How Good Is Andrew Wiggins??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waltham781. Show Waltham781's posts

How Good Is Andrew Wiggins??

I dont follow college ball all that much...I know 2014 is supposed to be a deep draft and this guy is the projected #1.  I was talking to a guy at work and was referring to Wiggins as "the next Lebron". I doubt thats fair, or accurate. Who in the NBA is he compairable to??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: How Good Is Andrew Wiggins??

He plays like him (Lebron) actually..I would say better ball handler, not as strong as Lebron..but still strong..I think he has more finese to his game than Lebron..no clown like Lebron. Seems to be more mature for his age..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

he is a highschooler going to college now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

They say he is the best high schooler since Lebron.  He was actually from teh class of 2014 and recently re-classified to graduate in 2013.  He was instantly teh top player in 2013 even though he is younger than everyone else.  He is that good.

That being said, there are more prized recruits.  Any of Julius Randle, Aaron Gordon, and Jabari  Parker would have been #1 in the class if tehy were 2012 or 2014.  The 2013 high school graduating class is a historically good class and all 4 of those guys would be sure fire 1 and done and #1 pick in teh NBA draft worthy players if they didnt all happen to be in the same class.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

He is as athletic as Lebron was, but smaller.  Wiggins is 6' 6" but may grow. He definately doesn't have the court vision Lebron has and that is one of the things that makes LBJ so special.   

IMO he looks to have a slippery game like Kobe more so than the bruising game that Lebron displays.  And he can HANG in the air like Kobe used to.

This is one of my favorite Wiggins tapes, because it shows some of his flaws as well as his talent.  It also has alot of some other young guys like Noel, Sarik, and Adams (looking particularly uncoordinated.

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=Babylon&hsimp=yhs-002&type=br112dm25ts83&p=Andrew%20Wiggins

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

He is listed as 6'8" in most draft sites now.  He looks like he is a better outside shooter than LeBron when he was in high school, his stroke is a lot smoother IMO.  Obviously, he is very athletic and can run and jump really well.  You can never tell, Gerald Green looked really great at one point also.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

After 1 year at Kansas, we will all know how good he really is.  Celts fan will watch a lot more NCAA games next season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Maybe he'll decide to play another year.

j/k

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Too bad most of the highlights are dunks... 

Another HS kid they makin a big deal out of but I didnt notice anything superhuman about him.. Fine, he can dunk... but his body is thin, real thin.. and its just hard to tell when ur playing against HS kids...

I agree with the poster about watching his first year at Kansas and see how he grows .... if hes so good right now, why not a jump right to the NBA like Lebron??  I doubt hes ready for the NBA,,,,                                                                            

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Is it legal for high schoolers to go right to the pros now?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

It would be shock if he wasn't a great NBA player.

I went to North Carolina and he reminds me of Vince Carter (who was one of my classmates), except Wiggins is a better dribbler - more smooth.  Vinsanity was a junior when he went pro and Wiggins seems to be more advanced as an incoming frosh, than Carter was after his junior season.  Another comparison would be Dominque Wilkins.  For those who think that I am underrating Wiggins, Carter and Wilkins are two of the top 27 scorers in NBA History. 

Comparisons to LeBron are false.  He does not have the power game of LeBron, does not have LeBron's court vision and doesn't have LeBron's passing ability.  Then again, who has EVER been similar to LeBron in those categories?

If the Celtics trade Rondo, tank and then end up with Wiggins, then all Celtics fans should rejoice - he is that good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

They changed the rule shortly after LeBron turned pro, 19 is the minimum age for entering NBA draft.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Reminds me of TMac when he was with the Raptors...Wiggins isn't ready for the League yet. Still a boy. If he can retain his incredible athleticism and grow into his body and get stronger, he should be a perennial AllStar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

he is incredibly good.  he can also pass and play defense.  he has a chance to be a really good nba player.  i cant wait to see him in college and the nba.  i'd love to see him rebound and pass a lot more because he has the potential to make his team better by doing things other than scoring like mad which he does very naturally...oh yeah, and he crosses over like a 6-8 Allen Iverson

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Take a look at Wiggins. Sure it's against HSers but the talent is there and it will only flourish against better competition. His ball handling skills are AMAZING! A young TMAC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLsK-ZoL9sY

Sections
Shortcuts