How does Krystic match up with the Heat....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

How does Krystic match up with the Heat....

I'm asking....he got very few meaningful minutes against the Knicks but he gets more practise this week...does his game not translate well in the playoffs? Is he not tough enough?  Is his offence overshadowed by his defensive liabilities?....the minutes so far say "yes"..but could he see a slightly bigger role against the Heat?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Re: How does Krystic match up with the Heat....

In Response to How does Krystic match up with the Heat....:
    [QUOTE]I'm asking....he got very few meaningful minutes against the Knicks but he gets more practise this week...does his game not translate well in the playoffs? Is he not tough enough?  Is his offence overshadowed by his defensive liabilities?....the minutes so far say "yes"..but could he see a slightly bigger role against the Heat?
    Posted by mountainmonkey[/QUOTE]

I think they should use him a little more than they do. Give him atleast for now 12 to 18 minutes.....he is good at off rebounding and he has the ability to score under the basket. RIGHT NOW I would ask him just to go for the offensive rebounds

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Playoffs are funny. A guy may not play in one series, and be a big contributor the next. I think we will see a bit more of him in the next one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think this will be a big series for J/O Kg and Krystic as we will go inside.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

In Response to Re: How does Krystic match up with the Heat....:
    [QUOTE]I think this will be a big series for J/O Kg and Krystic as we will go inside.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]I was thinking that way too....he has some game and he has fouls to give...a little playoffs bang 'em intensity would help....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

if you watch the Heat they are explosive off the missed outside shot. Put pressure on Wade and James helping out down low keeps them out of transition and make them risk fouls with a shallow bench.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Turiaf is a big baby height player w/ a mean streak who tbangs w/ people under the rim.

Not Krstic's game

Ilgauskas meanwhile, at 7'3" TOWERS over Baby and likes to shoot jumpers.

hmmmm

Big Z has been a useful player in the first rd. 15 minutes, 6 points, 5 reb's, 58% from the field. 15 mins of Krstic on him sounds about right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Krstic is the third string center. He will play if Shaq does not play, or if the other centers get in foul trouble. Since he weighs less than KG, Krstic can offer little resistance on defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Starting C Joel Anthony meanwhile is 6'9" and barely shoots at all. He's more of a defender who mixes it up. He's been getting 29 mins in the postseason.

Look for say JON (20) and Baby (9) to take on Anthony.

rounding out the frontcourt:

Bosh plays 43 minutes and LeBron is now the backup PF and he plays 9-10 mins there... the loss of Haslem hurts in the for of 10 mins mins for Bosh/LBJ per game, another 10-12 more mins of Z/Anthony then they'd like and a few more mins of Jones or miller @ SF.

So you throw KG at Bosh for 32-33 mins and JON at him for 11-12 mins. Then you split those LeBron PF mins between Baby/KG and maybe even Green... w/ is working.

The point is they can't get around our superior defense and match-ups forever.

Big Z is udeful for being tall and a shooter... Krstic is 7' and does everything he does slightly better... KG is 7' and obv would torch him

Anthony is useful as a brusier/defender... but Baby and JON can both be tossed at him and are better.

bosh is not yet a better player than KG. In equal mins (which they won't play, KG stying mid 30's) KG a better defender than Bosh a scorer and a batter scorer than Bosh a defender.

LeBron makes a team fast and scary on offense when he plays PF. But when he does we will do two things:

A. Throw KG/Baby/Green all it him... mixing up the types of defenders. Green has his quickness, KG more length and veteran savvy, Baby the wider body and ability to take charges others shy away from.

B. Go to Paul when he is now guarded by Miller or Jones and assume the captain will blow up on them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Kristic has been a mess and DOc has him on an extremely short leash.

Started with his defensive problems... then his offense started melting away too.. going up soft in the middle... settling for that 7 foot jumper when one dribble later coulda dunked it, developing Perkings-like hands..

HEs playing nervous and soft. His game has gone downhill & I think DOcs quick trigger on pulling him off the court has made Kristic even more fragile.

A new start against the HEat hopefully gets his game on track. We need him to contribute. Playing against Anthony (who doesnt have much of an offensive game) could help as long as he keeps him off the boards.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Amen

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I think that Krstic showed clear signs of improvement in the last 2 games. Add to that 2-3 full practices before Sunday (I think Mia will win today) and, he will be good for 8-10 minutes, especially considering the opposition: Anthony and Howard. He can even cover Z at times, considering Z's mobility or rather lack thereof.

AK

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Krstic matches up well with Ilgauskas. They are both long and are more of finesse players than bangers. I don't think Krstic can effectively match up with Joel Anthony or Chris Bosh who are more physical.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Krstic matches up well with Ilgauskas. They are both long and are more of finesse players than bangers. I don't think Krstic can effectively match up with Joel Anthony or Chris Bosh who are more physical.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

KG has always owned Bosh but I think Bosh has started to step up and I think KG has slowed ever so slightly - should be a great matchup.

Anthony is very athletic, he fits in very nicely with their help and team defense.  He won't score much but he also won't back down from anyone either.

I see Krstic only playing in 2 of 3 situations and two of them aren't good unfortunately....

-1- J O is hurt again

-2- the Cs are being blown out

-3- the Heat are being blown out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think he plays in the first half - if he does well, play him in second half - if not, sit him............Murphy may play a little if Shaq is hurt......also look for (sorry Rame) Green to play a little PF if Bosh is out.

Of course, if Shaq plays, then we should still play Krstic a little, if he does well, it's a bonus

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think that in this series kristic can give us servicible minutes vs Z.  Don't kid yourself about Z being soft though.  In spots he can and does bang and get some offensive rebounds.  He just doesn't have the condition to do it very long/much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I think Z will cancel out Krstic (and vice versa). If Shaq plays, his minutes will fall anyway.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I think this will be a big series for J/O Kg and Krystic as we will go inside."

Agreed. My belief is that they are going to see if they can hold off on using Shaq as long as possible, at least for any real minutes. So I expect that JO/Krystic will be asked to see if they can deliver. I like how JO is playing better but we'll see.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maverick685. Show maverick685's posts

[QUOTE]Krstic matches up well with Ilgauskas. They are both long and are more of finesse players than bangers. I don't think Krstic can effectively match up with Joel Anthony or Chris Bosh who are more physical.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

Lets not get out of touch with reality, Bosh is not physical.  He would rather stay on the perimeter and wants nothing to do with KG, JO, or Shaq.  Baby he can shoot over, but that's about it.  I'm not sure Bosh would know what the paint is if it wasn't for a few dunks when he's being guarded by a 5 footer or this play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KeULR14tVE , which will make him remember forever.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to How does Krystic match up with the Heat....:
    [QUOTE]I'm asking....he got very few meaningful minutes against the Knicks but he gets more practise this week...does his game not translate well in the playoffs? Is he not tough enough?  Is his offence overshadowed by his defensive liabilities?....the minutes so far say "yes"..but could he see a slightly bigger role against the Heat?
    Posted by mountainmonkey[/QUOTE]

Hopefully he doesn't... I think he's better than the Heat's Ilgauskas in the bench matchups, but if we see him more than that, I'm going to assume the series isn't going well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

One of the things about Kristic is he can nail an open 15 ft jumper-so it does keep defenses a little more honest.  Perk has a very limited offensive repertoire-which on occasion combined with Rondo (when teams are laying off of him) can allow opposing defenses to pack it in down low or double up on the Big 3.  He allows the C's to run a different offensive scheme and give them a different look. 

Actually before he got hurt I was surprised at his ability to defend and board (which he was never known for)-hopefully he will show more of that.  I guess having Garnett barking at you will get anybody moving.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

He'll play if Shaq is still injured. I also think Krstic matches about well against Big Z. He'll also be used if the J.O or Shaq get into foul trouble, assuming Shaq plays of course. 
        He may also backup Rondo as the 2nd string point guard if Rondo gets into foul trouble. He's Boston's secret weapon as a backup pg. Everybody thinks he's tall and slow, but he can actually handle the ball and run the floor like Magic Johnson. That's the inside scoop that I've heard.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Ha-ha-ha.
    2 funny things on this thread: Krstic can play PG and Bosh is physical.

AK

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Krystic 240 lbs.

Krystic is a tweener. He is tall enough to play center but weights less than many power forwards. He has offensive skills but he is too slow to guard power forwards and too light to guard centers.

Krystic was a throw in with the Perk trade. He is alright as a third string, just in case Center.

Sections
Shortcuts