How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer.

In Response to Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer.:
    [QUOTE]Wait 5 years. That's how we will beat the Heat. Some of you guys are dreaming if you think a 36-year old Ray Allen will do better against Wade next season. After what we saw from KG in this year's playoffs you guys really think a 35-year old KG will do better next season? When you're old, you're old! If old age does not affect how an NBA player plays then Michael Jordan and Larry Bird would still be playing right now.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Agree. Barring an unforseen miracle we will not beat the Heat in the coming few years.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer.

Fiercest,
    Your point of the rapid onset of age on the Celtics is irrefutable.  I am watching a 38 year old Jason Kidd out there playing less minutes and still being effective.  Why not Ray and KG at 25 minutes most games?

I do not have a crystal ball but I think considering the skill level of the big three, new additions, and time management that the Celtics will be relevant.

2012 is the year we will really change things and as I  said I get a sense that DA and Doc are going to be major factors in  getting top talent here.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedCoach. Show RedCoach's posts

Let's trade Jeff Green, Rajon Rondo, whoever we pick on June 23 and our 2012 first round draft pick for Dwight Howard.  Then we will have a realistic chance of beating the Miami Heat in the playoffs next year.  Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Red coach,
    You know that could never happen right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In Response to Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer.:
    [QUOTE]All I'm saying is that it's unfair to judge a player's worth when he's not healthy. Give Perkins the benefit of a season with the Thunder before passing judgment.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

Seems like we agree that Perk wouldn't helped us this year. That more or less everything I've said. If Perk could have an impact next year is a total different story.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]Fiercest, Your point of the rapid onset of age on the Celtics is irrefutable.  I am watching a 38 year old Jason Kidd out there playing less minutes and still being effective.  Why not Ray and KG at 25 minutes most games? I do not have a crystal ball but I think considering the skill level of the big three, new additions, and time management that the Celtics will be relevant. 2012 is the year we will really change things and as I  said I get a sense that DA and Doc are going to be major factors in  getting top talent here.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You're not sick and tired of seeing Lebron block Ray Allen's lay-up on the fastbreak?

It doesn't bother you that KG has become a jump shooting big man?

Paul Pierce is still playing at a high level, but if you compare him to Lebron James it's like comparing a Honda to a Ferrari.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i swear, some of you people who criticize ainge and harp on the perk trade are mentally challenged. you're probably 15 years old and don't remember what it was like before danny ainge was hired and returned the celtics to relevance. you probably didn't live through the 20 years or so of insignificance the team went through. you probably don't know the name john bagley. you think a team of perk, tony allen, posey and sheed would beat anyone for a title. you're a bunch of imbeciles.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

What I don't get is people here are talking as if Deandre Jordan is Michael Jordan. 

Like the Celtics are ever going to get him.Embarassed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

21st,
    You make great points but with the benefit of some effective players to complement the big three in that series the Celtics could have easily have won.

You think the Celtics who won three out of four this same season could not compete with the heat if not healthy literally overnight and with a full complement of players.

Shaq was gone and Marquis was out for the year.  We need better players certainly this year and the big 3 need to play significantly less minutes.  Wade and Lebron are souped up sports cars but they are not unbeatable. We played with a one armed Rondo and a bench that was not deeper than seven men.  The Celtics know that cannot go on any longer.  How good they will be I have no idea but they will be good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

21st I should not have said "easily" could have won but could have won.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer. : [context: The Celts will have to wait 5 years and rebuild to beat Miami]  Two reasons why the Celts won in 2008, first, KG was leading scorer for the Celts in the playoffs at 20.4 ppg that year. Second, the Celts were averaging 42.0 rebounds per game, something the Celts could not do the last 2 years.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

But I thought that you have your money on the Mavs beating Miami?  Look, you need a team to beat Miami.  Boston right now has a number of holes.

In 2008, besides the facts you quoted, Boston had scoring ability at 1.  Plus a better bench.  Those were the big differences.  That is why I will not be surprised if Danny trades Rondo this off season.

Danny has started the Celtics transformation with Perkins trade.  The process should continue this off season.  Now, if he can put some pieces together, it will get interesting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we beat the Miami Heat? That's what the Celtics are thinking this summer. : But I thought that you have your money on the Mavs beating Miami?  Look, you need a team to beat Miami.  Boston right now has a number of holes. In 2008, besides the facts you quoted, Boston had scoring ability at 1.  Plus a better bench.  Those were the big differences.  That is why I will not be surprised if Danny trades Rondo this off season. Danny has started the Celtics transformation with Perkins trade.  The process should continue this off season.  Now, if he can put some pieces together, it will get interesting.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

A PG who still struggles with confidence issues after 5 years in this league must be demoted.... or replaced at long last.

Its not fair to the team or to Rondo to expect him to lead this team as composed to #18.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]21st, You make great points but with the benefit of some effective players to complement the big three in that series the Celtics could have easily have won. You think the Celtics who won three out of four this same season could not compete with the heat if not healthy literally overnight and with a full complement of players. Shaq was gone and Marquis was out for the year.  We need better players certainly this year and the big 3 need to play significantly less minutes.  Wade and Lebron are souped up sports cars but they are not unbeatable. We played with a one armed Rondo and a bench that was not deeper than seven men.  The Celtics know that cannot go on any longer.  How good they will be I have no idea but they will be good.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

The Celtics won 3 out of 4 regular season games versus the Heat in the regular season, but it's different in the playoffs. Just look at the finals, if what you're saying is true then the Mavs should have no problem beating the Heat because the Heat never beat the Mavs in the regular season. As of tonight the Heat are leading the series 2-1 against the Mavs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

concord

Even with effective complementary players it would still be Pierce, Ray, and KG in the game with 5 minutes remaining in the 4th. Complementary players will give the Big 3 more rest but they will not carry the Celtics to a championship. 

Sections
Shortcuts