How Long Will The Celts Last?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: How Long Will The Celts Last?

This is kind of silly,  we have a lot of games left,  players that we don't know how they can add to our team yet,  don't know the health of the teams in the playoffs,  let alone the seedings.  Isn't it alright to just pull for our team without someone having to be right or wrong?

The only thing I would say to your thread is I think we can beat NY in any round.  Yes I could be wrong,  but then I could be right as well.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

This is kind of silly,  we have a lot of games left,  players that we don't know how they can add to our team yet,  don't know the health of the teams in the playoffs,  let alone the seedings.  Isn't it alright to just pull for our team without someone having to be right or wrong?

The only thing I would say to your thread is I think we can beat NY in any round.  Yes I could be wrong,  but then I could be right as well.

That's being a coward. You're just afraid of getting it wrong.

You could've just left this thread alone. So why post if you're not interested in this topic?

I mean you keep telling me that I'm wrong and when the spotlight is on you, you suddenly become someone who just "pulls for our team".

I agree with one on one.  It is too early to even predict how we do in the playoffs.  That being said, I still think that Indiana is the only team that can beat Miami.  I still believe in them and would like to see them win a playoff series against Miami.  I am not sure that the Celtics could win a playoff series against Miami but I will remain optimistic.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think in the games coming up the answer to your thread will be apparent.  I am optimistic but not willing to predict.  As one on one says the Knicks do not scare me in any round, the Heat do however.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

This is just like last October when I said the Lakers were going to be a crappy team this season. Everybody here said I was nuts!

HAHAHA

Even a blind squirrel finds an occasional nut.

Pud

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

This is just like last October when I said the Lakers were going to be a crappy team this season. Everybody here said I was nuts!

HAHAHA

You were right about the Lakers.  They have a very talented roster but have chemistry problems.  Not many NBA fans thought they would struggle the way they have this season.  On many polls that I have recently seen many still believe they will make the playoffs.  Not sure what will happen but definitely won't be easy for them to end up the 8th seed. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I hope the Cs win a title (or the Mavs, ouch) but if I look at out team with all the injuries:

If we win the first round we have already overachieved. If we make the conference finals it would be a big surprise for me. No way we reach the finals IMO (despite major unjuries to Lebron and co.).

Regarding your rebounding issue, I have answered that before.

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Getting rid of Ray obviously didn't help until new year when we were at 38.48 boards per game. That is worse than last year!

The emergence of Sully (until he was injured) and the new style and pace after Rondo went down has nothing to do with it, no? So Ray's abesence only helped in January (41.7) and February (43.5)? Pierce channeld that inner Rodman just after Rondo went down cause Ray is gone, really?

Rebound numbers / game: Terry 1.9, Lee 2.3, AB 2.2. Ray last year: 3.1 !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

As of now, they'd play Indy in the first round. That would be a tough but winable series. Then they'd probably get the Knicks.  Also winable. Then, unfortunately, the road would end in South Beach.

If they slip to eighth (only one game separates the C's and  Milwaukee), it's over quick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

HAHAHA

You were right about the Lakers.  They have a very talented roster but have chemistry problems.  Not many NBA fans thought they would struggle the way they have this season.  On many polls that I have recently seen many still believe they will make the playoffs.  Not sure what will happen but definitely won't be easy for them to end up the 8th seed. 

Doesn't matter, the fact that they're a crappy team means they will exit in the 1st round if they make the playoffs.

No way the Lakers will upset the Spurs or the Thunder in the 1st round. That's a guarantee!

Hear that, GK?

You are right.  I don't see the Lakers beating the Spurs or Thunder in a 7 game playoff series. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

Don't see them getting past the 1st round at this point.  Too many variables to predict wins, but enought to predict losses.  Health remains a huge factor at this point for the Celts.  PP and pinch nerve in neck and lets not forget he had a sprained MCL last year too.  Two players coming off heart surgery (Wilcox, Green), Bradley's shoulder surgery, and KG's age along with any number of health issues that might come up.  I can see any number of combinations of problems arising for the Celts in the coming months.  Cross your fingers and hope for the rest to go right.  I still think the basketball Gods will screw the Celts, but that's just my view.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

HAHAHA

Even a blind squirrel finds an occasional nut.

Pud

Didn't I say the Celts' rebounding will improve this season because the Celts got younger by removing Ray and JO from the starting lineup?

This season the Celts are averaging 39.93 rebounds per game. 

In 2010 the Celts averaged 38.6 rpg.

In 2011, 38.8 rpg.

In 2012, 38.8 rpg.

In 2013, 39.93 rpg.

That's 2 nuts and counting. That's one hell of a blind squirrel!

You say lots of things. A veritable motor mouth.

Didn't you say that the Cs wouldn't make it to the POs last year?

That's one hell of a blind squirrel.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I'll play, if they play the Heat, Pacers, or if the Bulls have Rose back in the first round, they're 1 and done. I give them a fifty fifty chance of beating the knicks!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I'll play, if they play the Heat, Pacers, or if the Bulls have Rose back in the first round, they're 1 and done. I give them a fifty fifty chance of beating the knicks!!

The return of Rose could be the difference maker for Chicago.  If he returns and is even 80% of what he did contribute in the past, they are going to a very difficult team to beat in a playoff series for any team.  It should be interesting to see what happens to Chicago if/when Rose returns.  They are already a very good team without him.  They were the # 1 seed before he was injured last season. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

Some here will say that you're bipolar if you're being realistic.

So let's man up and give our predictions here.

I say the Celts will reach the east finals IF they don't face NY or Miami in the 1st round.

Time to put your money where your mouth is. 

CHE?

Karl?

Others?

well if you predict, at one time or another, every possible outcome, then you will be able to reprint the right one and call yourself a genius.     Is that what you are trying to do?    Last week while trashing Ainge, you said the Celts would NOT make it past the first round.    Does this mean you've changed your mind about Ainge?   

--

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

Some here will say that you're bipolar if you're being realistic.

So let's man up and give our predictions here.

I say the Celts will reach the east finals IF they don't face NY or Miami in the 1st round.

Time to put your money where your mouth is. 

CHE?

Karl?

Others?

The Celts will make it to the conference finals unless they lose Pierce Garnett Bradley Green or Wilcox to injury.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts