How Far Will the Celtics Go?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

How Far Will the Celtics Go?

OK, naysayers, doomsday advocates, put your money where your mouth is:  how far will the C's go in the playoffs?

Remember this date:  the date you jumped ship. 

And remember this: we know who you are and we know where to find you.

-

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: How Far Will the Celtics Go?

Com'on on now, nay-sayers, doomsday advocates, put your money where your mouth is.  No back-tracking now.

I expect to see a lot of votes for the C's bowing out early in the playoffs, according to you bandwagon jumpers.

Don't Be afraid to put your money where your mouth is, or was.

We know who you are, and we know where to find you.

Vote, or hold your piece.

Either way, we know who your are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

What are you, the self-appointed Celtics mafia?  I respect those who choose to remain optimistic, but I'm sorry to say that your incessant chest-thumping is a bit tiresome.

I predict a 1st or 2nd round exit, but of course I'd love it, absolutely love it, if the team proves me wrong and throws it all in my face.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Out in the second round.
    Does that make me any less of a fan?
    Grow up, man!

Hope I'm wrong with my "pred" by the way...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: How Far Will the Celtics Go?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Far Will the Celtics Go? : - * Yes, that make you less than a fan:  that makes you an EIO.  Let me explain. A Fan is like a member of the team, and team-mates cannot afford to think negative.  If you go into a series expecting to be eliminated, then you probably will be eliminated. This is what separates winners from losers. This is a good example of why Fans disdain EIO's. Fans see themselves as part of the team, and EIO's simply have an emotional investment in observing the team when the team is going strong because it makes them feel good about themselves or sommething like that having to do with their self-esteem.  When the teams is struggling, EIO's panic and give up, abandon ship and concede defeat. A Fan never does that, for a Fan understands the destructive power of negative thinking on a team of any kind. That's it in a nutshell.  Sorry.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

I went to 10 home games during the season the Cs lost 18 in a row. I was fan then and I'm a fan now. Sorry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]

In Response to Re: How Far Will the Celtics Go? : I went to 10 home games during the season the Cs lost 18 in a row. I was fan then and I'm a fan now. Sorry.

Posted by basketbert
    [/QUOTE]

-

Ok, if that make you a fan in your eyes then so be it.   To me it's more about attitude and supporting the team.

But we have a lot more votes to collect on this poll to guage where we think the C's are going.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Only ten doom & gloomers voted so far?

There are more of you non-believers out there, aren't there?

Cast your vote and be heard.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    We will go until we play the Bulls. And then we will lose.

Posted by Kirk6
    [/QUOTE]

-

I like a man with a strong opinion and the courage of his convictions.

I think the Bulls lack of play of experience will bite them and they may have peaked too early.

Right now the C's could hardly beat their way out of a paper bag, but I expect that to change by the playoffs.

Keep them votes coming.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

il make it simple.

Celtics play good to great, they WIN against anyone. if they play poorly, they lose to anyone.

I don't see this team of warriors and veterans taking it easy when it counts so count me in to the Championship believers category.

Green 18. I still see it through smoke and debris.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Predictions are such a waste of time. No one can predict who will make through the playoffs, let alone identify the winner. The only thing that can be predicted is the fact that a few Boston fans will identify every conceivable conspiracy theory and lame excuse if Boston doesn't win it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

personally I still think we've got what it takes to go all the way, but you shouldn't think less of anyone who genuinely believes that we won't make it that far.

I was disappointed last year when we slipped to 4th, because I knew we would beat orlando so I wanted to play them in the second round to get the team geared up to play cleveland. turns out the order didn't matter.

I also wanted to play the lakers in the finals because I thought we matched up well with them. just shows that you've got to be careful what you wish for

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

all the way to the title

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

With or without Shaq?

With Shaq and everyone else healthy they'll get as far as the NBA lets them, we're still the team to beat.  It doesn't matter what seed we are, a healthy vet laden team beats everyone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Right now we got 21 Board Members who have certified themselves as BandWagonJumpers whether they agree with that denomination or not.

I love to see the votes pile up against the Celtics because if and when they prove the BanWagonJumpers wrong it will be that much sweeter for those of us who try to ride out the bumps and bruises, the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune and continue to support our team while being well aware of the challenges they face.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

The East is pretty weak. Bulls are too inexperienced. Miami is not deep enough. If the O'neals can comeback and can contribute in the playoffs you have a decent chance to make it back to the finals. That being said if the Lakers are healthy and have HCA again this year I think the Lakers will win in 6 games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

We're getting some good turn-out today.

20 out of 39 voters think the C's can go all the way to the finals.  Not bad. 

Let's push this poll up to the 60+ voters just for fun and see where the C's stand with fans on this board.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Anything less than another banner is utter failure.

The toughest out will likely be whoever we play in the ECF and I imagine it will be the Bulls. I still think were better than the Bulls they are peaking right now and will slow down. 

I think some of us at the end of the day forget how good of a coach Doc is and how good these players are. Oh yeah Ray is a one trick pony? Yeah greatest one trick pony of all time. The guy is obviously showing fatigue and I hope after this Spurs game he gets an off night. Pierce obviously has the off and on switch but when the switch is on and hes pushing himself hes deadly. KG not taking shots at the end of the game? Are you serious? We have Pierce, Allen, and Rondo who is usually running the show. I am totally fine with any of them taking the last show.

I hate how people on this board post like were the worst team in the league. We are 3-0 to the Heat, 2-1 to the Bulls, and dropped only 1 to the Magic as well. You expect me to believe that were just magically crap? Pierce, and KG were laughing after last nights game post game. 

These guys don't care about losing to the pathetic Pacers. It is worrisome that were dropping them as its whats going on right now but bigger picture it doesn't matter.

They have shown in the past and this year they are a deadly efficent team on both sides of the ball. Unless one of the big four go down I expect us to make it to the Finals.

Banner 18 or bust  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

That's the thing about us Boston sports fans.  The mentality is if we are not playing well, then we must magically $uck.  We are so passionate about our teams that we lose perspective very, very easily.  I say this affectionately about our fan base because I find myself saying things I don't mean all the time when my Celtics lose - especially when it's part of a frustrating slump.  I've also lived in Buffalo and Seattle, and trust me, it is not like that in either of those places.  Those 4 straight years the Bills lost the Super Bowl... we were all just thrilled to see them get that far.  When the Seahawks lost in the second round, it wasn't that painful because we never expected them to get there.  (1st 7-9 team to win a playoff series, baby!)  In Boston, it is all the way or no way, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

But at times like these, perspective is everything, and I greatly appreciate yours!

We have great records against the teams that matter the most: the Heat, Bulls, Magic...  Even Philadelphia and New York, our most likely 1st round opponents.  We've split the season series with the Lakers and we are guaranteed at least a Split with the Spurs.

We're definitely not crap, even though it feels like it because we should never be losing to inferior teams.  But if the Big 4 are subconsiously on cruise control so they'll have it in them to dominate the playoffs like we know they should, and we get Banner 18 to show for it, we'll look back on this low point and say it was worth it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

I'm a Boston fan and since we are the best fans in the Country, it is imperative that we support and BELIEVE our team can win. If you lose that, there really is no point in calling yourself a Boston Fan. Ok -- realististically, we are going to have our hands full, but all the teams we may face we have beaten and if we play to our potential, we will beat them again! Plain and simple.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Far Will the Celtics Go? : - * Yes, that make you less than a fan:  that makes you an EIO.  Let me explain. A Fan is like a member of the team, and team-mates cannot afford to think negative.  If you go into a series expecting to be eliminated, then you probably will be eliminated. This is what separates winners from losers. This is a good example of why Fans disdain EIO's. Fans see themselves as part of the team, and EIO's simply have an emotional investment in observing the team when the team is going strong because it makes them feel good about themselves or sommething like that having to do with their self-esteem.  When the teams is struggling, EIO's panic and give up, abandon ship and concede defeat. A Fan never does that, for a Fan understands the destructive power of negative thinking on a team of any kind. That's it in a nutshell.  Sorry.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]
    The most active poster in the now-defunct "Tainted Championship" thread is now trying to define who a real "fan" is. This is great.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Careful, Rondowski, Flobus is stalking you now.  Make sure you save all your posts because he'll bring up insignificant things you said today in 2012, when we are all crying becuase there's no hoop!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    Careful, Rondowski, Flobus is stalking you now.  Make sure you save all your posts because he'll bring up insignificant things you said today in 2012, when we are all crying becuase there's no hoop!

Posted by hedleylamarr
    [/QUOTE]

-  

Thanks, Hedy, Flubus has been on Ignore for almost as long as he's been here.  I don't engage with trolls if I can help it.

I see 24 out of 46 voters saying we are going to the finals.  So far, that' a clear majority.

Stay positive, stay strong, Celtics will go far in the playoffs, maybe even win it all.  I think they will.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Let's see - Play Shaq at the beginning of the season to get familiar with the other players.  Let him rest for most of the season and be ready for the post season. 

Wasn't that the plan going into the season?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Careful, Rondowski, Flobus is stalking you now.  Make sure you save all your posts because he'll bring up insignificant things you said today in 2012, when we are all crying becuase there's no hoop!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Where've you been lately, hedley? Out of the shadows to launch another personal attack, I see.

Way to live up to those expectations.

Sections
Shortcuts