How come JG didn't play?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

How come JG didn't play?

My bad.   I just looked @ the box score and see that he did play 23min.   LOL.    JG is who I thought he was.   I know, he tried to be more aggressive.   He tried to take the ball to the hoop almost everytime he put his hand on it.   But, you can't change your stripes.   That's why he got 'Bill Russell stuffed' by Bosh.   JG is just not made for big boy basketball.   He's on the soft side and that leads to thinking and playing a step slow.   He yings when he should yang, and yangs when he should ying.   C's played very soft D against the Heat.   JG who is 6'9" and played 23min was no contest to the inside game of the Heat.   Some use to claim Bosh as being soft.   JG is charmin compared to Bosh.   JG is who I knew he is...not a 36mil player.   Not worth trading Perk for.   In fact, the C's should have obtained (gulp) Jamison instead of JG.   Woulda been less $ (? was Jamison's contract expired), woulda got some points/outside shooting, Jamison can get some boards, and they both have weak defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainMugford. Show CaptainMugford's posts

Re: How come JG didn't play?

I'm still waiting to hear a reasonable explanation for that contract. Is there any reason to believe other teams were interested in him for more than a short, low-dollar contract?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to docc's comment:

My bad.   I just looked @ the box score and see that he did play 23min.   LOL.    JG is who I thought he was.   I know, he tried to be more aggressive.   He tried to take the ball to the hoop almost everytime he put his hand on it.   But, you can't change your stripes.   That's why he got 'Bill Russell stuffed' by Bosh.   JG is just not made for big boy basketball.   He's on the soft side and that leads to thinking and playing a step slow.   He yings when he should yang, and yangs when he should ying.   C's played very soft D against the Heat.   JG who is 6'9" and played 23min was no contest to the inside game of the Heat.   Some use to claim Bosh as being soft.   JG is charmin compared to Bosh.   JG is who I knew he is...not a 36mil player.   Not worth trading Perk for.   In fact, the C's should have obtained (gulp) Jamison instead of JG.   Woulda been less $ (? was Jamison's contract expired), woulda got some points/outside shooting, Jamison can get some boards, and they both have weak defense.

Wow...one game?

NEWSFLASH!  Wade, Lebron AND Bosh are great defenders when they want to play defense. If its defense that has your panties in a bunch, then you need to call out the WHOLE team. K.G. being driven on my Ray Ray was embarrsing for him after his tough guy act. Fact is K.G. just being on the floor doesnt make us tough anymore. If Rondo hogtying Wade with seconds left is all the toughness we got, then we got problems my friend. Guys like Sully who can board and Darco who can fill up space and give hard fouls better get more time or more of the same. K.G. cant play long so Green has to play some 4 or else give Darco and Sully more run or play Wilcox. This "team" has been soft for a while but we are still contenders year in and year out. You sound like you paid part of Greens Salary! Who cares what he got?!!?  Were you crying about Scal getting 18 milly!!!!  All to be a laughing stock of the league!?!?  The only guy who looks like carrot top and gets a sarcastic cheer from the crowd got GOOD money too,. its the NBA...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Remember he was out of basketball for a year!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Green will prove his worth.. I have no doubts about it..These are the defending champs. They are a very confident team at this point. We used to be at that level. Many of the young guys will have to learn to raise their level of play. One game does not make or break the season. I think we have an excellent team and will be contenders for the finals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Yes Triple OG.   If you know anything bout me forum'in (I'm not use to your handle), then you'll know that I had nothing good to say bout Scal for 5yrs!   I'm not gonna give you my history of opinions right now... but, you will in the future... Some of you need 5gms or 10gms or half a season to watch players.   I don't need that long.   I can see how someone plays immediately.   Remember, JG has been working out for months.   He's had the whole preseason.   Everyone knew the defending champs were the first game even if you want to exclude all the RA stuff.   JG played just like he did at the end of the '10 -'11 season.   Very few players change their games.   More important, even less can change their mental make-up.   He was soft for GU, OKC didn't look back after trading him.   But, your boy, DA gives up 36mil.   I know ball.   I don't have to see 1/3 of season.   JG is who I know he is.                                                           

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

OKC traded him because they know he was worth more and didn't want to pay.  Hello....look at what they did with Harden, as well.  Harden averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists and he just signed a 5 year $80 deal.  Green gets $36M and we complain?   

let's evaluate him after half a season, not one game.   I am a G'town season ticket holder.  He was NOT soft.  He was one of three guys who carried that team!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

He can play, he hasn't played in over a year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I've got my doubts about Green, and if truth be told,  given the C's are one year older, my doubts about the  team, but some of the  comments about  Green and the C's after one game belong in the throw  in the towel category.

AFTER ONE GAME?!!

Sheesh!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Writing Jeff Green off after one game is silly. That said I don't like his mental game at all. Rondo shows fire but Green shows, well, passivity. I hope that changes. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

To docc:

wow...way to support your team! One game folks...give the guy a chance. My assesemnet of his play was he was tentative when on the floor with PP or KG. It's as if he didn't want to take shots away from them. He will get over that, I trust.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

OKC traded him because they know he was worth more and didn't want to pay.  Hello....look at what they did with Harden, as well.  Harden averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists and he just signed a 5 year $80 deal.  Green gets $36M and we complain?   

let's evaluate him after half a season, not one game.   I am a G'town season ticket holder.  He was NOT soft.  He was one of three guys who carried that team!

I like the addition of Jeff Green, next to the Big 3 he's the most important piece to this roster. I can live with his contract.

But Jeff Green is no Harden. Harden is a legit All-Star. He showed (though it's just 1 game) last night he can carry a team. 37 points and 12 dimes. The rockets are his team.

I feel Harden is a better player than Westbrook.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Yes Triple OG.   If you know anything bout me forum'in (I'm not use to your handle), then you'll know that I had nothing good to say bout Scal for 5yrs!   I'm not gonna give you my history of opinions right now... but, you will in the future... Some of you need 5gms or 10gms or half a season to watch players.   I don't need that long.   I can see how someone plays immediately.   Remember, JG has been working out for months.   He's had the whole preseason.   Everyone knew the defending champs were the first game even if you want to exclude all the RA stuff.   JG played just like he did at the end of the '10 -'11 season.   Very few players change their games.   More important, even less can change their mental make-up.   He was soft for GU, OKC didn't look back after trading him.   But, your boy, DA gives up 36mil.   I know ball.   I don't have to see 1/3 of season.   JG is who I know he is.                                                           

Ok, so it sounds like you just have a prob. with Danny and u need to switch teams I guess. Look, I get ALL of what you are saying. I know BBall too, in fact I still play at a high level( my handle was JayShizzle45) but my point is as a fan, Im not gonna write the guy off after one game. I thought he played timid and was unsure of himself,. I wont use the word soft. The thing is, Ive seen him BALL, so its not the case with Scal, where he was never gonna LEARN to jump, be athletic or pass like Magic Johnson but Green SHOWED some promise in preseason and was Balling. Everytime he had a 3 on him, he would post up and wit a 4, he would go by him. He had a tough matchup going at Bosh who CAN defend. I think he will have good games and bad like most NBA players but to judge on him on 1st REAL game back against the Champs when the WHOLE team didnt play D and guys we KNOW arent soft like K.G. didnt muster anything either, you pick on the guy who just had heart surgery?!?!  Thats not a fan Bro!   I love K.G. to death, but I cringed when they signed him for 3 years. Dude looks like he can only go 10 minutes a game right NOW....so like I said, its the NBA and almost everyone is OVERPAID, even P.P. so to me its a mute point unless u gonna quit watching. Your dont pay salaries so chill out and be a fan and watch or dont....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

One game is one game.  next game out Ray Allen could get 5 points and Green could drop 17.

I am not totally sold on Green but I sure am not going to make any declarations after one game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Jeff Green is an ineffective 4.

Rivers will never figure that out.

This is the second time I have to remind you that Lebron James plays power forward for the Heat. Lebron james. Not pau Gasol.  Jeff Green should be playing four against lebron James. He shouldn't be playing the four against Zach Randolph, Paul Gasol, Kevin Love etc... Doc knows what he is doing.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

This is too small a sample to be writnig off Jeff green. It's just silly. two months into the season if he is still playing this way then  there is serious cause for concern. but it was ONE GAME!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

KG is just as soft as JG.  Doesn't post up and never plays in the paint.  Rondo is just about as good of a rebounder as he is.  If KG is our last line of defense, at his age, we are going to have a difficult time.  Lay off JG.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Cs will be fine! As bad as they played, they were still able to pull within 4 with a few minutes to go in the game.  

On the topic of JG, he was thinking to much, versus being instinctive. He simply needs to go out and play!

Regarding changes, I think we will be seeing more of CW in the very near future.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

These were the same discussions we said bout JG 2yrs ago and what was talked about trying to figure out his fate on the Cs.   So, he  comes back and his first game, he plays the same.   Then many of you say 'give him some time'.   Can't change spots.   Can't change mental make-up.   Tough guys are always tough.   Soft guys always soft.    He didn't score a fg in 23mins!   And he's suppose to be a big time player.   In a big game (see what Harden did his first game w/ Rockets)!   Bass missed his first shot and kept balling.   JG missed his first and hid under a rock.   I'm sure he'll put up numbers against weaker teams.   But, in big games he's gonna be a no show like he's been thru-out his career.   First games mean a lot.   I said my say.   You want Thanksgiving.   Christmas.   Valentines day.   You got it.   I don't need that time.... GU did under perform w/ JG.   He was the ? 5th pick.   I can't remember but they got upset by ?? Ohio state (I know the team that beat them was an upset).... This is the Celtics.   They ain't won 18 by soft players.   Who?   Big Bill?   Diving Cowens or Larry Legend?   PP?   Reggie Lewis?   Or the numerous others.   Being soft was no where in the discussion (except when Larry called out his team in ? 1984).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

These were the same discussions we said bout JG 2yrs ago and what was talked about trying to figure out his fate on the Cs.   So, he  comes back and his first game, he plays the same.   Then many of you say 'give him some time'.   Can't change spots.   Can't change mental make-up.   Tough guys are always tough.   Soft guys always soft.    He didn't score a fg in 23mins!   And he's suppose to be a big time player.   In a big game (see what Harden did his first game w/ Rockets)!   Bass missed his first shot and kept balling.   JG missed his first and hid under a rock.   I'm sure he'll put up numbers against weaker teams.   But, in big games he's gonna be a no show like he's been thru-out his career.   First games mean a lot.   I said my say.   You want Thanksgiving.   Christmas.   Valentines day.   You got it.   I don't need that time.... GU did under perform w/ JG.   He was the ? 5th pick.   I can't remember but they got upset by ?? Ohio state (I know the team that beat them was an upset).... This is the Celtics.   They ain't won 18 by soft players.   Who?   Big Bill?   Diving Cowens or Larry Legend?   PP?   Reggie Lewis?   Or the numerous others.   Being soft was no where in the discussion (except when Larry called out his team in ? 1984).

Jason Terry, and kevin Garnett didn't play great either better trade them. Oh wait. It was ONE GAME.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

This a post i started nine days ago (nov. 2, 20012).   About JGreen.   Many of you said give him a chance.   I said I didn't need to wait to know that JG has no championship ability.   Now, many of you are discussing his game.   "Game knows no-game".   He can't change the way he's played all his life...... Lets compare 5th round picks.   Eric Turner of sixers is no world beater.   But he's trying to become a better pro after his celebrated college career.   Sometimes he's the best on the court (tho doesn't come close to PP when he was younger).   We'd all give up (a lot for this trade) if the Cs could aquire Turner for JG.   Many are anticipating whether Turner makes the all-star team.   It's not gonna happen w/ JG.   I feel JG is like Telfair.   DA falls in love w/ certain players even if good evaluators wouldn't give them 2nd thoughts.  (remember Y Jilian another of DA's favorites)

Sections
Shortcuts