How do you want K.G.,Pierce and Ray to hang it up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

How do you want K.G.,Pierce and Ray to hang it up?

I would like them to stay on mid-levels and move from reduced roles to the coaching staff.

Ray- shooting coach/ asst offensive coach
    Pierce- guard-forward coach/ assistant defensive coach
    K.G.- big man coach/ asst defensive coach

A beautiful and graceful transition.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: How do you want K.G.,Pierce and Ray to hang it up?

No thoughts by anyone?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Ray goes off into the sunset and does commentating or something. 

KG will coach or just do his own thing.

Pierce will coach or find a way to be an assistant GM/coach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Joint press conference in Boston, regardless of where they end up next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to How do you want K.G.,Pierce and Ray to hang it up?:
    [QUOTE]I would like them to stay on mid-levels and move from reduced roles to the coaching staff. Ray- shooting coach/ asst offensive coach Pierce- guard-forward coach/ assistant defensive coach K.G.- big man coach/ asst defensive coach A beautiful and graceful transition.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Nice idea DaCeltics.
    1. banner 18
    2. reduced minutes/some bench play the following years to help integrate new players
    3.Keeping the other core guys..RR AV GS BB+ which would be an important step in 2 above.

Finish career here in Boston if they wanted to.

As admirable as your transition proposal is, I doubt that all three would opt for a coaching job. It would be pretty rare for a HOF'r (TH ,KMH excepted). One or more of them might stay involved in team somehow.

I would love to see them all retire here as I believe that their value is higher for the Celtics... staying rather than some back door deal to get an unknown. Face it at this point..they ARE the Celtics and will be a big part till they all are gone.umbuntu.

You can be sure that whatever their capacity here in Boston is that it will be a 100% effort. No quitting in these guys!

Good post!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: How do you want K.G.,Pierce and Ray to hang it up?:
    [QUOTE]No thoughts by anyone?
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]
    The thoughts are not one of them will be a assistant coach on the Celtics or any other team.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm with Concord.  I don't see "coach" in any of their personalities.  KG is a loner and private person with good investments over the years.  I see him going off to private family time and paying attention to his very interesting non-basbetball related affairs.

I see Pierce as wanting more attention.  Can't speculate on what he'd as having the greatest chance of staying around the Celtics but not as coach.  Maybe in admin or scouting.  I see him like Hondo or Sam Jones or others still connected but not employed as directly as coach.

Ray is the most well spoken and well liked.  He's analytical and understands people.  I see Ray as a popular announcer in some location.  However, given his family situation, I'm not sure I see him as a national announcer in the beginning.   He'll try to spend time with his family - especially given a son with Type 1 diabetes (and if you know anything about that condition - you need constant monitoring and training).

But, we're all just speculating.  The best ending is for them to win number 18, first!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

I want KG to play two more years at center. Resign him for big bucks becasue he earns it. I want Paul tp play it out just like he is. I want Ray to stay next year and be our sixth man. I want to add one big guy, like Green to the team and call it good until the boys call it good on their own terms. 

I want to look up on the rafters and see their number up there five years from now. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i would hope they could go after winning banner #18.....but realistically i would hope for them to be coaches here no doubt.....i believe ray and KG would make terriffic coaches..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird---Mercer---Allen. Show Bird---Mercer---Allen's posts

Ray will retire when he hits 3 point shot 3001...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

The assistants Doc has now will be ready for their own head coaching gigs like his previous assistants. So it's possible.

Pierce, Ray and K.G. have been coaching for years. You just don't know it. 

Sections
Shortcuts