HOW KOBE HURTS THE LAKES

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

HOW KOBE HURTS THE LAKES

his team is 1-4 when he scores 34 or more. last nite he had ZERO assists while scoring 41 points.. about what i had sitting on my az on my couch! you figure when going get tough his team needs him to be more like pp and go to guys like odom and gasol, but kobe just shoots and shoots and shoots, playing a one on five game.. he took 29 shots in getting his 41 yesterday, he is generally very inefficient. 46 percent from field and 30 percent from 3 for the year.

even when things changed on defense, lakes and kobe just keep going up against the wall. celts try different things. versus allen kobe was only 6-16, versus pp he was 10-13. at end, once they cut it to 4, celts just switched them up. kobe kept trying to do the same things in futility. pp went off with artest on him but had no problem adjusting when situations changed. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: HOW KOBE HURTS THE LAKES

At that point, what choice did he have?  Nobody else was getting it done.

Notice that comment from bill walton about his "unusual" offensive fouls?  He should have fouled out in the 4th, given how many times he lowered his shoulder into Pierce.  He's right, baby had to be perfect to get that charge. 

5 years ago he could have gone for 60 and maybe won that game himself.  I think those days are gone.  It seems like now he only has about two of those bursts left, both going about 5min.

I also think this will have reprocussions in terms of LA losing a couple of games from fatigue.  I feel like they killed themselves yesterday, but for the c's they just played their normal game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

In Response to Re: HOW KOBE HURTS THE LAKES:
    I feel like they killed themselves yesterday, but for the c's they just played their normal game.
    Posted by cole-ely

Thats all it was with the c's, just another game. it really wasnt revenge since they're not gonna hang #18 after yesterday's game but they will take the win and im so glad they won.

CELTS vs LAKES 2011

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Kobe was making some crazy shots, but when he goes off other guys seems to sit back and watch.  Regardless, nice to see the C's show up after getting blown out by the Suns. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

At that point, what choice did he have?  Nobody else was getting it done. Notice that comment from bill walton about his "unusual" offensive fouls?  He should have fouled out in the 4th, given how many times he lowered his shoulder into Pierce.  He's right, baby had to be perfect to get that charge.  5 years ago he could have gone for 60 and maybe won that game himself.  I think those days are gone. I also think this will have reprocussions in terms of LA losing a couple of games from fatigue.  I feel like they killed themselves yesterday, but for the c's they just played their normal game.
    Posted by cole-ely

Not true that no one else was getting it done.  Both Bynum and Odom had good games.  Odom shot well, as did Bynum.  Kobe should have made sure those two got more shots.  Bynum went 3-6, and Kobe didn't get the ball inside to him in the second half at all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I posted last year before the finals that Kobe was our secret weapon. Many clobbered me over that. Forcing shots (good or bad) no matter what is what Kobe does. When he's hitting these stupid shots, espn makes him out to be a God. When he misses them, nothing said... its because he was trying to spark his lazy team or something.

When we won our title in game 6... Kobe was on fire early, burying long distance 3's, even with a hand in his face, keeping the game close. Then, he started missing them.. GAME OVER

If youre gonna live or die with a guy taking bad shots . so be it. But how did the Lakers beat the C's in the finals? I can tell you it wasnt because of Kobe. He was terrible. He had a great 3rd qtr against us in Boston... They couldnt heap enough praise on him as that 3rd qtr played out.  For me, I thought just the opposite. He was taking one rotten shot after another... I mean, crazy stupid shots and they were falling. Then the party ended.  His heat streak ended and he still shot a poor % for the game...and series. Lakers won the series cause of Gasol/Bynum and Artest playing over his head in game 7..... they won cause of the refs flagrant bias..... they won cause PP wasnt himself and Ray couldnt hit anything he shot.

But the Lakers didnt beat the Celts because of Kobe... in fact, they won in spite of him that series imo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Don't always agree with you CC, but you are dead on with this one. I said the same thing in a thread after last night's game. The minute Kobe decided to 'take over' last night's game (with the announcers' blessings btw), I knew the C's were a lock to win. Kobe did his 'shake, bake, rock & roll' and poured in some points and the rest of the Lakers stood around watching him - because they knew no one else was going to get the ball anyway. Not only does this kill their offense but also destroys their defensive energy.
       C's continued to play TEAM ball and pull away for the relatively easy win in the end.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Don't always agree with you CC, but you are dead on with this one. I said the same thing in a thread after last night's game. The minute Kobe decided to 'take over' last night's game (with the announcers' blessings btw), I knew the C's were a lock to win. Kobe did his 'shake, bake, rock & roll' and poured in some points and the rest of the Lakers stood around watching him - because they knew no one else was going to get the ball anyway. Not only does this kill their offense but also destroys their defensive energy.    C's continued to play TEAM ball and pull away for the relatively easy win in the end.
    Posted by markes8336
    ohhh, i guess you read my pats' posts, eh... anyway, pp could have taken 29 shots and made a higher percentage and scored 45 points. so what? i dont think that is EVER great for any team in the normal course of a game. if there are injuries or something, thats fine. but nowadays esp when your competition is the celts not smart. if we were like OKC, perhaps it would make sense. fact is the commentators love it for that style is all about ratings and promoting a star or 2 above all. in many ways, our entire team are about playing roles, we have superstar and regular role players. 

once kobe got it going and we started doing everything to stop him, thats when kobe should be pulling a pp by penetrating then ditching off for easier attempts to team mates. sorry, i think a wide open shot for fisher is better than kobe double clutching for the third time in a row with 2 guys draped around him from the foul line!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

While Kobe Bryant counts his points and glares at his struggling teammates, Pierce passes up on the chance to go for 40 in front of his hometown crowd and chooses instead to help his Celtics beat the Lakers.

In the second half Sunday, Pierce went 6-for-8 from the floor. He took just two shots in the fourth quarter, made one and finished with 32 points. Kobe went 8-for-18 in the second half and scored 41 for the game. He had zero assists. The Celtics had 21 assists in the second half, the Lakers three. The “SportsCenter” highlights went to Kobe. The victory went to Pierce and the Celtics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

While Kobe Bryant counts his points and glares at his struggling teammates, Pierce passes up on the chance to go for 40 in front of his hometown crowd and chooses instead to help his Celtics beat the Lakers. In the second half Sunday, Pierce went 6-for-8 from the floor. He took just two shots in the fourth quarter, made one and finished with 32 points. Kobe went 8-for-18 in the second half and scored 41 for the game. He had zero assists. The Celtics had 21 assists in the second half, the Lakers three. The “SportsCenter” highlights went to Kobe. The victory went to Pierce and the Celtics. http://bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/20110201leaving_it_all_on_floor_green_keeping_pedal_to_metal/
    Posted by P34
    PLUS kobe took 10 straight shots in the FOURTH at one point. can u ever pp doing that? kobe's teammates deserve better! most of those shots came from one on one, no passing the rock around shots!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Being the "best player in the NBA" has always been more important than winning to Kobe. Kobe almost always plays hero ball in the fourth quarter because that is what he believes the best player in NBA is supposed to do. His team mates find themselves standing around in the fourth, because they know that it is Kobe's time, and no matter what they do, Kobe will try to be the fourth quarter hero.

It was Kobe that drove Shaq out of LA, it was Kobe attitude that convinced KG not to go to LA, and it Kobe's selfish hero play that prevents them from winning against a great Celtic team in many cases.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

not an environmentalist

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: HOW KOBE HURTS THE LAKES : Not true that no one else was getting it done.  Both Bynum and Odom had good games.  Odom shot well, as did Bynum.  Kobe should have made sure those two got more shots.  Bynum went 3-6, and Kobe didn't get the ball inside to him in the second half at all.
    Posted by cpjohn1

One question, did they GET IT DONE when KOME went into his solo act?  NO they did not. 10 times in a row he got the ball and no one else touched it.  Even LA papers said what is the use in moving without the ball when you know you won't touch it?  KOME is about KOME plain and simple.  Just like Woody Harrelson said in the movie, KOME would rather look good and lose than look middle of the road and win.  He has to have the credit. Period.  I guess you can tell I dislike him?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Being the "best player in the NBA" has always been more important than winning to Kobe. Kobe almost always plays hero ball in the fourth quarter because that is what he believes the best player in NBA is supposed to do. His team mates find themselves standing around in the fourth, because they know that it is Kobe's time, and no matter what they do, Kobe will try to be the fourth quarter hero. It was Kobe that drove Shaq out of LA, it was Kobe attitude that convinced KG not to go to LA, and it Kobe's selfish hero play that prevents them from winning against a great Celtic team in many cases.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

Why is it so hard for everyone to get this?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Interesting readings concerning this:

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/01/28/wait-you-mean-kobe-isnt-mr-clutch/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Part of it is called marketing, and it involves money.

How many sportcasters will get a sniff at an interview with Kome or the Lakers if they call him selfish? Negative, rarely sells in LA when it comes to its heroes.

The NBA has been built around hero worship since the days of Larry, and Magic, the heros that saved the NBA. Stars are the focus of marketing by teams, and some stars get "star calls" from the referees.

This year the star call list includes:

Kobe, Howard, Durant, and Rose.

Lebron seems to have fallen out of favor with the move to South Beach.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

also for a quality leader, i cant believe he led a defense that allowed the celts to shoot its highest percentage in the HISTORY of the lake-celt rivalry. celts sjot 69 PERCENT! thats 69!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

you know who is really HURT again? BYNUM!! Ooh i'm loving that!http://www.nba.com/2011/news/02/01/lakers-bynum.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from campari. Show campari's posts

you know who is really HURT again? BYNUM!! Ooh i'm loving that! http://www.nba.com/2011/news/02/01/lakers-bynum.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2
    Posted by MichBelgium

not cool.
    hate the lakers but don't wish injuries on anyone. especially bynum as he's one of the few guys on their team that's likeable (personality-wise).

Sections
Shortcuts