How does Doc come back and coach the Celtics?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

How does Doc come back and coach the Celtics?

From a PR standpoint he's all done. What are the young guys going to think in the locker room.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: How does Doc come back and coach the Celtics?

the young guys don't care.  Anybody who cares about doc will be gone By that time.  Anybody left will just care about solidifying their position in the nba.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

the young guys don't care.  Anybody who cares about doc will be gone By that time.  Anybody left will just care about solidifying their position in the nba.

Is it doc,kg and, terry/lee for

Jordan butler and 14 #1

?????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I have to say he's toast in Boston! One thing I've learned over the years of watching HC's in Boston sports if you in any way decide too burn your bridge you will be villified on the way out. With doc telling the Clips not to trade an intrical piece to the puzzle he showed that his allegience was to the clippers and not the team that was presently paying his fat @#$! Good luck Doc with that Radio/TV gig.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I have to say he's toast in Boston! One thing I've learned over the years of watching HC's in Boston sports if you in any way decide too burn your bridge you will be villified on the way out. With doc telling the Clips not to trade an intrical piece to the puzzle he showed that his allegience was to the clippers and not the team that was presently paying his fat @#$! Good luck Doc with that Radio/TV gig.

Agree.  If he doesn't coach the Clippers next season I don't see him returning to Boston.  He already announced that he doesn't want to coach the Celtics.  It just wouldn't work out for him if he returned. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

I'm really disheartened.  I like Doc, thinks he's a good coach, and would have liked to see him coach here for as long as he and Danny wanted.  The way this is shaking out is an embarrassment, and I find it really sad for all involved.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

He doesn't. He created this mess from what I see. And actually, I am fine with him leaving, or being gone or traded or whatever the case ends up being. His time as the Cs coach has come to a close. I just wish he would at least announce that he is done as a Celtics coach. It only seems right since they helped resurrect and make his coaching career. Anyways, I am hoping a deal gets done so the Cs can start the youth movement........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Why go to LA when he could probably coach at Miami if the Heat lose the series.

Perhaps there are comparable players that would be very productive and two draft choices this year and next. Then move Rondo for a quality young player and you're on your way to an entertaining team. Get a good coach and you are back in business.

Doc is a good coach--not a great coach--there may be someone out there that doesn't have to  coach vets like KG and PP along with Rondo, that can start from scratch. There will be a trade--no doubt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Why go to LA when he could probably coach at Miami if the Heat lose the series.

Perhaps there are comparable players that would be very productive and two draft choices this year and next. Then move Rondo for a quality young player and you're on your way to an entertaining team. Get a good coach and you are back in business.

Doc is a good coach--not a great coach--there may be someone out there that doesn't have to  coach vets like KG and PP along with Rondo, that can start from scratch. There will be a trade--no doubt.

You bring up a great point.  Doc seems to a be a frontrunner now.  Unfortunately we may have to wait to Thursday and keep these discussions going. Then the Clippers might really cave.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc is low class to go public on his intentions and force DA's hand.

It weakens DA's position to negotiate a deal when its public Doc doesnt want to stay in Boston. Its bad enough hes a greatly over rated coach, now hes submarining the very organization that brought him more wealth and notoriety.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I like Doc as a coach and he seems like a straight shooter, which is a trait that I admire.  I don't care what anyone says, Doc is a good coach, and he has the kind of personality where you always know where you stand.  Players respond to that or they sit. 

But I have to say that this whole "trading the coach" fiasco has made me think less of him, almost like he's a championship hunter like Phil Jackson.  If DA wants to rebuild -- and in my opinion he should -- then Doc should accept it or resign and revist his coaching options at a later date.  The no-compete clause is the only thing DA has for leverage against the Clips.  If Doc doesn't want to rebuild, which is ok with me, and if he wants to coach the Clippers, then just step back and let DA do what he has to do as a GM and get the best deal for his team. 

This whole situation looks bad.  Doc for leaving, the Clips for obviously tampering, and DA for trying to save face to get the best compensation he can for his coach and for KG, a guy who will only play for Doc.  They all look like mercenaries and back door dealers. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I like Doc as a coach and he seems like a straight shooter, which is a trait that I admire.  I don't care what anyone says, Doc is a good coach, and he has the kind of personality where you always know where you stand.  Players respond to that or they sit. 

But I have to say that this whole "trading the coach" fiasco has made me think less of him, almost like he's a championship hunter like Phil Jackson.  If DA wants to rebuild -- and in my opinion he should -- then Doc should accept it or resign and revist his coaching options at a later date.  The no-compete clause is the only thing DA has for leverage against the Clips.  If Doc doesn't want to rebuild, which is ok with me, and if he wants to coach the Clippers, then just step back and let DA do what he has to do as a GM and get the best deal for his team. 

This whole situation looks bad.  Doc for leaving, the Clips for obviously tampering, and DA for trying to save face to get the best compensation he can for his coach and for KG, a guy who will only play for Doc.  They all look like mercenaries and back door dealers. 

Having difficulty understanding how DOc can be both of the statements in bold up above

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Let me modify -- have you ever heard him sugarcoat or enable?  I haven't.  He tells you what he feels, about the refs, a player's performance, etc.  It is my opinion as a guy who watches sports and observes from afar that Doc tells it how it is, and you can either like it or not as a fan, player, etc.  I am separating that from his inability to make a decision about whether he wants to be in Boston or L.A., and the bloom is off the rose a bit since he's been cryptic about his intentions for a month.  But that doesn't mean he's not a good coach here for a long time, which was the point.  It's at the end of his time here that he's lost some of us.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

It weakens DA's position to negotiate a deal when its public Doc doesnt want to stay in Boston. Its bad enough hes a greatly over rated coach, now hes submarining the very organization that brought him more wealth and notoriety.

He's submarining the very GM who dropped a certain tempermental PG into his lap and told him to make the best of what was an impossibly complicated situation.

Do you think doc at his next stop will tamper with that same PG, trying to lure him away from the Cs at the 1st opportunity?

Not in your F-N lifetime.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

He don't. Doc's done.
    If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

I don't believe that Doc and DA haven't been talking, that Doc didn't express a willingness/preference to coach certain teams, and let Danny use that leverage to get something back in exchange.  That would explain everything, except the fact that leaks are the standard MO in the 24-hr. news cycle and that torpedoed everything and the situation blew up in their faces.  I don't think anyone left anyone out to dry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Number6Fan's comment:

I don't believe that Doc and DA haven't been talking, that Doc didn't express a willingness/preference to coach certain teams, and let Danny use that leverage to get something back in exchange.  That would explain everything, except the fact that leaks are the standard MO in the 24-hr. news cycle and that torpedoed everything and the situation blew up in their faces.  I don't think anyone left anyone out to dry.

I guess its possible  that doc and DA are too naive to know about leaks and to be able to head them off to avoid disasterous PR results.

It possible that this is their very first rodeo and that neither is very savvy. 

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I agree. How could you come back to the organization that you undermined in a trade. That is profound. The guy is a traitor

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Danny should trade Doc to New Orleans for Austin

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

Danny should trade Doc to New Orleans for Austin

And Danny (Old buy high.... sell low) Ainge should sweeten the deal by going with doc.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

well Doc does hold the cards as they say right now.

he has a contract and he can come back and do a half assed coaching job next year and hope that Ainge fires him.

Ainge and the owners right now seem to be in a box.

MAYBE Doc will do the honerable thing and resign (taking his no compete clause to the broadcast booth) but if he DOES want to coach next year he can't quit.

ugly either way for the Celtics now.

Move Pierce on draft day for a pick or two to a team with the cap space for his deal.

draft PBA with any picks we have.

call up KG after the draft and ask him if he still wnats to play and tell him the best deal you can work ouit to whoever....if he doesn't want to go there, tell him see at camp!!

Call Doc and tell him to be ready to coah the Summer league tema this year (as he needs to learn how to coach young players)...Hang up then and wait for his press conference about him "retiring".

wait for KG to do the same

use any cap space to sign BPA left

find a couch who can coach young kids for a year or two.

rid yourself of Bad contracts (Bass, Terry, Crawford) over the next year or two.

move on

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

[QUOTE]

He's submarining the very GM who dropped a certain tempermental PG into his lap and told him to make the best of what was an impossibly complicated situation.

Do you think doc at his next stop will tamper with that same PG, trying to lure him away from the Cs at the 1st opportunity?

Not in your F-N lifetime.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Your obsession with Rondo is quite something!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I'm starting to think that Doc can only coach when he has a star studded team. He was probably the one insisting to the Clippers not to give up Bledsoe and/or a #1 pick. Doc wanted KG, then would've wanted PP.

No he's in no-mans land because he doesn't want Ainge to blow it up. He would have KG, Rondo, Green. The Celtics roster was as good as if not better than the Clippers roster.

So why was Doc so hesitant to come back to Boston? Did he know Ainge would trade PP? Is he tired of coaching Rondo?

Sections
Shortcuts