How did they do that?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Re: How did they do that?

In Response to Re: How did they do that?:
    In Response to Re: How did they do that? : We played the weak Atlanta Hawks and the weak 76ers in the first 2 rounds.  The only reason my Celtics made it to the ECF was because of 1 injury to a guy named Derrick Rose. That is our only hope again this year. Ugh!!
    Posted by GoGREEN!

Even us true Laker fans can tell you are wrong. Mine and your Laker team was destroyed the last two seasons in the second round. 1 win and 8 losses.  Devestating.  We barely beat a weak Denver team, and the year before a weak Hornet team.  Now I watch the Celtics team play as well. They were the only team in the league with a chance to beat the Heat.  The fought tooth and nail and almost pulled it out. I am truly glad our Laker team didn't play the Heat.  That would have been UGLY />

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

True, bynum is a huge piece to the 76ers puzzle.  This won't be their year though.  With the loss of Iggy and Brand, they will struggle.  Once this season is done and they are able to get some pieces to work with Bynum, they will be solid.  They just missed out with the trade happening so late, to get the pieces to work with him this year.

Mitch wasn't looking to put the fork in Celtics back, it just worked out that way.  I think it may work in the Celtics favor though.  Going up against Bynum a greater number of times will help us against Horward come playoff time.

I admit the Lakers and 76ers made they're teams better.  Lakers now and the Sixers future is bright.  I just think it's funny how the Lakers fans on this board have so much hate in their veins that they can't see that the Celtic's greatly improved our team also.  It makes for a less genuine debate and quite boring.

I mean, come at us with some real arguement!  All this, years past crap doesn't mean a thing.  If you want to talk titles, lets just call Boston "Title Town".  For those fans that like multiple sports there isn't a city that has won more titles in the last 12 years and we've won them in all four major sports (NFL 3, NBA 1, MLB 2 and Hockey 1).  That won't last forever but we've been living large for a while and all this petty years past stuff just makes me laugh because we've been partying like it was 1999!  You guys talk crap and then we go out and celebrate.  BAM!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

In Response to Re: How did they do that?:
    True, bynum is a huge piece to the 76ers puzzle.  This won't be their year though.  With the loss of Iggy and Brand, they will struggle.  Once this season is done and they are able to get some pieces to work with Bynum, they will be solid.  They just missed out with the trade happening so late, to get the pieces to work with him this year. Mitch wasn't looking to put the fork in Celtics back, it just worked out that way.  I think it may work in the Celtics favor though.  Going up against Bynum a greater number of times will help us against Horward come playoff time. I admit the Lakers and 76ers made they're teams better.  Lakers now and the Sixers future is bright.  I just think it's funny how the Lakers fans on this board have so much hate in their veins that they can't see that the Celtic's greatly improved our team also.  It makes for a less genuine debate and quite boring. I mean, come at us with some real arguement!  All this, years past crap doesn't mean a thing.  If you want to talk titles, lets just call Boston "Title Town".  For those fans that like multiple sports there isn't a city that has won more titles in the last 12 years and we've won them in all four major sports (NFL 3, NBA 1, MLB 2 and Hockey 1).  That won't last forever but we've been living large for a while and all this petty years past stuff just makes me laugh because we've been partying like it was 1999!  You guys talk crap and then we go out and celebrate.  BAM!
    Posted by red2004sox

You just Mitchslapped us!!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

bloggdy oop,

brothherrrr man lol, seriously...lol...shows the lack of iq about basketball..you think nash is 22 and wont turn 40...40 years old......

celtics got better players this offseason....too bad your trolling....TROLL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

How did they do that.....?      ...more to the point.....how in hell did Red do that...?

manipulated his way into getting the rights to draft Bill Russell.....(11 titles in 13 years)....he guaranteed Rochester, NY (my hometown) a visit by the Ice Capades....?

drafted Larry Bird as a junior eligible...multiple champion and Hall of Famer

traded the 1st pick (Joe Barry Carrol) and the 10th pick for Robert Parish and the 3rd pick (Kevin McHale)....both multiple champions & Hall of Famers

traded Rick Robey for Dennis Johnson (Hall of Famer)

traded Gerald Henderson for a draft pick (#2 overall....Len Bias...we all know what happened)

not only was Red a Hall of Fame coach...he was a HOF GM....also the guy that built multiple dynasties....there has never been anything like him in NBA history...

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts