How good can Avery Bradley be?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

How good can Avery Bradley be?

AB is starting to become an offensive force on this team. I'm starting to believe that what we saw of him tonight is going to become the norm for him.  His jumper looks great and he is taking it to the goal and finishing a lot better than last year. We need a good big a lot more than we need a shooting guard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: How good can Avery Bradley be?

AB has been performing very consistently ever since he was moved to 2.  He is only being
    asked to do what he is comfortable doing so he has found his groove.  And he is comfortable doing quite a bit: defense, rebounding and now, open jump shots.  That is quite a bit.  The Celts don't have a problem at 2.  AB needs to improve his drives to the basket a bit and needs to shoot better off the dribble.  That will make him an excellent player.

The Celts will pay and keep him in teh off season.  I see Jordan Crawford heading somewhere else.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

stop being crazy. Jordan Crawford is playing out of his mind right now. What happens when he cools off and comes back down to earth?

Rondo + Bradley are our back court surrounded by three range shooters. Thats why they're giving Sullly the green light, to see if he can turn into a Kevin Love LITE

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

AB has been performing very consistently ever since he was moved to 2.  He is only being
    asked to do what he is comfortable doing so he has found his groove.  And he is comfortable doing quite a bit: defense, rebounding and now, open jump shots.  That is quite a bit.  The Celts don't have a problem at 2.  AB needs to improve his drives to the basket a bit and needs to shoot better off the dribble.  That will make him an excellent player.

The Celts will pay and keep him in teh off season.  I see Jordan Crawford heading somewhere else.

What if a team will offer the Celtics a top 5 pick, in the 2014 Draft, for Rondo?

I am happy with what Jordan Crawford has done.  But you can see that he is not a point guard.  Towards the end of the game today, he was a little out of sorts trying to create.  I believe that Crawford and Lee are the two players that have the best chance of getting traded this year.  I think that JC will get traded because after the kind of money Brandon Jennings got, paying JC next year will be fools gold.  On the other hand, a contender that is near the salary cap (Golden State) may want him this year and be willing to pay him next year.  Just that Golden State doesn't have much to give back.

I see Danny drafting project bigs in 2014 draft and letting Brad Stevens develop them.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

AB is starting to become an offensive force on this team. I'm starting to believe that what we saw of him tonight is going to become the norm for him.  His jumper looks great and he is taking it to the goal and finishing a lot better than last year. We need a good big a lot more than we need a shooting guard.

He reminds me of a young Joe Dumars if he keeps shooting the ball well.

What I like about AB is he has a good attitude, very mature for his age.

If the Celts are going to keep Avery Bradley and Jordan Crawford, I don't think the Celts can afford Rondo.

I strongly believe a PG who is not a 3-point shooter will not thrive in Stevens' system.

Sure we can keep all 3, but who plays in the last 5 minutes of the 4th qtr?

Rondo and AB?

Rondo and JC?

It's definitely not going to be JC and AB as that will not sit well with Rondo.

When we won a championship in 2008, it was either Eddie House or Sam Cassell playing in the last 5 minutes of the 4th qtr.

And that's Brad's dilemma in a nutshell.

Do you play to win or do you play to keep Rondo happy?

Its also the most compelling reason that Rondo must go.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

I am happy with what Jordan Crawford has done.  But you can see that he is not a point guard.  Towards the end of the game today, he was a little out of sorts trying to create.  I believe that Crawford and Lee are the two players that have the best chance of getting traded this year.  I think that JC will get traded because after the kind of money Brandon Jennings got, paying JC next year will be fools gold.  On the other hand, a contender that is near the salary cap (Golden State) may want him this year and be willing to pay him next year.  Just that Golden State doesn't have much to give back.

I see Danny drafting project bigs in 2014 draft and letting Brad Stevens develop them.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Just remember me when Rondo in Brad Stevens' system doesn't work out.

Yes, I hear you.  But I don't have that fear.  I think that the Celts will be better with Rondo running the show as opposed to JC.

Aside, if they don't trade JC this year, I think that they will let him walk the next year.  Right now Lee, Faverani and Brooks for Asik looks like a good trade to me from the Celtics point of view.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If the Celts are going to keep Avery Bradley and Jordan Crawford, I don't think the Celts can afford Rondo.

I strongly believe a PG who is not a 3-point shooter will not thrive in Stevens' system.

Rondo and AB?

Rondo and JC?

When we won a championship in 2008, it was either Eddie House or Sam Cassell playing in the last 5 minutes of the 4th qtr.

If someone would have said he reminds them of a young Dumars 2 years ago we would have all laughed at them. Now it doesn't sound so far fetched.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Rondo and AB?

Rondo and JC?

If someone would have said he reminds them of a young Dumars 2 years ago we would have all laughed at them. Now it doesn't sound so far fetched.

looks like we need a young isiah thomas. jc reminds of vinnie johnson.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

As long as the Brad doesn't try to make AB a combo guard it seems he has the skills to become a consistent 2 guard.  He is just not a 1, and when he's put in that role the rest of his game suffers.  AB may be bit undersized  for the 2, but not drastically.  

This team has some interesting decisions to make with regard to AB, Crawford and Rondo.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Rondo is the only super star the Celtics have and if you trade him, what other super stars are going to want to come play with Green, Crawford, Bradley, Sully, Olynyk, Fav, and the rest of the get along gang?  

BTW, what stars are breaking their necks to get to Cleveland to play with Irving? All these combo guards that are flash in the pans on bottom feeder teams will continue to to be mediocre due to no other stars to go with them.  Same with Wall.  Who wants to go to DC to play with him?

I think Danny makes trades and drafts good players to surround RR.  The Celtics are not that far off.  Need a decent center, back up point, and consistency from JG, Sully, Fav, and KO.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

You would think so, as there are so many boston fans left over from the bird era.  And we're the demographic that actually pays for league pass.

On the other hand, it could be that celtics fans are so loyal that the league doesn't feel the need to prop up the team.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

If AB continues to play well, the Cs might be forced to match an offer since Ainge declined his option for next season. Since the Cs don't look like a lock for a top-10 pick, matching an offer would hurt their flexability in the FA market.

Or Ainge can trade him now...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

We need to see how Rondo and Avery play now, Crawford with his outside shot works well with AB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I lile the way he rebounds.  He skies for them...very aggressively.  The defense is consistently outstanding.  He doesn't take things for granted or take possessions off.  Offense is the easiest thing for an NBA guy to tune; these are the greatest offensive players in the world.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

stop being crazy. Jordan Crawford is playing out of his mind right now. What happens when he cools off and comes back down to earth?

Rondo + Bradley are our back court surrounded by three range shooters. Thats why they're giving Sullly the green light, to see if he can turn into a Kevin Love LITE

Here's the thing, whether JC is playing out of his mind or not, teams will always defend JC at the 3-point line.

With Rondo, the opposing guard will sag off and let Rondo shoot from beyond the arc all night.

I'm not saying that JC is a better PG than Rondo.

Rondo is just not a good fit in Stevens' system.

But if you don't believe me then we'll just have to wait until Rondo returns.

Just remember me when what I said tonight will come true.

geesh we need to get you working for Danny Ainge ASAP to let him know this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts