How hurt is Pierce?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: How hurt is Pierce?

injury update article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4693665/shootaround-cs-not-thinking-about-injuries

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: How hurt is Pierce?:
    I find it amusing how the wheelchair incident, where he claims he heard a pop, can cloud the judgements of people when it comes to a 13-14 year career. This is a guy who didn't miss a start when he was stabbed a dozen times... played through many injuries and did fine.  have a hard time remembering any stetch where he played through injuries and played poorly. He sat out much of the 2nd half of the tanking '07 seaosn with an elbow that was continously filling with fluid... but was still getting 22-23 a game when he played. Other than that one season this is a player who as averaged like 5-6 missed games a year...  9 seasons of 79+ games and 2 of his seasons were lockour shortened
    Posted by rameakap

Thank you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I find it amusing how the wheelchair incident, where he claims he heard a pop, can cloud the judgements of people when it comes to a 13-14 year career. This is a guy who didn't miss a start when he was stabbed a dozen times... played through many injuries and did fine.  have a hard time remembering any stetch where he played through injuries and played poorly. He sat out much of the 2nd half of the tanking '07 seaosn with an elbow that was continously filling with fluid... but was still getting 22-23 a game when he played. Other than that one season this is a player who as averaged like 5-6 missed games a year...  9 seasons of 79+ games and 2 of his seasons were lockour shortened
    Posted by rameakap

Dramatic like the diaper on the head, after a lose to the Pacers. He was stabbed in the off season, he didn't have to miss a start, and he claimed to be injured at the start of this season, are you telling me you think he played well?

I didn't say he missed a lot of games, i said he didn't handle playing with injuries well!!  It's not all bad, at least you're amused!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

They should seriously consider sitting Pierce out for game 3. Let that knee heal some more. It won't do that injury any good to keep playing every other day. Bring him back for game 4.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

They should seriously consider sitting Pierce out for game 3. Let that knee heal some more. It won't do that injury any good to keep playing every other day. Bring him back for game 4.
    Posted by mbrann

This is what I was thinking all game 2... if we win sit PP in game 3... no way he or Doc do it now

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

It's a gamble. I'd rather sit PP for game 3 and then have him somewhat healthy for game 4 and beyond. Otherwise the injury will just never get a chance to heal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc should have tried sitting PP in game 2.  Playing at home and with the team at a deficit from injury has led to a lot of wins this year.  Regarding the article about how they will try to use PP differently tonight may either help him as a passer and facilitator.  If he is ineffective Doc should pull him and get on with the game.

PP is a tough player who has been as durable as you can be over his career. Just the fact he recovered from a near death experience of almost being murdered tells you need to know.  He can take pain and while he may want attention for it he is still off the charts as a gamer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I don't think an extra couple of days off is going to make a huge difference sadly. By the eyeball test he isn't right. Speculating how hurt a player is a waste of time, which is why I left it at "he is not right". Neither are Bradley, Ray or Steamer but of them all PP's being impaired probably diminishes the C's more than any other player on the roster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: How hurt is Pierce? : what? Thats a load of crap... an MCL sprain is less painful but more damaging to your abilities than floating bone spurs or a dislocated shoulder... he has played through pain many times ove rhis career... pathetic
    Posted by rameakap

Ramekap, I guess you didn't know KYjelly was a troll.  He hates Paul Pierce and always has.  He waits for him to have a bad game and jumps  right in.  He would rather the Celtics lose and Pierce have a bad game than for the Celtics to win and Pierce have a good game.  It makes him sick that he is better than Ray Allen. Pathetic so called Celtic fan. PP has still played pretty good defense while we have watched guys just fly by Ray for layups.  KY is a troll just a different type.  He is still my puppet,  I pull his strings and he will dance the night away.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: How hurt is Pierce? : McHale did play on a broken foot in 86/87, and pretty much finished his career  by doing so. Never played at the same level he did prior to his injury again. Hate to imagine the concoction of painkillers he took before each game, as they wouldn't have been too healthy for him either. Props to McHale for playing, but it really was an insane thing to do.
    Posted by Skins and Heart

Nice to see you back Ruworthy,  that is you isn't it?  You have been missed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: How hurt is Pierce? :  I agree with your last sentence. He has played with pain many times over his career, and in most of those games he has played pathetic!!  Like i said he doesn't handle playing hurt well. He's also a bit over dramatic about how bad his injuries are!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Hey puppet,  why does he make the all star team each year by the coaches selection?  hmmm.  Shows you BB IQ doesn't it.  Why is he the leading scorer every year?  MVP of championship series as well.  Go crawl in a hole puppet until I get ready to school you some more.   I am out of here again as I am sick of posters like you but I will be lurking to correct your idiotic posts some more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Send him to my Lakers.  He would fit in nicely here.  We need someone with some heart. 
    Go Lakers!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: How hurt is Pierce? :  Dramatic like the diaper on the head, after a lose to the Pacers. He was stabbed in the off season, he didn't have to miss a start, and he claimed to be injured at the start of this season, are you telling me you think he played well?  I didn't say he missed a lot of games, i said he didn't handle playing with injuries well!!  It's not all bad, at least you're amused!!
    Posted by kyceltic

The bandage on the head was immaturity

The poor playe early this year was beiung out of shape

and he almost DIED like 1 month before the season started.... if he wasn't wearing a leather coat OR if Battie was a normal sized person who couldn't carry him through a crowded bar to the corner of the block, he would have DIED

your bullsh!t is shameful of a fan of the Green, and wrong

way to play through it for the 24-10 double double tonight Paul!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: How hurt is Pierce? : Hey puppet,  why does he make the all star team each year by the coaches selection?  hmmm.  Shows you BB IQ doesn't it.  Why is he the leading scorer every year?  MVP of championship series as well.  Go crawl in a hole puppet until I get ready to school you some more.   I am out of here again as I am sick of posters like you but I will be lurking to correct your idiotic posts some more.
    Posted by OneOnOne

yeah pretty easy to school KY when it comes to his ignorance on Pierce, although I wouldn't go so far as to call him a troll, his blatent dislike of the best Celtic since Bird is shocking and idiotic...

...guess he will crawl into a hole now that Paul played hurt and had an incredible game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

In Response to Re: How hurt is Pierce? : Nice to see you back Ruworthy,  that is you isn't it?  You have been missed.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Yep, glad to be back :)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

In Response to Re: How hurt is Pierce? : It's nice to have some beauty in this testosterone filled sausage fest. Welcome back.
    Posted by Kirk6

LOL, that bought a scary mental image to mind Kirk!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: How hurt is Pierce? : The bandage on the head was immaturity The poor playe early this year was beiung out of shape and he almost DIED like 1 month before the season started.... if he wasn't wearing a leather coat OR if Battie was a normal sized person who couldn't carry him through a crowded bar to the corner of the block, he would have DIED your bullsh!t is shameful of a fan of the Green, and wrong way to play through it for the 24-10 double double tonight Paul!
    Posted by rameakap

He proved my point, i didn't say he couldn't play, i said he didn't play well when he was  hurt. he was feeling better last night, so he played some what better, in a game that KG and Rondo put away early. I wouldn't call 6 for 17 great, maybe you would. If our 2 best players Kg and Rondo keep playing like they played last night, and Pierce returns to pre injury form, i could see us in the finals!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: How hurt is Pierce? :  He proved my point, i didn't say he couldn't play, i said he didn't play well when he was  hurt. he was feeling better last night, so he played some what better, in a game that KG and Rondo put away early. I wouldn't call 6 for 17 great, maybe you would. If our 2 best players Kg and Rondo keep playing like they played last night, and Pierce returns to pre injury form, i could see us in the finals!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Haha, as soon as I typed that the game was great, knowing his shooting was still a little off and not the 40%+ we expect of PP, I knew the turd in the punch bowl would nit-pick

Sections
Shortcuts