HOW is that PERK trade working out now for OKC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

HOW is that PERK trade working out now for OKC

Wow. What a horrible loss tonight for OKC. UP 15 with under 5 to go. I never saw Perk play the entire 4th or OT. Good trade by Cs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: HOW is that PERK trade working out now for OKC

Only boston thought jerkins could play......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

perky seems like he only fit in the celtics system.
    i can promise you that dallas would have defended differently if a center with a jump shot (kristic) was in there.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: HOW is that PERK trade working out now for OKC:
    [QUOTE]perky seems like he only fit in the celtics system. i can promise you that dallas would have defended differently if a center with a jump shot (kristic) was in there.
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]

I posted something similar earlier today that Perk doesnt translate well in the OKC system. They signed him way too fast and I think theyll regret it especially for the much $$

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

I felt bad watching the dude play. Couldn't get up or down the floor. Can't jump. Not that he was an athletic player in the first place, but Ainge was right on his health and the riskiness of giving a player with no knees a huge extension. Getting a 24 year old stud for the future makes the deal even better, because perk was definitely overvalued by presti.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I felt bad watching the dude play. Couldn't get up or down the floor. Can't jump. Not that he was an athletic player in the first place, but Ainge was right on his health and the riskiness of giving a player with no knees a huge extension. Getting a 24 year old stud for the future makes the deal even better, because perk was definitely overvalued by presti.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]there we go.. green will be a STUD! has every upside possibility. this is as good as perk is ever going to be. as they say, if ur not getting better, ur really declining. there is no upside to perky, even when he jumps. he's erick dampier with a better growl, rep and scowl. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

lets face facts however. what Perk can bring to the table is not needed against a team like Dallas. However, if it was the Lakers, Heat, Celts, Magic or Bulls OKC was playing, Perk setting picks, giving up the body along with 5 hard fouls, protecting the rim, etc are a nice commodity to have. Granted, at $10 mil per, I too am glad that the Celts passed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Perk is obsolete and OKC has him on a wonderful retirement program. My guess is they already know they made a huge mistake with Perk. Funny enough they have so much talent on that roster they will be OK.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

I wouldnt go blaming perkins for  yesterdays loss. Face it guys the perkins move was a bad move by the celtics. Perkins made the celtics much better and they would probably still be in the playoffs if the still had him.

OKlahoma is just a mess teamwise. that oklahoma point guard is too immature yes he makes shots but he is a one man team and he is just not talented enough like lebron james or wade to make it happen by himself.

He is a ball hog and until he learns how to get everybody else invoved he is never going to amount to anything. Meaning his team isnt going to go anywhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldnt go blaming perkins for  yesterdays loss. Face it guys the perkins move was a bad move by the celtics. Perkins made the celtics much better and they would probably still be in the playoffs if the still had him. OKlahoma is just a mess teamwise. that oklahoma point guard is too immature yes he makes shots but he is a one man team and he is just not talented enough like lebron james or wade to make it happen by himself. He is a ball hog and until he learns how to get everybody else invoved he is never going to amount to anything. Meaning his team isnt going to go anywhere.
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]

I agree that Westbrook needs to get his teammates more involved.  He has definitely hurt his team during the playoffs.  Not sure what adjustments they will make in the next game, if any. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

It's time to lay the whole Perk thing to bed. The past is the past and just diverts your attention to the future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldnt go blaming perkins for  yesterdays loss. Face it guys the perkins move was a bad move by the celtics. Perkins made the celtics much better and they would probably still be in the playoffs if the still had him. OKlahoma is just a mess teamwise. that oklahoma point guard is too immature yes he makes shots but he is a one man team and he is just not talented enough like lebron james or wade to make it happen by himself. He is a ball hog and until he learns how to get everybody else invoved he is never going to amount to anything. Meaning his team isnt going to go anywhere.
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]

Nobody is blaming Perk for last nights loss.... the point is that Perk does nothing for that team.  And to your point about making the Celtics much better? I doubt that.... and that the Cs would still be in the playoffs??  I seriously doubt that!! The Celts got beat on speed quickness and endurance by the Heat and Perk has none of those qualities.  Did he give the Cs a toughness level, sure but not much else in my opinion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

[QUOTE]I felt bad watching the dude play. Couldn't get up or down the floor. Can't jump. Not that he was an athletic player in the first place, but Ainge was right on his health and the riskiness of giving a player with no knees a huge extension. Getting a 24 year old stud for the future makes the deal even better, because perk was definitely overvalued by presti.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

Green is no stud thats for sure.  In the short term the Perk trade hurt the C's.  The long term remains to be seen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Well, they're still in the playoffs and your not. Next question.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

Couldn't have said it better.

[QUOTE]lets face facts however. what Perk can bring to the table is not needed against a team like Dallas. However, if it was the Lakers, Heat, Celts, Magic or Bulls OKC was playing, Perk setting picks, giving up the body along with 5 hard fouls, protecting the rim, etc are a nice commodity to have. Granted, at $10 mil per, I too am glad that the Celts passed.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

After this game we should not discuss about Perk ever again. He is a nice locker room guy. We should respect that he gave great effort for us and worked hard for his comeback. But currently he is not even an average center. He is getting emberassed in this series on both (!) ends of the floor.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]perky seems like he only fit in the celtics system. i can promise you that dallas would have defended differently if a center with a jump shot (kristic) was in there.
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]

perkins will fit nowhere right now with the reduced mobility.  except for he would fit in with an arrangement of cement blocks that are as mobile as he is.  OKC just crippled their 5 position with that contract.  10M a year for perkins in the NEW salary cap will be a total disaster.  i think they paid him at least 10M, right?  x 4 years.  holy crapp!!  and just as serge ibaka coming on strong and collison playing circles around perkins for pennies on the dollar.  insane move by OKC.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Well, they're still in the playoffs and your not. Next question.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

idiot, the lakers folded like a cheap tent and didn't even TRY in their last game, forcing philomena jerkson into retirement in the middle of a quagmire of embarrassing dysfunction.  that's the winningest coach ever forced to wolf down a crap sandwich because his clown players couldn't even lose in classy way.  go back to LA and have fantasies about next year

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ya knew once the decline started, Phil would high tail it out of there.

Phil may return to coaching ..he may be waiting for Spolestra to lose this year and step into another sweet spot in Miami.  If not, we prob see the last of Phil.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Perk's future value to OKC is impossible to judge after one postseason, and I'd say the same for Jeff Green here.  I think the real story is that OKC is young and growing and that Dallas team has a lot of veteran experience and depth.  OKC will be back.