how does a professional basketball team score only 11 pts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: how does a professional basketball team score only 11 pts?

In Response to how does a professional basketball team score only 11 pts?:
    [QUOTE]i can make 11 pts BY MY SELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by 0kdude12000[/QUOTE]

Suit up okdude.

You're  playing PG.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Ask yourself this question. How does a fan ask such a strange question ?

I don't care how good a team is, bad nights happen. Quarters and nights when no matter whats thrown at the hoop, the ball just doesn't go in. Logically the Celts should never lose to a team like the Wizards, but yes it does happen. Just accept it and go on with life as you know it. The end product is whats important, a sixty win season with home court advantage throughout the playoffs,and hopefully another shot at an NBA Title. 

Hetchinspete 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

You keep shooting long jump shots even after it is obvious your legs are tired and you're missing everything.  you're playing your 5th string center and have a limited inside presence so your options are limited.  you give a bad team the idea they could win and they really start playing like it is game 7 of the finals as it is one of if not the biggest win of their whole year.  You're really not that focused on the Wizards, who actually have some decent players - and when they start banking in desperation 3 point shots at the end of the shot clock, it just isn't your night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: how does a professional basketball team score only 11 pts?:
    [QUOTE]You keep shooting long jump shots even after it is obvious your legs are tired and you're missing everything.  you're playing your 5th string center and have a limited inside presence so your options are limited.  you give a bad team the idea they could win and they really start playing like it is game 7 of the finals as it is one of if not the biggest win of their whole year.  You're really not that focused on the Wizards, who actually have some decent players - and when they start banking in desperation 3 point shots at the end of the shot clock, it just isn't your night.
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much it.....although they did try to go inside.  They didn't just shoot long jumpers - its just the inside game wasn't working either.....Semih missed a bunch of layups, KG and BBD missed one each, Ray missed a dunk - so they went inside and couldn't make plays there, either.  

Just not your night.  It happens to every team.   Hell, on the SAME NIGHT, the league leading Spurs scored 12 points in the first quarter and 11 pts in the 3rd quarter, 72 points overall, and get beat by 26 points!   It happens to everyone at some point!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sure you could!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

And how many FTs did the C's miss last night? 

If people are going to use poor FG percentage as an excuse, then it's fair to use FTs, too.   They s***ed from the line last night. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BloodRunsGreen. Show BloodRunsGreen's posts

During an 82 game season, a night like this WILL happen.  I'd be more surprised if it didn't.

I remember a game at New Jersey back during the original "Big Three" era (Bird, McHale, Parrish) when the Celtics only managed either 7 or 9 points (I can't remember exactly) during one quarter in a losing effort on the road.

All the great teams have an off quarter or two and WILL lose some games.  It's all part of the ebb and flow of such a loooooooong season.

--Blood

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I can score at least 11 points myself also if I'm shooting in my back yard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

I can score at least 11 points on an 8' rim (with authority)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

At all levels of play, jr. hi. through pros , it is a problem many time to have a great start, they just relax and think they have it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PogiAko. Show PogiAko's posts

I'm confused, our Celtics plays great against good teams. But if we play against weak teams, they also play weak. We almost lost to the Pistons and now we lost against the Wizards. 

Maybe they get overconfident each time they play weaker teams

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

It is a long season and not like they only play on Sundays or the starters only plays in every 4th game or so.  Not to knock the other sports too much, but hoops is a marathon of a regular season.  Any team can beat any team on any given night, it's only a real issue when you start dropping 7 out of 10 games and that losing slide starts to stick.  See LA and Miami for a reference point. 

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts