How long before Danny trades Stiemsma?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: How long before Danny trades Stiemsma?

In Response to Re: How long before Danny trades Stiemsma?:
    [QUOTE]he reminds me of the Perk of 2008 except has a better shot.......quicker feet to make up for mistakes......and he rebounds and blocks better...... Let him start and let JO and Wilcox play with the second team
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

With a better shot, quicker feet, [a] better rebounder and shot blocker, and good hands, why are you comparing him to Perkins? Who couldn't/can't shoot, had/has slow feet, only rebounds balls that come to him and blocks guards' shots. It's an unfair comparison. What Perkins contributed was a willingness to disappear on the offensive end and let the others shoot lest he turn over the ball or miss bunnies and the illusion of toughness by scowling and getting t'd-up for ridiculous comments. Don't paint this kid with that brush please. The only thing he doesn't have is Rondo's love.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long before Danny trades Stiemsma? : Greg is no sack of potatoes, obv a tough kid, but when Perk was here he had at least 40lbs, half of which was muscle, over Stiemsma
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

So now that Perkins is closer to 237 lbs (270lbs-32lbs) at 6'10" and Greg is 260lbs at 6'11" what does that say about the C's overall team toughness w/o Perkins??

Steammers /> Perk

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Stiemsma played very well with the starters, Stiemsma+Bass+Green+Rondo+Ray with Paul and KG comming off the bench would be a good start for next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]I just wonder if Doc will play Stiemsma over Wilcox once Wilcox is healthy.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]  no

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]He could be part of a Cousins trade if they went that route, but right now he's the back up center and the starter is injury prone. He ain't going anywhere.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

WELL...cousins just got his coach fired today...

so if he comes to the C's...that will be good newzzz

for all those , myself NOT included , who want DOC fired...

COUSINS IZZZ THE ...SWINE-FLEW........ 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BETTER NOT..... A YOUNG/TALL DAVE COWENS  !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

We will have rights for him for up to 4 years I think and he is such a low cost for his talent be hard to get value for him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]  BETTER NOT..... A YOUNG/TALL DAVE COWENS  !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Nothing against Stiemsma, but if you seriously believe he is or ever will be,the player that Cowens was ,you`re going to be sadly disappointed.Cowens was way quicker ,insanely intense,could handle the ball, his shooting range was greater,he posted up--I could go on and on.By the time Cowens was this kids age he was a perennial allstar.Then again, they`re both white.Cowens wasn`t a shot blocker.Advantage Stiemsa there. Despite being 6`8 or 6`9, Cow was a superior rebounder too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

when is this guy going to  to be our starting center??????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long before Danny trades Stiemsma? : Nothing against Stiemsma, but if you seriously believe he is or ever will be,the player that Cowens was ,you`re going to be sadly disappointed.Cowens was way quicker ,insanely intense,could handle the ball, his shooting range was greater,he posted up--I could go on and on.By the time Cowens was this kids age he was a perennial allstar.Then again, they`re both white.Cowens wasn`t a shot blocker.Advantage Stiemsa there. Despite being 6`8 or 6`9, Cow was a superior rebounder too.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]  GIVE IT TIME, SON.....  IM WITH TOMMY HEINSON ON THIS ONE...... IF DOC GIVES HIM THE TIME, HE WILL FIT IN NICELY WITH K G & COMPANY.... THERE IS SOME GOOD YOUNG PLAYERS ON THE TEAM.... DOC, NEEDS TO BRING THEM ALONG !!  "MEANINGFUL MINUTES" !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]The most similar player to him I can think of was Bill Laimbeer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxKmeqnBP9A Solid Outside stroke with tough defense. Stiemsma's a little more ATH A LETIC as Barkley says. Mchale to me was mostly post ups offensively, but he was a heck of a shot blocker too.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Bill Laimbeer was a horrible shot blocker and had WAY more offensive game then Steimsma.  The only thing they have in common is their skin color.  This is a bizarre post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Yeah, laimbeer didn't even try to block a shot...he was always punching down low with his hands.  I do think he was a good defender, in a dirtier, rick mahorn sort of way.

Obviously he had a nice 3 stroke from the top of the circle.

I wish we had kevin mchale on staff to teach him some of the wiggle moves in the low block.