How is this possible?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

Re: How is this possible?

rico, you make it easier to come out and defend the second best franchise in the NBA. there is nothing wrong with being number two, celtic fans!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible?:
    In Response to Re: How is this possible? : Oh I wish that I was as confident as you, but I am a realist and know better. Go Green GO Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

I grew up in a segregated Deep South, four blocks from the Gulf of Mexico, in Gulfport, Mississippi.  If I believed all the rhetoric about how inferior my people were to other people, I would have never gone to The Ohio State University on scholarship coming from where I'm from.  I've had a career and retirement from Federal civilian service.  Enough history.  I'm realistic enough to know (as I often assert to my students because I now teach) that you can accomplish anything only if you think you can.  Speaking of which, C. W. Longnecker expressed many years ago now, in "You Can If You Think You Can."  "If you think you are beaten, you are.  If you think you dare not, you don't.  If you like to win, but you think you can't, it is almost certain you won't.  If you think you'll lose, you're lost.  For out in this world we find, success begins with a fellow's will.  It's all in the state of mind.  If you think you are outclassed, you are, you've got to think high to rise, you've got to be sure of yourself before you can ever win a prize.  Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man.  But soon or late the man who wins in the man who thinks he can (emphasis added)."

It is my gut feeling that there is not one Celtic in their locker room that believes they cannot win it all.  And there is certainly not one who believes because you are a "realist and know better" that they should throw in the towel when they play Western Conference teams, or any other teams for that matter.  In fact, in Doc's interview after Sunday's game when the reporter asked him about the win giving his team confidence they could beat the best (obviously not verbatim), Doc expressed there was no lack of confidence they could beat any team.

Moreover, in 1968-69, following your thought process, Bill Russell and the Celtics should have just given up in game 7 and let the Lackers drop all those balloons in celebration of their forthcoming win.  After all, the Fakers were the prohibitive favorites and the Celtics only finished 4th in the weak East.  Wouldn't a realist just give in to popular perception and just give up?  Bill Russell did not lack confidence and the Celtics believed they could win.  And you know what, they still do!  And so do their fans!!

As Always,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You two are adorable!  Typing back and forth to each other, trolling with your pants around your ankles. So cute!
    Posted by snakeoil123

How do you know it is not the same guy?   I bet it is. Isn't he clever?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

rico, you make it easier to come out and defend the second best franchise in the NBA. there is nothing wrong with being number two, celtic fans!
    Posted by Onthe405

Thereis not and we Laker fans should be proud to be seocond best. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : Thereis not and we Laker fans should be proud to be seocond best. 
    Posted by RicoLakerfan

True that!

As Always,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : Thank you my friend for all of the props, but trust me, I would trade everything that you just mentioned in for more than 1 championship in 25 years. I mean the Lakers have never had to wait that long for a title, and I wont even repeat my rant about the Lakers back to back titles and 3-peats. Heck, as a Celtic fan is very discouraging to know that even the Houston Rockets have a back to back title in the time it has taken us to win just 1. Sad days for me my friend, very sad.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

True that Snoop although to be fair Boston has not had a marquee franchise player in that time hence they were unable to repeat as champions. When you look at those that repeated player like Magic/Kareem, Jordan/Pippen, Kobe/Shaq etc made it unfair to a degree because those teams got marquee players. Pierce was never a marquee player so when you look at his team's record prior to KG being given away by McHale, you'll see nothing but mediocrity and failure.

Keep up the great posts though Snoop.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

As Always,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : I grew up in a segregated Deep South, four blocks from the Gulf of Mexico, in Gulfport, Mississippi.  If I believed all the rhetoric about how inferior my people were to other people, I would have never gone to The Ohio State University on scholarship coming from where I'm from.  I've had a career and retirement from Federal civilian service.  Enough history.  I'm realistic enough to know (as I often assert to my students because I now teach) that you can accomplish anything only if you think you can.  Speaking of which, C. W. Longnecker expressed many years ago now, in "You Can If You Think You Can."  "If you think you are beaten, you are.  If you think you dare not, you don't.  If you like to win, but you think you can't, it is almost certain you won't.  If you think you'll lose, you're lost.  For out in this world we find, success begins with a fellow's will.  It's all in the state of mind.  If you think you are outclassed, you are, you've got to think high to rise, you've got to be sure of yourself before you can ever win a prize.  Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man.  But soon or late the man who wins in the man who thinks he can (emphasis added) ." It is my gut feeling that there is not one Celtic in their locker room that believes they cannot win it all.  And there is certainly not one who believes because you are a "realist and know better" that they should throw in the towel when they play Western Conference teams, or any other teams for that matter.  In fact, in Doc's interview after Sunday's game when the reporter asked him about the win giving his team confidence they could beat the best (obviously not verbatim), Doc expressed there was no lack of confidence they could beat any team. Moreover, in 1968-69, following your thought process, Bill Russell and the Celtics should have just given up in game 7 and let the Lackers drop all those balloons in celebration of their forthcoming win.  After all, the Fakers were the prohibitive favorites and the Celtics only finished 4th in the weak East.  Wouldn't a realist just give in to popular perception and just give up?  Bill Russell did not lack confidence and the Celtics believed they could win.  And you know what, they still do!  And so do their fans !! As Always,
    Posted by JamLock

Very classy post my friend. Very classy. Maybe Danny can recruit this C. W. Longnecker as an assistant coach to Doc and he can give speeches to the team before their games? I only say this as I am pretty sure that Ubuntu has run its course and the players just dont have faith in that any longer. Thoughts?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How is this possible? : True that Snoop although to be fair Boston has not had a marquee franchise player in that time hence they were unable to repeat as champions. When you look at those that repeated player like Magic/Kareem, Jordan/Pippen, Kobe/Shaq etc made it unfair to a degree because those teams got marquee players. Pierce was never a marquee player so when you look at his team's record prior to KG being given away by McHale, you'll see nothing but mediocrity and failure. Keep up the great posts though Snoop.
    Posted by Elven

Great insight, although I was always under the impression that Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parrish were all marquee players. You are right though, they never could accomplish back to back titles. Magic, Worthy, and Kareem were just far superior. I cried myself to sleep for a solid month after the Lakers beat us in 87'. That was very tough. Magic and that wicked hook shot might as well had been a knife to my heart. Maybe my dear Celtics can someday pull off a tandem like Kobe and Shaq. Those 2 won 3 in a row and were probably the best 1-2 punch the NBA has ever seen. Once again, I can dream.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? :
    In Response to Re: How is this possible? : True that Snoop although to be fair Boston has not had a marquee franchise player in that time hence they were unable to repeat as champions. When you look at those that repeated player like Magic/Kareem, Jordan/Pippen, Kobe/Shaq etc made it unfair to a degree because those teams got marquee players. Pierce was never a marquee player so when you look at his team's record prior to KG being given away by McHale, you'll see nothing but mediocrity and failure. Keep up the great posts though Snoop. Posted by Elven Great insight, although I was always under the impression that Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parrish were all marquee players. You are right though, they never could accomplish back to back titles. Magic, Worthy, and Kareem were just far superior. I cried myself to sleep for a solid month after the Lakers beat us in 87'. That was very tough. Magic and that wicked hook shot might as well had been a knife to my heart. Maybe my dear Celtics can someday pull off a tandem like Kobe and Shaq. Those 2 won 3 in a row and were probably the best 1-2 punch the NBA has ever seen. Once again, I can dream.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? :
    In Response to Re: How is this possible? : True that Snoop although to be fair Boston has not had a marquee franchise player in that time hence they were unable to repeat as champions. When you look at those that repeated player like Magic/Kareem, Jordan/Pippen, Kobe/Shaq etc made it unfair to a degree because those teams got marquee players. Pierce was never a marquee player so when you look at his team's record prior to KG being given away by McHale, you'll see nothing but mediocrity and failure. Keep up the great posts though Snoop. Posted by Elven Great insight, although I was always under the impression that Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parrish were all marquee players. You are right though, they never could accomplish back to back titles. Magic, Worthy, and Kareem were just far superior. I cried myself to sleep for a solid month after the Lakers beat us in 87'. That was very tough. Magic and that wicked hook shot might as well had been a knife to my heart. Maybe my dear Celtics can someday pull off a tandem like Kobe and Shaq. Those 2 won 3 in a row and were probably the best 1-2 punch the NBA has ever seen. Once again, I can dream.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

I do recall Celtic fans telling everyone that Walker/Pierce were equal to Shaq/Kobe as a tandem but a mixture of bad luck/referees/health issues/referees/poor bench/referees/coaching/referees etc mean't they were never able to show that equality.

Go figure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : I do recall Celtic fans telling everyone that Walker/Pierce were equal to Shaq/Kobe as a tandem but a mixture of bad luck/referees/health issues/referees/poor bench/referees/coaching/referees etc mean't they were never able to show that equality. Go figure.
    Posted by Elven 32

those celtic fans are full of excuses. snoop was sayin' earlier how boston wouldn't have pounded us so miserably in 2008 if we had bynum. go figure.

anyhow, don't worry about it, we are beating the nets as we speak, thats right THE new jersey nets!

Go Lakers!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueprint555. Show blueprint555's posts

Oh look a schizophrenic having a conversation with himself. Poor lad. 
    Posted by jtkl

SCHIZOPHRENIC INDEED.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : I do recall Celtic fans telling everyone that Walker/Pierce were equal to Shaq/Kobe as a tandem but a mixture of bad luck/referees/health issues/referees/poor bench/referees/coaching/referees etc mean't they were never able to show that equality. Go figure.
    Posted by Elven 32

I cannot argue with you on the referee part. If David Stern would just ban all referees from Celtics games, I am almost postitive that my Celtics would have many more championships and would definitely not be riding this 40+ year drought of back to back titles. It is sad for me to know that the Detroit Pistons have had more relevance than my beloved Celtics over the past 2 decades.

Go Creen! GO CELTICS!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Somebody just has WAY too much time on their hands.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

Somebody just has WAY too much time on their hands.
    Posted by cole-ely

Agreed!  Onthe405 is just here trying to pick on us Celtic fans, and is nothing more than a troll in every sense of the word. Leave us alone please!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to How is this possible?:
    The Chicago Bulls have their first losing streak in a span of 86 regular season games.  The 2 teams that beat the Bulls consecutively were from the Western conference. I am so thrilled my Celtics get to play in such a weak conference as they would definitely struggle to win 30 games otherwise. There is no doubt in my mind that my Celtics would not make the playoffs if they had to play in the West. Aren't they a squeamish 7 and 10 versus those powerhouses this year? We are lucky that we have that Leprechaun on our side, thats for sure. Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

troll alert.you couldn`t be more transparent azzhat

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to How is this possible? : troll alert.you couldn`t be more transparent azzhat
    Posted by jrleftfoot

Just because I am unbiased means I am troll?  Grow up my friend.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : Just because I am unbiased means I am troll?  Grow up my friend.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Class act!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

The Bulls got another regular season winning streak going thanks to my beloved Celtics. We are now in the middle of another losing streak. Sad days here in Boston my friends. Very sad days.

Go Green! Go Celtics!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

This must be happy days in LA. Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

In response to "Re: How is this possible?":
    The Bulls got another regular season winning streak going thanks to my beloved Celtics. We are now in the middle of another losing streak. Sad days here in Boston my friends. Very sad days. Go Green! Go Celtics!! Posted by Snoopsnizzle
    Sucks you guys lost to an elite team, we lost to a bottom feeder. Here this whole time I was rejoicing in our 4 win streak against the weaker half of the NBA. Would love to have Lamar Odom back right now.Elven and I are going to Long Beach to drown our sorrows on beer and lament our new found status as a mid-pack monster. Coming back strong against the hornets next win. Gonna win by 2, I can feel it!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : Yes, no doubt about it. That team was the greatest of all time, and mind you, I am a die-hard Celtic fan. Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Green, and Scott. The only word that I can think of is "wow" Oh yeah, and I wont even bring up their bench. Did you know Mike Smrek can even claim back to back titles to where as Bird, McHale, Parrish, and Ainge cannot? Very sad my friend, very sad.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

the part i liked most about those laker teams was how much the refs were in the bag for kareem.  parish blocks cleanly and gets whistled for fouls.  parish sneezes it's two fouls.  kareem butchers everyone and acts like the big 36 y/o baby that he was and gets nothing called on him.

let's face, kareem was an all-timer- you know one of the few sociopaths nutty enough to admit with a microphone in front of his yapper that he'd love to hear the news of a plane load of white folks going down... 

and people wonder why this "legend" with a zero personality can't get work in the nba.  but LA Lakers were all about character- kareem the dream, worthy the double 'ho juggler and magic the philanderer- a bunch of really good guys!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

This must be happy days in LA. 
    Posted by 21st

damn, i never knew kobe liked brian cook like that.  looks like he's invading with tongue!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to "Re: How is this possible?": Sucks you guys lost to an elite

3.7TO 42% FG% 29% 3pt%

Posted by Onthe405

damn!  kobe is getting old and crappy!

Sections
Shortcuts