HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US...

i was ticked.. figured pp would pull it out or at least top ray in the 3 point shoot-out. he beat ray but how can you let a miami heat beat you in that situation. now have a bit of a mental advantage somwhere. going first really suckked for pp just going last in first round helped him i guess. just making one or 2 money balls in that last round he would have hit the magical 20, meaning he would have been in a shoot-out or won outright... ray is a steady guy but his highs simply have never been as high as guys like reggie or pp in anything... minus that 11 3 point game versus the lakes... hope paul does the slam dunk contest next year... or perhaps rondo could do it.. but seriously i think pp would do well in that contest. he's a natural creative ham and he did come in 2nd to vince carter in college and still has mad hops!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US...

I think they both did well.  Who would've thought jones was going to net 20 in the last round?

besides, it's a 3 pt contest.  This means nothing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Winning the 3pt contest doesn't mean anything, it's all hype with little substance, especially how it's setup someone could just get hot for a round and win.

Being a great 3pt shooting means being consistent.  If they shot for another 10, or 20 or 30 rounds etc..., Ray would eventually overtake everyone, just like with the 3pt record.

Pierce technically won, but if you do the math, the numbers show that Ray actually won with more 3pt makes out of the two rounds. If you watch all his 3pt contests, Ray consistently makes 15-20 shots a round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Pierce versus Ray is set shot versus jump shot. Notice that in the 1st round Ray got 20 while Pierce only had 12 points. Then in the 2nd round it was Pierce who got 18 while Ray only had 15 points. The jump shot is at a disadvantage in a shooting competition because it takes a lot of effort to shoot a jump shot. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US...:
    [QUOTE]I think they both did well.  Who would've thought jones was going to net 20 in the last round? besides, it's a 3 pt contest.  This means nothing. 
    Posted by Driscoll92587[/QUOTE]

Agree that they both did well.  Winning takes some skill and a lot of luck.  Unlike the slam dunk contest which is based on skill alone. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Pierce still "has mad hops" He's a high flyer, he looks like he jumped off a pogo stick, he's a human high light reel.  If you're gonna say something stupid, go all the way.  Pierce is not even in the top 6 dunkers on has on team!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE] Pierce still "has mad hops" He's a high flyer, he looks like he jumped off a pogo stick, he's a human high light reel.  If you're gonna say something stupid, go all the way.  Pierce is not even in the top 6 dunkers on has on team!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]genius, have you seen his you tube series of dunks? that dunk on bosh last year is in my top 10 of ALL-TIME! plus hi sdunk with 2 7 foot raptors hanging near the rim on january of this year is another, same with his dunk versus the nets in his last game.. 

don't come at me with your weak kool-aid without facts before i get a girl to KY you as she goes for her pierce bubblehead and then..... KY, was that your prison nickname because of the soap incident?Tongue out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

I bet Paul Pierce gets another MRI today because he lost. I think the only person who cares about the 3 point contest is Paul himself.Paul you disappointed me so much last night!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Winning the 3pt contest doesn't mean anything, it's all hype with little substance, especially how it's setup someone could just get hot for a round and win. Being a great 3pt shooting means being consistent.  If they shot for another 10, or 20 or 30 rounds etc..., Ray would eventually overtake everyone, just like with the 3pt record. Pierce technically won, but if you do the math, the numbers show that Ray actually won with more 3pt makes out of the two rounds. If you watch all his 3pt contests, Ray consistently makes 15-20 shots a round.
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

Ray,
    If you want to get hypothetical lets say this.  If Paul didn't have to go back to back on his attempts he would have put 22 on the board and won the event.  Technically you just need to get to the final round in order to win the tourney. Paul did that while Ray was impressive the first round he was not a factor after that.  Tired legs maybe?  Making the most three pters of all time means you probably have tried the most or close to it.  The more 3 pters they shoot the more I would put my money on Paul mainly because he doesn't jump like Ray.

One other person wanted to win the contest- Ray Allen.  Paul got himself up to go against Ray and I KNOW Ray wanted the contest. (Maybe more than anyone)

All said and done we have 2 very good 3 pt shooters on our team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... : genius, have you seen his you tube series of dunks? that dunk on bosh last year is in my top 10 of ALL-TIME! plus hi sdunk with 2 7 foot raptors hanging near the rim on january of this year is another, same with his dunk versus the nets in his last game..  don't come at me with your weak kool-aid without facts before i get a girl to KY you as she goes for her pierce bubblehead and then..... KY, was that your prison nickname because of the soap incident?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Very impressive, i'm sure not going to mess with you again!!!   Everyone knows pierce is a such  great leaper!!   HAHAHAHAHAHA   What a clown you are!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... : Ray, If you want to get hypothetical lets say this.  If Paul didn't have to go back to back on his attempts he would have put 22 on the board and won the event.  Technically you just need to get to the final round in order to win the tourney. Paul did that while Ray was impressive the first round he was not a factor after that.  Tired legs maybe?  Making the most three pters of all time means you probably have tried the most or close to it.  The more 3 pters they shoot the more I would put my money on Paul mainly because he doesn't jump like Ray. One other person wanted to win the contest- Ray Allen.  Paul got himself up to go against Ray and I KNOW Ray wanted the contest. (Maybe more than anyone) All said and done we have 2 very good 3 pt shooters on our team.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

All said, you hate Ray!!  Did you see Charles and Kennys and McHale's, Webber, Kerr and Reggie's all time teams.  KG and Ray were picked way before the truth. The only reason pierce was picked at all was McHale was picking all Celtics, and all the other good ones were gone!!!  Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... :  All said, you hate Ray!!  Did you see Charles and Kennys and McHale's, Webber, Kerr and Reggie's all time teams.  KG and Ray were picked way before the truth. The only reason pierce was picked at all was McHale was picking all Celtics, and all the other good ones were gone!!!  Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]pp is the most underrated superstar in the HISTORY of professional sports. one of those guys who wont be appreciated until he retires and the team he leaves simply crumbles without him. we went to the eastern final without the great garnett, let pp fall and we do not get out of the first round.. without ray, we could still win a ring. paul will just get more shots, not such a bad thing. he can shoot the 3, or go inside.. whatever we need! 

reggie miller wasnt good enough to make the hall of fame his first time as will be the case with ray... not even a question that paul gets to walk in his first try! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... :  All said, you hate Ray!!  Did you see Charles and Kennys and McHale's, Webber, Kerr and Reggie's all time teams.  KG and Ray were picked way before the truth. The only reason pierce was picked at all was McHale was picking all Celtics, and all the other good ones were gone!!!  Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]
    Was that an all time team? I turned it on for 5 minutes and had no clue what was going on. Wasn't Allen Iverson picked 1st overall?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... : pp is the most underrated superstar in the HISTORY of professional sports. one of those guys who wont be appreciated until he retires and the team he leaves simply crumbles without him. we went to the eastern final without the great garnett, let pp fall and we do not get out of the first round.. without ray, we could still win a ring. paul will just get more shots, not such a bad thing. he can shoot the 3, or go inside.. whatever we need!  reggie miller wasnt good enough to make the hall of fame his first time as will be the case with ray... not even a question that paul gets to walk in his first try! 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]\
    Reggie Miller not getting in the 1st ballot is a travesty. In my opinion, he's the 2nd best shooter of all time (Ray 1st). And I don't know if it will happen but all of the big three deserve to be in 1st round. Any one with 9, 10, or 14 all star appearances deserves to get in 1st round.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... : Was that an all time team? I turned it on for 5 minutes and had no clue what was going on. Wasn't Allen Iverson picked 1st overall?
    Posted by WE5NUTS[/QUOTE]

Barkley picked Iverson, he obviously had no clue either!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... :  Barkley picked Iverson, he obviously had no clue either!!

A CLOWN from Kentucky also picked Antoine Walker ahead of Paul Pierce. No clue whatsoever that CLOWN from KY.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

You are a fr***king idiot.   I could care less what Charles does.  And you are wrong I like Ray.  YOU HATE PIERCE  -  I can see where you would be jealous especially after Paul finished higher than Ray in the 3 pt contest.  Just as PP said.  Now Sit on that and spin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... : Was that an all time team? I turned it on for 5 minutes and had no clue what was going on. Wasn't Allen Iverson picked 1st overall?
    Posted by WE5NUTS[/QUOTE]

I guess that tells you something about KY's picks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... :  Barkley picked Iverson, he obviously had no clue either!!

Reminds me of you.   You are showing your ignorance again.  Getting pretty regular with you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... : You are a fr***king idiot.   I could care less what Charles does.  And you are wrong I like Ray.  YOU HATE PIERCE  -  I can see where you would be jealous especially after Paul finished higher than Ray in the 3 pt contest.  Just as PP said.  Now Sit on that and spin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I'm honest about how i feel about pierce, you on the other hand are only fooling yourself. As some other poster asked you, " could you just once say something postive" about the 3 point king!!  Like i said before, Ray didnt care, pierce choked!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... :  I'm honest about how i feel about pierce, you on the other hand are only fooling yourself. As some other poster asked you, " could you just once say something postive" about the 3 point king!!  Like i said before, Ray didnt care, pierce choked!!

You are a honest idiot.  But as usual you are wrong.  I have said many times I like Ray.  I could care less what you think.  You are showing your true colors.  Wouldn't suprise me if you WANTED PP to play bad.  On the other hand I don't want ANY Celtic to play bad.  You are BESTED  again.  Please quit replying to me, I don't usually  converse with Bozos like you.  You are now on ignore.  Sit on that and spin.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW COULD PIERCE + ALLEN DO THIS TO US... :  I'm honest about how i feel about pierce, you on the other hand are only fooling yourself. As some other poster asked you, " could you just once say something postive" about the 3 point king!!  Like i said before, Ray didnt care, pierce choked!!

Man, not only are you a clown, you are also a liar. A freakin' lying clown, that's what you are!

"I wanted to win badly,” said Allen, “and I didn't need to talk about it. I just wanted to do it. So it just ... again, if I could find a gym tonight I'd go through it again, just to get that feeling out of my stomach."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

I don't understand. How did Pierce choke when Ray only had 15 points while Pierce had 18 in the Finals? 

Ray also said he wanted to win badly. So why do you say Ray didn't care?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

KY, of course Ray cared.  he REALLY cared and wanted it.  This isn't complicated.  Sometimes you miss a few shots...that's all.  I'm proud of both Ray and Paul.  

By the way, for those wondering.....Ray has a slightly higher 3 point shooting percentage than Reggie and got to the record in 3 less years than Reggie, I believe.  So, I don't know how people cannot say Ray is the greatest 3 point shooter of all time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It's really funny how Pierce ended up choking when Ray, Pierce, and James Jones were all in the finals. Pierce choked and Ray didn't care?

HAHAHA!!!

Sections
Shortcuts