how do you guys feel about brandon roy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

how do you guys feel about brandon roy?

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2011/05/canzano_asking_blazers_brandon.html

he may be available. i liked him before all the surgeries.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: how do you guys feel about brandon roy?

I think he is done I love this guys heart but I think his legs are gone. bone on bone

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Reliable sources in Portland say that his knees are done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: how do you guys feel about brandon roy?:
    [QUOTE]I think he is done I love this guys heart but I think his legs are gone. bone on bone
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Agreed: the guy has skills, but there's nothing left of his knees

He's just another old player.  The Celtics need young, reliable players, not more guys who you have to hope can stay healthy

Only if the asking price is extremely low

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

The Celtics are already an old team, why would you want to add more injured players?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

He's done and would have been really really good. Bad luck / medical staff. I want no part of him. His knees are a mess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

if he's a free agent for whatever reason, absolutely you kick on those tires, not his knees for god sakes. but yeah, u give it a shot. he's still oung, has the desire of a dragon. we would only need 10 to 15 minutes per game. if mcgrady can come back from 2 microfractures, oden can come back , stoudemire from both eye and microfracture surgery and dont forget.... mr. grant hill. had someone told you about him way back would you bough his stock? there are certain guys you take a flyer on. dont put all you eggs there but you kick those tires.  mcgrady, grant hill or even roy could have helped us this year!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]if he's a free agent for whatever reason, absolutely you kick on those tires, not his knees for god sakes. but yeah, u give it a shot. he's still oung, has the desire of a dragon. we would only need 10 to 15 minutes per game. if mcgrady can come back from 2 microfractures, oden can come back , stoudemire from both eye and microfracture surgery and dont forget.... mr. grant hill. had someone told you about him way back would you bough his stock? there are certain guys you take a flyer on. dont put all you eggs there but you kick those tires.  mcgrady, grant hill or even roy could have helped us this year!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Coming back from microfracture surgery is different from having "arthritic knee".

The Oregonian's Jason Quick reports that Roy will avoid surgery, but has been diagnosed with "arthritic knee," which will require the guard to take anti-inflammatory medicine daily, will cause pain so long as Roy runs and jumps using his left leg, and means, effectively, that the Roy who swept into the NBA into 2006 is no longer the Roy under Blazer employ. The less-explosive Roy seen this season is the new Roy, and from Quick's telling there appears to be little chance the old one will ever be able to return.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenSlime. Show GreenSlime's posts

they shoot horses, don't they

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ac3boogi3. Show Ac3boogi3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: how do you guys feel about brandon roy? : Agreed: the guy has skills, but there's nothing left of his knees He's just another old player.  The Celtics need young, reliable players, not more guys who you have to hope can stay healthy Only if the asking price is extremely low
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

he's not old but his knees are, he's only 26....i think he would be good off the bench...if portland lets him go he still gets his 70mi over 4 years, in other words we could get him for cheap.....low risk high reward..in my opinon

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

What is the reward if he can not jump and run?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Too expensive, too injured.  Pass.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinggeorges. Show kinggeorges's posts

FORGET ABOUT IT! WE NEED OTHER PLAYERS. LET'S GET AVERY BRADLEY INTO THE SCHEME OF THINGS.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

He doesn't done just yet to me..?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNx47azoBGc If we can get him on the cheap, may along with Oden, this is intriguing..
    this guy is a stud. With him at the point, pushing West and Rondo to become better..wow..i say, we have a year to gamble anyways. Get some youth along with these two, and we may not need to go after Howard. Better yet, he may want to come here with the talent level...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ac3boogi3. Show Ac3boogi3's posts

[QUOTE]What is the reward if he can not jump and run?
    Posted by larry1717[/QUOTE]

came back too soon...let him rest n rehab the summer...im sure everyone had the same to say about mcgrady...hes not the same but at lease he can play decent ball 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: how do you guys feel about brandon roy? : came back too soon...let him rest n rehab the summer...im sure everyone had the same to say about mcgrady...hes not the same but at lease he can play decent ball 
    Posted by Ac3boogi3[/QUOTE]

T-Mac had an injury that required a lot of surgeries. 

Brandon Roy has this:

Something like that greatly affects the life of an ordinary human being. Expecting Brandon Roy to play decent ball with that kind of condition is not realistic.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenSlime. Show GreenSlime's posts

"came back too soon...let him rest n rehab the summer...im sure everyone had the same to say about mcgrady...hes not the same but at lease he can play decent ball"

"Decent basketball" and a couple of bucks will get you a cup of coffee. The Cs are looking for another championship which requires more than just "decent" players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ac3boogi3. Show Ac3boogi3's posts

we shall see thats all we can say...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Love his heart, hate his knees. I watched alot of his games this year, and he'll never be the same as '07 roy. It's just not happening.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

Roy was my favorite guy the year he came out and I about cried when we got Telfair and may have had a chance at Roy.  But his luck, and Portland's luck with injuries (Walton, Bowie, Oden, Roy) makes the Babe Ruth curse look small.  The main effect his knees would have on the C's is that they make the Trailblazers more likely to resign Oden and hope for healing.  The C's may like to entice Oden with a promise of Russell's coaching if the Blazers do not go after him agressively. All that extra money in Portland will go somewhere. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

It's unfortunate that he's had such bad luck with his knees. He's a great talent with the knees of an old man, much like mine @50 after 3 past knee surgeries. Roy can still be a productive player, but his days of dominating games are most likely over. He'd be a good pick up with a salary of under 5 mil per season. He's still got game. Who knows, he may come back a little stronger than we expect him too. I do believe he has a heart of a lion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

his knees are crisp and his head isn't right.  this guy has been a dope for years- refused to stand around for the national anthem before games.  nobody in portland has had the sack to confront him about WHY he does it.  you know, if the country is that bad, go play in iran or something.

hard to respect a guy who can't respect the country that made him a multi-millionaire.  jerk.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]if he's a free agent for whatever reason, absolutely you kick on those tires, not his knees for god sakes. but yeah, u give it a shot. he's still oung, has the desire of a dragon. we would only need 10 to 15 minutes per game. if mcgrady can come back from 2 microfractures, oden can come back , stoudemire from both eye and microfracture surgery and dont forget.... mr. grant hill. had someone told you about him way back would you bough his stock? there are certain guys you take a flyer on. dont put all you eggs there but you kick those tires.  mcgrady, grant hill or even roy could have helped us this year!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I've said this abou Andrew Bynum and there's no reason it wouldn't apply here:

Knees do not get healthier over time... if Roy was just about cooked this year, then he's over the hill by next year, 2013 the latest