Bynum and Gasol.  Since they no longer use the triangle offense, it seems Gasol is not as effective.  He likes the ball down low in the post where he can do more with it (shoot or pass).  Right now, he's playing too far away from the basket.  I can see them trading Gasol but Bynum is being saved for either a deal for DH or, if that fails, an expiring contract so there is cap space for DH later.

Also, why would the Lakers give the Celtics Bynum, Gasol AND a 1st rounder (or two).  If the Celtics package consisted of Rondo, Ray and JON, I think the Lakers would be requesting a 1st rounder (or two), not the Celtics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I don't think Pau Gasol's trade value is as good as a lot of people think.  If so, wouldn't the lakers have Chris Paul by now??  But, I think they would if they traded Bynum and kept Gasol/
    Just my opinion!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Why would the Lakers make this trade?
    So, their 3 big men would be JO, McRoberts and Murphy?

That would be a lottery team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: how celts and lakes can complete a gasol-bynum trade : Why would NJ trade Williams to ORL?  They will wait until Howard is traded....or not (what I have been saying since June - he's not going anywhere), then deal him to DAL (Odom and Terry) or some other team.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

They would trade Deron Williams because they know DH is not coming there and that they will lose him if they keep him passed the deadline.  I think this is a real probability as the Nets really have little chance to be the final destination now.
    I do agree with you about Dallas though and the idea DH and DW could end up there.
    I also hold out a small hope that DH could end up here to. Very small.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]I n Response to Re: how celts and lakes can complete a gasol-bynum trade : They would trade Deron Williams because they know DH is not coming there and that they will lose him if they keep him passed the deadline.  I think this is a real probability as the Nets really have little chance to be the final destination now. I do agree with you about Dallas though and the idea DH and DW could end up there. I also hold out a small hope that DH could end up here to. Very small.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I see your point, but I just don't see NJ helping ORL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Deron is not going to be traded to Orlando.
    Who would NJ receive from Orlando?

Dwight will be traded before the trade deadline then NJ will trade Deron shortly thereafter for the best package they can receive for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

lots of good points. would anyone do pierce for gasol straight up? pp has 2 more years, gasol has 3 i believe. this way the laks can have a real closer and we have a versatile more athletic big man who likes posting up. perhaps in the offseason they can then reconvene and depending on what happens with DH and deron decide on a bynum for rondo and a #1 deal. i really do not see howard to the lakes.