How is this possible?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

How is this possible?

The Chicago Bulls have their first losing streak in a span of 86 regular season games.  The 2 teams that beat the Bulls consecutively were from the Western conference. I am so thrilled my Celtics get to play in such a weak conference as they would definitely struggle to win 30 games otherwise. There is no doubt in my mind that my Celtics would not make the playoffs if they had to play in the West. Aren't they a squeamish 7 and 10 versus those powerhouses this year? We are lucky that we have that Leprechaun on our side, thats for sure.

Go Celtics!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Re: How is this possible?

Your right Snoop, the Leastern conference bar 1-2 teams is trash. All the commentators know it and sometimes refer to that point and perhaps it explains why so many of the west stars go east in search of an easier path to a championship.

Boston has been trash for a long time until McHale, not Ainge, breathed life into a defunct franchise but destroying the TWolves. Had Boston been in the west, there's no doubt there annual season records would be seriously worse than what it was prior to both the McHale giveaway and probably after.

The advantage for the west is that they play far more harder games and as such are better prepared for the playoffs and that's a primary factor why the wild wild west has dominated the championships since the retirement of MJ.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible?:
    Your right Snoop, the Leastern conference bar 1-2 teams is trash. All the commentators know it and sometimes refer to that point and perhaps it explains why so many of the west stars go east in search of an easier path to a championship. Boston has been trash for a long time until McHale, not Ainge, breathed life into a defunct franchise but destroying the TWolves. Had Boston been in the west, there's no doubt there annual season records would be seriously worse than what it was prior to both the McHale giveaway and probably after. The advantage for the west is that they play far more harder games and as such are better prepared for the playoffs and that's a primary factor why the wild wild west has dominated the championships since the retirement of MJ.
    Posted by Elven 32

Excellent observations. The West has won the last 3 titles. Your Lakers won 2 of those back to back. It has been more than 40 years ago that my dear Celtics accomplished that feat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Oh look a schizophrenic having a conversation with himself. Poor lad. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : Excellent observations. The West has won the last 3 titles. Your Lakers won 2 of those back to back. It has been more than 40 years ago that my dear Celtics accomplished that feat.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Thanks Snoop- did you know that Boston has never gone back to back since the ABA/NBA merge? It's obvious that it's a helluva lot harder to do so now with the massive increase in talent/games/athleticism/off court pressures etc and I can't think for the life of me why Boston has been unable to join the likes of the Lakers/Bulls/Spurs etc in rubber stamping a team's greatness by repeating as champs. Any ideas?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

Oh look a schizophrenic having a conversation with himself. Poor lad. 
    Posted by jtkl

It is quite obvious that elven is a huge Lakers fan and I am a huge Celtics fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : It is quite obvious that elven is a huge Lakers fan and I am a huge Celtics fan.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Sad too see schizophrenia in a three year old. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : It is quite obvious that elven is a huge Lakers fan and I am a huge Celtics fan.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : Thanks Snoop- did you know that Boston has never gone back to back since the ABA/NBA merge? It's obvious that it's a helluva lot harder to do so now with the massive increase in talent/games/athleticism/off court pressures etc and I can't think for the life of me why Boston has been unable to join the likes of the Lakers/Bulls/Spurs etc in rubber stamping a team's greatness by repeating as champs. Any ideas?
    Posted by Elven 32

Obviously since Jerry Buss bought the Lakers, they have become the icon of the NBA. Every other team including my Celtics only wish for half of the success of the mighty Lakers. It is quite embarassing to even compare the 2. Heck, the Houston Rockets have even gone back to back in the last 20 years. My beloved Celtics just cannot seem to get it together. I will say that IF KG had not been injured in 2009 that I think the Celtics would have made it back to the Finals 2 years straight although there was no way that they would have beaten those Lakers with a healthy Andrew Bynum. I mean we all saw what happened to them in 2010.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : Obviously since Jerry Buss bought the Lakers, they have become the icon of the NBA. Every other team including my Celtics only wish for half of the success of the mighty Lakers. It is quite embarassing to even compare the 2. Heck, the Houston Rockets have even gone back to back in the last 20 years. My beloved Celtics just cannot seem to get it together. I will say that IF KG had not been injured in 2009 that I think the Celtics would have made it back to the Finals 2 years straight although there was no way that they would have beaten those Lakers with a healthy Andrew Bynum. I mean we all saw what happened to them in 2010.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Agreed. There's a mental fortitude that comes with going back to back which I certainly don't see in KG/PP and co but I thought Bird had a chance. Had Bird not played in the era of Magic and Kareem I suspect he would have repeated as a champ but that was not to be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

You two are adorable!  Typing back and forth to each other, trolling with your pants around your ankles.

So cute!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Yes, it is really quite obvious. How could anybody think otherwise?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : Agreed. There's a mental fortitude that comes with going back to back which I certainly don't see in KG/PP and co but I thought Bird had a chance. Had Bird not played in the era of Magic and Kareem I suspect he would have repeated as a champ but that was not to be.
    Posted by Elven 32

You are correct. Bird would have had an excellent chance of going to back to back if those Showtime Lakers had not existed. Really sad for me and my friends here in beantown.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

You guys really are cute.  Are you FB friends too?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : Yes, it is really quite obvious. How could anybody think otherwise?
    Posted by basketbert

I know, right?  Sometimes it quite frustrating having to explain the obvious to other people that frankly, are just not that bright.

Go Green! GO CELTICS!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

You guys really are cute.  Are you FB friends too?
    Posted by snakeoil123

As an elderly man here in Boston, I dont bother with social networks like facebook. I only post here because I love the Celtics and they are on the frontburner. It is also quite user friendly for an older man like me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : You are correct. Bird would have had an excellent chance of going to back to back if those Showtime Lakers had not existed. Really sad for me and my friends here in beantown.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

The Showtime Lakers.....my favorite Laker team and by most educated people's minds the greatest basketball team of all time. Check this out, it sums up that team!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr6SShNILu4

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : The Showtime Lakers.....my favorite Laker team and by most educated people's minds the greatest basketball team of all time. Check this out, it sums up that team! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr6SShNILu4
    Posted by Elven 32

Yes, no doubt about it. That team was the greatest of all time, and mind you, I am a die-hard Celtic fan. Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Green, and Scott. The only word that I can think of is "wow" Oh yeah, and I wont even bring up their bench. Did you know Mike Smrek can even claim back to back titles to where as Bird, McHale, Parrish, and Ainge cannot? Very sad my friend, very sad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : Yes, no doubt about it. That team was the greatest of all time, and mind you, I am a die-hard Celtic fan. Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Green, and Scott. The only word that I can think of is "wow" Oh yeah, and I wont even bring up their bench. Did you know Mike Smrek can even claim back to back titles to where as Bird, McHale, Parrish, and Ainge cannot? Very sad my friend, very sad.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Likewise, even DJ Mbenga won more than one ring, something KG/PP and co could never accomplish. Must be grating for a die-hard Celtic fan like yourself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to How is this possible?:
    The Chicago Bulls have their first losing streak in a span of 86 regular season games.  The 2 teams that beat the Bulls consecutively were from the Western conference. I am so thrilled my Celtics get to play in such a weak conference as they would definitely struggle to win 30 games otherwise. There is no doubt in my mind that my Celtics would not make the playoffs if they had to play in the West. Aren't they a squeamish 7 and 10 versus those powerhouses this year? We are lucky that we have that Leprechaun on our side, thats for sure. Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Celtics can beat any team in any conference at any time when they are in shape and reasonably healthy.  My Celtics ...

As Always,

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: How is this possible? : Likewise, even DJ Mbenga won more than one ring, something KG/PP and co could never accomplish. Must be grating for a die-hard Celtic fan like yourself.
    Posted by Elven 32

OUCH!!  That was low blow my friend. Well, I can always fall back on the Celtics 8 championships in row and smile. I know there were not even 10 teams in the league back then but it is still satisfying to an old geezer such as myself. I came to this forum to discuss those days but it seems as if no one can remember.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

As Always,

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to How is this possible? : Celtics can beat any team in any conference at any time when they are in shape and reasonably healthy.  My Celtics ... As Always,
    Posted by JamLock

Oh I wish that I was as confident as you, but I am a realist and know better.

Go Green GO Celtics!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Boston is 7-10 against western conference teams this season. Puts it all into perspective!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Everone they are the same person. he is just going bck and forth with two different accounts.  It's a product of noone liking him and his having no firneds so he has to talk to himself. 

Sections
Shortcuts