How Far Will the Celtics Go?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: How Far Will the Celtics Go?

In Response to Re: How Far Will the Celtics Go?:
    In Response to Re: How Far Will the Celtics Go? : Where've you been lately, hedley? Out of the shadows to launch another personal attack, I see. Way to live up to those expectations.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

Way to continually stray off topic
    AND live up to expectations - look at McMuli-task!!

Celtics still the team to beat in the East.  Going to the Finals Rondowski!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

How many times have you posted today? How many times have you posted a comment personally attacking me? 

Anyone with two eyes knows where the stalking lies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We could get to the finals without Shaq & JON. But let me say that I hate the Lakers---1st 21 years in Maine but last 45 in SF Bay area. Am a fan of Bay Area teams especially vs LA as rivalry like Boston vs. NY but roots run deep so a Boston fan first even when they play SF teams.

We ain't gonna beat LA w/o Shaq and hopefully JON. They have the best players under the paint, Gasol, Bynum & Odom---I recall Charles Barkley saying during 1/2 time of an NCAA game that, having one star only, he'd rather have a better player under the basket than a perimeter shooter. The Bulls with Rose are the only team, in addition to us, without a strong presence under the bet. Look at how competitive the Magic are with Howard in the paint and they really don't have any other superstars.  

We can only make it if we shoot 50+because in most games we get out rebounded. Case in point & hate to open old wounds but Lakers shot a pathetic 32% and Kobe only 6 for 24 or 25% in Game 7 and yup I know, disparity in foul shots, but we got out rebounded (wouldn't have happened had Perk not gotten injured) & as bad as their shooting % was, they continued to get extra shots.

Lakers are 14-1 since allstar break. I feel they are the team to beat but unless we can fairly compete under the basket, it ain't gonna happen.

I want to be positive and not a fair weather fan and I do realize all teams have
    bumps in the road  /slumps and we, in fact did at this time last year, were able to turn it on in the playoffs. But there still is something good called momentum and the Lakers have it. Can they hit a slump & get knocked out of the playoffs---wouldn't that be nice. But I'd rather go in with a winning streak.

PS...apparently from a coach(paisano too) who knew something about winning & it seems didn't believe in bumps in the road and slumps, here's a couple of   quotes from Lombardi that could apply to the unimportance or importance of our team not winning now:

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

" If you can accept losing, you can't win."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

26 out of 53 voters think the Celts will go to the finals.

Lets push this vote count up to the 70's and get a truly representative sample. 
    Of course you must realize that may of the votes by naysayers are duplicate votes by haters who have multiple user-names.  I have two user names, so I only voted twice - both times for going all the way.

Vote early and often, we want to know who the doomsayers are and (aprox) how may there are amongst us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

I,  hereby cast my vote for the Celtics to go all the way to win the Championship.

It is my extreme honor to support Mr. Rondowski (my alter ego) in his effort to put the Nay Sayers, the Negative Nellies, and the Doom & Gloomers in their place.

My vote made it an even 50% of the voters think the Celts will go to the finals. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I, Rayman7, aka, RajonRondowski, hereby cast my vote for the Celtics to go all the way to win the Championship. It is my extreme honor to support Mr. Rondowski (my alter ego) in his effort to put the Nay Sayers, the Negative Nellies, and the Doom & Gloomers in their place. My vote made it an even 50% of the voters think the Celts will go to the finals. 
    Posted by rayman7

After 160+ posts, it turns out that 'ski and rayman are the very same poster.

Confession is good for the soul... particularly after you two have been outed, sucking up to Dottie.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Once we get out of this funk we are the toughest out in the NBA.  The health of Shaq and Jon loom and are the source of the funk we are in.

They come back and can play we are back on everyone's radar striking fear throughout the league.

If the O'Neal's can't play well the funk will continue. It is that simple.  No blue skies here just fact.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan4life. Show celtfan4life's posts

With or without Shaq? With Shaq and everyone else healthy they'll get as far as the NBA lets them, we're still the team to beat.  It doesn't matter what seed we are, a healthy vet laden team beats everyone.
    Posted by wozzy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan4life. Show celtfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: How Far Will the Celtics Go? :
    Posted by celtfan4life

I think they can go far with a Healthy Shaq but without him they seem lost on defense, Chicago will bring to bangers to the boards, and we dont have them!. and where is KGs passion at?? he is the heart of that team!!! and i see NO barking at team to get it together!!!! Doc doesnt have set lineup yet!! unless they are playing possum with us!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: How Far Will the Celtics Go? : I think they can go far with a Healthy Shaq but without him they seem lost on defense, Chicago will bring to bangers to the boards, and we dont have them!. and where is KGs passion at?? he is the heart of that team!!! and i see NO barking at team to get it together!!!! Doc doesnt have set lineup yet!! unless they are playing possum with us!

Posted by celtfan4life

-

The Celtics need your votes:  vote early and often.

Playing possum, no, but cruising a little, yes.

We're all about the playoffs now, getting our bigs back and getting the new guys on the same page of the playbook as the others.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

we needn't think the Cs wouldn't exagerate their woes.

you're doing good work here, rajonski.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Thanks bp, I'm trying, and it's showing.

A little opossum here a little cruise-control there, and a lot of tired and grumpy old men.

Shuffling towards the playoffs.

-

We got to get this vote count up into the 70's.

Right now, 30 of us think the Celts will go to the finals, and 31 are naysayers.

Don't let the naysayers prevail. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Com'on on now, nay-sayers, doomsday advocates, put your money where your mouth is.  No back-tracking now. I expect to see a lot of votes for the C's bowing out early in the playoffs, according to you bandwagon jumpers. Don't Be afraid to put your money where your mouth is, or was. We know who you are, and we know where to find you. Vote, or hold your piece. Either way, we know who your are.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

So, what's in it for you?  What if they don't go far in the playoffs?  What will you offer up as collateral?  What's your threat to be aimed at the tunnel-visioned believers in this team? 

Somewhere between the myopic, ignorant fans who think this team is the only one in the NBA, and the fans who "jump ship", lies reality.  But those of us who are reasonably knowledgeable about this game, and who are still supporters of this franchise, get sucked into the jet-engine of despair that threads like this one create.  Just because we doubt that this team can win it all doesn't mean we've given up.  But seriously, RR, the C's are in big time trouble if they don't get Shaq back.  As in, they'll go out in the second round.  Jeff Greene's offense does not make up for Perk's defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: How Far Will the Celtics Go? : So, what's in it for you?  What if they don't go far in the playoffs?  What will you offer up as collateral?  What's your threat to be aimed at the tunnel-visioned believers in this team?  Somewhere between the myopic, ignorant fans who think this team is the only one in the NBA, and the fans who "jump ship", lies reality.  But those of us who are reasonably knowledgeable about this game, and who are still supporters of this franchise, get sucked into the jet-engine of despair that threads like this one create.  Just because we doubt that this team can win it all doesn't mean we've given up.  But seriously, RR, the C's are in big time trouble if they don't get Shaq back.  As in, they'll go out in the second round.  Jeff Greene's offense does not make up for Perk's defense.

Posted by soups

-

Thanks for sharing, Soups.

I'll take it that you haven't been around much lately and so don't understand why this thread was created, or else you misunderstand the thread.  This thread does not create despair, but seeks to counteract the panic so prevalent last week on this board.

But I don't feel like explaining it for the umpteenth time.

I'm only one of the things you mentioned in your post, "reasonably knowledgeable about this game."

Still, I admire your turn of phrase, "sucked into the jet-engine of despair" :  that's a damn fine turn of phrase.  But, please, show me where I advocate for despair.

Again, thanks for sharing.  I hope you feel better.

Go Celts!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: How Far Will the Celtics Go? : So, what's in it for you?  What if they don't go far in the playoffs?  What will you offer up as collateral?  What's your threat to be aimed at the tunnel-visioned believers in this team?  Somewhere between the myopic, ignorant fans who think this team is the only one in the NBA, and the fans who "jump ship", lies reality.  But those of us who are reasonably knowledgeable about this game, and who are still supporters of this franchise, get sucked into the jet-engine of despair that threads like this one create.  Just because we doubt that this team can win it all doesn't mean we've given up.  But seriously, RR, the C's are in big time trouble if they don't get Shaq back.  As in, they'll go out in the second round.  Jeff Greene's offense does not make up for Perk's defense.
    Posted by soups

Well put, soups. Nice to see someone standing up for their personal opinions rather than let themselves be bullied into those of another.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

It's only one game, but a big one, and I hope it reminds the naysayers of what I've been saying:  when it comes to playoff basketball, the team you've seen losing lately will be unrecognizable compared to the team you'll see in the playoffs.

Go Celts.

Vote early and often:  especially you trolls.  LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Let's not stall out at 62 votes people.  Let's push the vote count up well over 70 and the more naysayers we get and trolls, with their multiplbe personalities and votes, the better:   come play of time, we can run another poll to compare.

Vote early and often, Naysayers, Trolls and True Believers.

Sections
Shortcuts