How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer.

We need to add a very solid physical pick setter and rebounder/defender like Reggie Evans and DeAndre Jordan ( who adds shot-blocking to that package)

We need outstanding scorers to go right back at Wade,Lebron and Bosh.
    Guys with outstanding shooting and dribbling combined in one package.

You can't defend Wade and Bron, So you need to do what you can to tire them through picks and making them play tough defense.

That means all of our perimeter players need to be outside threats as well as dribble penetrators.

Why?

Because just like Wade and Bron, they are a catch 22.

If you close out hard to the 3 point line they beat you off the dribble, if you close out cautiously they nail you with the 3 and break your spirit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer.

In Response to How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer.:
    [QUOTE]We need to add a very solid physical pick setter and rebounder/defender like Reggie Evans and DeAndre Jordan ( who adds shot-blocking to that package) We need outstanding scorers to go right back at Wade,Lebron and Bosh. Guys with outstanding shooting and dribbling combined in one package. You can't defend Wade and Bron, So you need to do what you can to tire them through picks and making them play tough defense. That means all of our perimeter players need to be outside threats as well as dribble penetrators. Why? Because just like Wade and Bron, they are a catch 22. If you close out hard to the 3 point line they beat you off the dribble, if you close out cautiously they nail you with the 3 and break your spirit.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer.

You wrote that we need a very solid physical pick setter and rebounder/defender.  What?  Danny Ainge says we had a tough physical team that could set picks, rebound and defend.  Are you challenging the all knowing Danny Ainge?  The GM who traded our best pick setter, rebounder and last line of defense.

You also wrote that we can't defend Wade and Lebron.  Really?  When we had James Posey and Tony Allen they did a number defensively of not only Wade and Lebron, but also Kobe.  Posey definitely showed that he could handle either Lebron or Posey.  Allen plaed well on defense against Kobe and Lebron last year.

Your post is basically full of nonsense.  The real question is how are we going to advance this team with that NutHead Ainge as GM?  He has not made a decent player personnel move since McHale dropped KG in his lap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Danny needs to do something right for once. I agree that he totally blew it not drafting Jordan and trading Erden and Luke for a 2nd round pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer.:
    [QUOTE]You wrote that we need a very solid physical pick setter and rebounder/defender.  What?  Danny Ainge says we had a tough physical team that could set picks, rebound and defend.  Are you challenging the all knowing Danny Ainge?  The GM who traded our best pick setter, rebounder and last line of defense. You also wrote that we can't defend Wade and Lebron.  Really?  When we had James Posey and Tony Allen they did a number defensively of not only Wade and Lebron, but also Kobe.  Posey definitely showed that he could handle either Lebron or Posey.  Allen plaed well on defense against Kobe and Lebron last year. Your post is basically full of nonsense.  The real question is how are we going to advance this team with that NutHead Ainge as GM?  He has not made a decent player personnel move since McHale dropped KG in his lap.
    Posted by larry1717[/QUOTE]

I'm not thrilled with Ainge right now, but he did not have K.G. dropped into his lap.
    He may have had an inside track on what it would take to lure K.G., but he did the work and it was his drafting and decisions that made it financially possible.

Mchale did'nt help him pick up Wally and Theo's huge contracts. He did'nt help him draft Rondo, Perk,Big Baby,Powe,Al Jefferson, Delonte, TA,Ryan Gomes,Gerald Green or pick up Telfair,Ricky Davis and whoever else made it all work out for a championship.

That was a GM built championship. Miami is looking at a player built championship.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In Response to Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer.:
    [QUOTE]GM who traded our best pick setter, rebounder and last line of defense. Posted by larry1717[/QUOTE]

If a 6.1 RPG, 4.5 PPG, 0.8 BPG guy is your best rebounder and defender you are in trouble in the play-offs anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer. : If a 6.1 RPG, 4.5 PPG, 0.8 BPG guy is your best rebounder and defender you are in trouble in the play-offs anyway.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

If that's Reggie's stats, that's in fewer minutes than we play Big Baby. That's what we need from our back up PF. More rebounds and defense than scoring.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

That were Perkins stats at OKC in the play-offs.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]That were Perkins stats at OKC in the play-offs.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]It's not fair to evaluate Perkins's value on his performance with Oklahoma this year. He had just recovered from major knee surgery. It took a whole year of recovery for KG to rediscover his game. Give Perkins the benefit of a whole season with the Thunder before making any conclusions.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics even in decrepid condition with a one armed Rondo had the leads in games four and five in the fourth period.  We had a shot if Rondo was healthy.

If we can get some new personnel and get Doc to find a way to play the big three sparingly the team will not be nearly as bad as some of you are talking about on this thread.

Perkins was horrible in the playoffs and will be playing inconsequential minutes all of next year.  The Thunder made a terrible decision in re-signing him for 35 million.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Danny Ainge said that we did not miss Perkins either on the boards or setting picks or just being the last defender supporting the other 4 players.  AS such we must already have the rebounders and the pick setters and the defenders as DA stated. I assume that means Kristic, JON and Big baby can handle all those tasks at center with ease.  DA knows best.

By the way,  DA has NOT made a good personnel move in years---specifically since McHale handed him KG and that team won the NBA Championship.  Since that season ended DA has messed up repeatedly and royally starting with the Non-Resigning of the #6 man  James Posey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fiercest,
    With all due respect I get your point of view here.  However to me it does mean a lot that we had the lead in games 4 and 5 in the fourth period.  Rondo did not help them win in Miami before he was hurt but still my point is that watching other teams in the playoffs we were still formidable.  Less minutes for the big 3 and some savvy additions will have us being competitive.  My only point at the moment.  I know nothing of DA and Doc's plans. I am encouraged that Doc stayed and think he did it for reasons that were based on the fact that the future is bright for the Celtics.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidB1. Show DavidB1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer. : When Rondo was healthy the Celts were down 0-2.  We had leads in Games 4 and 5, true. But didn't the Celtics also had the lead in Game 7 of the 2010 Finals? The Knicks, in the 1st round, had leads against the Celtics in Games 1 and 2. So why did they end up getting swept? Having leads is not an indication that the Celts can still compete with the likes of the Heat and the Bulls. If you don't believe me then give me an example of a team that won a championship averaging only 39 rebounds per game.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

fiercest is right. By those standards the Bulls would have also beat the Heat  after having 4th quarter leads like in all but one game

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer. : It's not fair to evaluate Perkins's value on his performance with Oklahoma this year. Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

It is exactly fair, cause some people still think we lost due to the trade of perkins. He wasn't a factor for OKC and would not have been a factor for us THIS YEAR. Next year he would have left anyway. That is my point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Lets give the Perkins thing it's rigthful place in fokelore. The bottom line is with an aging big three after that game 7 in LA in 2010, it was obvious to Ainge that Boston could no longer expect those guys in their mid 30's to win with a point guard AND center who could not score. One had to go, and Rondo simply is the better talent. Ainge hoped he could get Shaq healthy, and offense out of Green and Delonte. It did not pan out, but a lineup with Perkins in it was not vastly superior to one with Jermaine at center anyway, and we saw where that got us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Fiercest, With all due respect I get your point of view here.  However to me it does mean a lot that we had the lead in games 4 and 5 in the fourth period.  Rondo did not help them win in Miami before he was hurt but still my point is that watching other teams in the playoffs we were still formidable.  Less minutes for the big 3 and some savvy additions will have us being competitive.  My only point at the moment.  I know nothing of DA and Doc's plans. I am encouraged that Doc stayed and think he did it for reasons that were based on the fact that the future is bright for the Celtics.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I agree that Doc wouldn't have signed a long-term contract if he didn't think this team would improve in the next couple of years and he discussed this with Danny before signing a new contract. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer. : It is exactly fair, cause some people still think we lost due to the trade of perkins. He wasn't a factor for OKC and would not have been a factor for us THIS YEAR. Next year he would have left anyway. That is my point.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]Even if Perkins were not traded, I don't think he would have made much of a difference in the playoffs precisely because he had just recently recovered from major knee surgery. Danny Ainge would most likely not have traded a healthy Perkins. However, considering that Perkins wasn't in top condition and would almost certainly leave the Celtics the following season, DA believed that moving him to Oklahoma was the practical action to take. All I'm saying is that it's unfair to judge a player's worth when he's not healthy. Give Perkins the benefit of a season with the Thunder before passing judgment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

This has to be our team or somethng similar next year....

Rondo
    Ray
    Pierce
    KG
    DeAndre Jordan

West
    Jamal Crawford
    Jeff Green
    Murphy? Powe?
    JO

we need a solid bench that can come in and play with the starters. All of the starters minutes must come down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from richardkc. Show richardkc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer. : Reasons Why the Celtics Lost to the Heat * Celts only won the rebounding battle once, Game 3, against the Heat * Wade never scored less than 23 points against Ray and the Celts * KG's inability to get to the FT line made the Celts a jump shooting team * Celts lack athleticism
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

thats because we dont have a big guy at the middle..if we could have solid backup nxt season like jordan or someone else ..see what joel anthony is doing now in miami he's rebounding it helps them a lot

Sections
Shortcuts