HOW is that PERK trade working out now for OKC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Re: HOW is that PERK trade working out now for OKC

In Response to Re: HOW is that PERK trade working out now for OKC:
    Perk's future value to OKC is impossible to judge after one postseason, and I'd say the same for Jeff Green here.  I think the real story is that OKC is young and growing and that Dallas team has a lot of veteran experience and depth.  OKC will be back. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

I'll tell you his future value and that is 10 million that we weren't saddled with. Another monster 0 pts and 8 rebound game and not on the floor when it mattered. Yea, I wish we would've payed for that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kensfarvox. Show kensfarvox's posts

How is that Perk trade working out now for OKC? The same as it worked out for the Celtics. Brooks & Rivers: two coach incapable of making adjustments. Perkins was not in the game in the the 4th quarters of games 4 & 5 and that's when OKC blew their leads. If Perkins was anchoring the defense when it counted, they would still be playing. But for us, the real tragedy is we have a GM who likes moving players like a board game and a coach incapable of integrating new players into his lineup. Don't forget that Leon Powe - a hero of our champion season - didn't crack the lineup until there was an injury. Necessity is the only mother of invention in Doc's mind. Doc had from the all-star break to build a green team 2nd unit and failed. Next season "necessity" may force him to give more players more time. But in the 4th quarters? Expect the same old story.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

There is nothing but upside from the Perk deal with OKC. They got a good player in Green a center that can hold down the position as a back up until we develop or trade for another center and a draft pick that will help us in the future. Maybe Perk is not playing well because he is still not 100% but I believe he won't get any better and is not worth even 8.5 million per year he got for 4 years. OKC probably screwed up any chance they had to add better players and would not be surprised if they end up buying out Perk in the future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: HOW is that PERK trade working out now for OKC : OKC is not in the playoffs because of Perk. Get real Lakersavenger. Does that mean the Bulls are in due to Scalabrine? Next question.
    Posted by antiqueman1

This is the BDC equivalent of stating that Rondo and Perk both have rings.....  Rondo getting in Chris Paul's face saying he has a ring blah blah blah as if it makes Rondo better than Paul..... and somehow suggesting that Perk is 1% of the reason OKC is in the playoffs is an absolute joke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

The realists are evaluating Perk based on watching the games and seeing the numbers. The Perkins fans are evaluating him based on all intangible items. They are also formulating opinions based on reputation and not facts. If you watch the games it is obvious he does not have it. Both Karlost and Dudder are right on this one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I can buy the argument that Perk wasn't himself in the playoffs.  It was obvious at times.  But I'm also the same guy that said mid-season trades can fluck up team chemistry and it might be a lot to ask new guys to learn a new system in an abbreviated timespan.  I said the same thing when Green looked out of sorts. 

To me, Green was and is the best player in that trade -- or at least the player with the most upside.  Perk is what he is, which is a tough inside banger, but even I would admit his skillset is limited and his value lies in other areas. 

To me, there is no clear cut winner in this trade, and it might take time (read: yr. 2 of Perk's return from injury, Green getting more minutes) before an honest assessment can happen.  OKC will get better, and I'd bet Perk will be an important piece to their success.  I can see Green getting lots of PT in the next few years if he's here and filling out the stat sheet quite well.  Not sure he's more than a complementary piece on a real contender though.        

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

maybe you will see the trade in a different light next year when the Lakers are not running the triangle, and D Howard is running the show out west. Watch Perk butt heads with him for 7 games and then tell me he has no value. OKC signed Perk to battle the Lakers Bynum and/or Howard for the next 3-4 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

maybe you will see the trade in a different light next year when the Lakers are not running the triangle, and D Howard is running the show out west. Watch Perk butt heads with him for 7 games and then tell me he has no value. OKC signed Perk to battle the Lakers Bynum and/or Howard for the next 3-4 years.
    Posted by rkarp

That is if Perk can make it up and down the court. His knees are not in the best shape. I am not sure how it will turn out for OKC. Perk might be the least of their worries. I think Westbrook will get shopped. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Only boston thought jerkins could play...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

Aren't you swept up with the rest of the trash?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

OKC did make it to the WCF, the celtics made it how far? Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

OKC did make it to the WCF, the celtics made it how far?
    Posted by Tayshawn

I don't see your point. Who cares how many rounds you made it or did not make it. If you don't win the title then all is the same. Perk was a non-factor. He did not help OKC period. And I seriously doubt he would have helped the Cs get past the Heat. OKC is out as are all other teams but 3.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Krystic Green and  Daft pick is a better deal than a limpy Perkins in cement shoes. Loved the guy for his effort but effort does not equal championships. Thanks for the memories.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: HOW is that PERK trade working out now for OKC : idiot, the lakers folded like a cheap tent and didn't even TRY in their last game, forcing philomena jerkson into retirement in the middle of a quagmire of embarrassing dysfunction.  that's the winningest coach ever forced to wolf down a crap sandwich because his clown players couldn't even lose in classy way.  go back to LA and have fantasies about next year
    Posted by aciemvp

This isn't about the Lakers, this is about the fact that Perkins went further than you guys. He made it to THE CONFERENCE FINALS. The other fact is that no matter how he did with OKC he was still a major piece of the cs, period. He was the starting center for the only championship the cs have had in a quarter century, and he was the starting center in last years finals and you were all saying that if he was there in game 7 you would have won. The last fact is that the cs f***ed up. Personally, I think you guys would still be in it if he was starting against Miami. Major bumbling by the franchise you guys call the smartest. And now, all of a sudden your back on the decline and talking about moving this guy and bringing that guy. You all know the writing is on the wall and will very lucky to even compete next year. Who's gonna start at center for you, the 40 year old Fat Daddy? Or no-defense Kristic? The Lakers will still be in the hunt next year even if they stand pat. But of course we're on the move to get Howard, who actually wants to come here. And if he does, it's all over, we'll  get to 18 very, very soon, cetainly before you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

...stupid arguement for Perk vs the Celtic second and third string players.

I am not sure what Perk has to do with stopping Dirk. Green was auful against Dirk, and Perk does not guard him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: HOW is that PERK trade working out now for OKC : This isn't about the Lakers, this is about the fact that Perkins went further than you guys. He made it to THE CONFERENCE FINALS. The other fact is that no matter how he did with OKC he was still a major piece of the cs, period. He was the starting center for the only championship the cs have had in a quarter century, and he was the starting center in last years finals and you were all saying that if he was there in game 7 you would have won. The last fact is that the cs f***ed up. Personally, I think you guys would still be in it if he was starting against Miami. Major bumbling by the franchise you guys call the smartest. And now, all of a sudden your back on the decline and talking about moving this guy and bringing that guy. You all know the writing is on the wall and will very lucky to even compete next year. Who's gonna start at center for you, the 40 year old Fat Daddy? Or no-defense Kristic? The Lakers will still be in the hunt next year even if they stand pat. But of course we're on the move to get Howard, who actually wants to come here. And if he does, it's all over, we'll  get to 18 very, very soon, cetainly before you.
    Posted by lakersavenger

Brian Scalabrine made it to the conference finals too... I guess that means we made another huge error letting him get away, according to your logic.

As far as your opinion the Lakers will be in the hunt next year...well, youre right, they'll be hunting elephant with a pop gun.   Kobe is going down hill fast and he was way over rated to begin with. Artest has a screw loose and you already got the best from him he'll ever give, the rest is all bad stuff..

Bynum has potential but thats been his middle name his entire career... and what about Pau? He melted in the playoffs and it has to be a great concern how/if he comes back next year.

and if thats not enough, the cherry on top is Phil taking off while the getting is good... You know if the Lakers had a shot at winnin a title next year, Phil would be planted on that bench. We all know Phil wouldnt dare stick around with a weak team....

Lakers will not be relevant next year... as far as contending goes..

Also, never forget... Lakers have 11 titles, not the imaginary ones the teams in Minneapolis won.. I know that bothers Lakers fans not being on the C's level..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: HOW is that PERK trade working out now for OKC : Brian Scalabrine made it to the conference finals too... I guess that means we made another huge error letting him get away, according to your logic. As far as your opinion the Lakers will be in the hunt next year...well, youre right, they'll be hunting elephant with a pop gun.   Kobe is going down hill fast and he was way over rated to begin with. Artest has a screw loose and you already got the best from him he'll ever give, the rest is all bad stuff.. Bynum has potential but thats been his middle name his entire career... and what about Pau? He melted in the playoffs and it has to be a great concern how/if he comes back next year. and if thats not enough, the cherry on top is Phil taking off while the getting is good... You know if the Lakers had a shot at winnin a title next year, Phil would be planted on that bench. We all know Phil wouldnt dare stick around with a weak team.... Lakers will not be relevant next year... as far as contending goes.. Also, never forget... Lakers have 11 titles, not the imaginary ones the teams in Minneapolis won.. I know that bothers Lakers fans not being on the C's level..
    Posted by Karllost

Well put Karl. Lakersavenger just don't have a clue. But that is his victory, to keep claiming Perk got further. Like making it to the conference finals I guess is as good as a title. NO title is no title. Perk did nothing to help OKC. In fact, he road the pine for large stretches, mainly entire 4th quarters. It matters not how far you get, but if you win it all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

stupid

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Good trade by Cs."

Perk was not a good signing for OKC, that's clear now (at the money he was at anyway), but: that does not mean it was a good trade for the Cs. Perk could have stopped the Heat from going to the basket at will. 

How are the Cs better off? Assuming they didn't re-sign Perk in the offseason? All we have to show is Krstic and Green (and a distant draft pick) and there's no guarantee that Green will re-sign or if he does that he will be an impact player. 

Trading Perk ended up costing us our best chance at a title this year. I have news for you: in the next couple years our window has likely closed due to the emergence of the Heat. This was our last year to really catch them. 

I hope I'm wrong about this, but until/unless we get a Dwight Howard type player I don't see how we can compete. 

Again, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm getting really sick of this "Perk played bad for OKC so he wouldn't have helped us" BS.  For one thing, if we hadn't traded Perk we would more than likely have had home court advantage in the Heat series.

Sections
Shortcuts