How Long Will The Celts Last?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

Re: How Long Will The Celts Last?

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to videoburns' comment:

well if you predict, at one time or another, every possible outcome, then you will be able to reprint the right one and call yourself a genius.     Is that what you are trying to do?    Last week while trashing Ainge, you said the Celts would NOT make it past the first round.    Does this mean you've changed your mind about Ainge?   

No!

Ainge made a mistake by not making a move to find an upgrade over Bass!

I clearly said the Celts will not get past the 1st round if they play NY or Miami in the 1st round. That's the part you left out, that the Celts will not get past the 1st round if they face the Knicks or the Heat.

You manipulated the facts!

If you ask me now if the Celts get past the 1st round if they face NY or Miami, the answer is NO!

But if the Celts don't face NY or Miami in the 1st round then the Celts will reach the east finals.

LOL  you should read your own posts!   Maybe before you post them..   This is one of the reasons you have a credibility problem here:

"Doing nothing, like what Ainge did at the trade deadline, will result in a 1st round exit by the Celtics."

Nothing in the post about NY or Miami,  just a trashing of Ainge and unqualified assertion that the Celts would lose in the first round..    Please show me how I malipulated the facts.

Here is the entire post that you made: Re: It will take another 10 years

posted at 2/22/2013 10:43 AM EST

• Fierce34
    • First: 12/2/2009
    • Last: 3/5/2013

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Fierce in one of your threads you were saying Danny shouldn't overhaul the team because of season ticket holders. That this was still a playoff calibre team. Which is it? 

Personally I thought we should have gotten a big at all costs. Our rebounding is atrocious....and it was most glaring need

Danny had 2 options, blow it up and start the rebuild early or get a big man or another player better than Bass or Lee. But what Ainge did was just replace Barbosa with a younger Barbosa type player.

Basically Ainge didn't do anything to make the team better.

Doing nothing, like what Ainge did at the trade deadline, will result in a 1st round exit by the Celtics. Sure they're a playoff team, but not addressing the need for another big man is unbelievable!

Everybody knows what the Celtics need, another big man to help KG, but Ainge didn't get it done! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

It has nothing to do with the rebounding numbers of Terry and AB.

The mere fact that the Celts only have 2 players over 30 years old in the starting lineup this season is an indication that the Celts have become more athletic because they got younger.

And until December, Jason Terry was starting. Since JT went back to the 6th man role, the Celts' rebounding numbers have gone up.

Come on, be as honest to yourself as you ask others to be. You claimed multiple times that getting Terry over Ray will make us younger and a better rebounding team.
    That was obviously wrong. We became better on the boads when Sully played more (cause he is a better rebounder than bass) and after we changed our style of play when Rondo went down (cause PP stepped up and most likely we shoot and miss more). The correlation to Ray is just in your mind.

Facts about rebounds for the Cs:

Terry, AB and Lee are not better on the boards than Ray.

We were worse when we replaced Ray in the starting lineup (with either Terry or Lee).

We became better when we replaced Bass in the lineup and when we played a faster styple (and PP became the second coming of Denis Rodman).

The only reason the absence of Ray helps our rebounding is that we brick so many open threes that our rebounds will automatically go up^^

We will miss Sully in the postseason when the games slow down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

I say we make it to the ECF against MIA. From there I don't know what to think, I'd say Miami wins by 4-2 or we take it to a seventh game if lucky.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to susan250's comment:

I agree with one on one.  It is too early to even predict how we do in the playoffs.  That being said, I still think that Indiana is the only team that can beat Miami.  I still believe in them and would like to see them win a playoff series against Miami.  I am not sure that the Celtics could win a playoff series against Miami but I will remain optimistic.  

Basically what you're saying is you don't think the Celts can beat the Heat but you will remain optimistic. 

That wasn't so hard, right?

I mean this is just for discussion purposes. So what if you get it wrong. 

Hahaha ... Yeah, he'll only dismember you in future posts and eat your 1st born ... LOL

This next few games will determine how I think we will do in the playoffs.  If we do alright I think we have a chance to beat certainly the Knicks I don't care what round it is in.  Miami while we are long shots we would have a chance.  As for INdiana we can beat them in any round in the playoffs.

We have to stay healthy and if we do we will make noise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

No team scares me but the heat. I think we can get to ECF again. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

This is just like last October when I said the Lakers were going to be a crappy team this season. Everybody here said I was nuts!

HAHAHA

As I said to Jamez (where has he been btw) when he said the Lakers were crappy, they are not as bad as a lot on here think.  Trust me that there is no team in the west that wants to face them in the playoffs assuming they make it and I think they will.  I hope to be wrong but dont think I am.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The Celts can win any series, they can lose any series,   we have a better chance if Doc will trust the team at the end of games, the Pierce Garnett hold the ball and get low percentage shots most of the time will send us home early.  We have a good team if we watch the turnovers, time to trust our players at the end of game , like doc did last night.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think the Celtics will get to the 4 or 5 spot face CHI and win in a 6 game series, and go on to face Miami in the secound round and go to seven games and Iose. I hope we stay in the 6th spot go through NYK, IND and face MIA in a game seven ECF repeat. I think we have a chance to win that game 7 and as always an injury will either make or bresk us.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

They will go as far as they can. But I like their chances.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I think the Celtics will get to the 4 or 5 spot face CHI and win in a 6 game series, and go on to face Miami in the secound round and go to seven games and Iose. I hope we stay in the 6th spot go through NYK, IND and face MIA in a game seven ECF repeat. I think we have a chance to win that game 7 and as always an injury will either make or bresk us.

If not 6th then 3rd.

Agree with you that if it's the east finals, anything can happen and there will be more pressure on the Heat to beat the Celts for a 2nd straight time in the east finals.

This team is building right before our eyes. They have alot of high energy players now. How they mprove and learn our defensive rotations will determine how we do in the playoffs.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to Russell1's comment:

This team is building right before our eyes. They have alot of high energy players now. How they mprove and learn our defensive rotations will determine how we do in the playoffs.

That's why save the best for last. The more these new players play, the more they learn. 

Definitely the Celts will be better in mid-May than in late April. Some of the fans here don't understand that the Celts have a lot of new players who are still learning the system. The longer the Celts play the more the new players learn.

Exactly! They may be the team with the deepest bench come playoff time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

This is kind of silly,  we have a lot of games left,  players that we don't know how they can add to our team yet,  don't know the health of the teams in the playoffs,  let alone the seedings.  Isn't it alright to just pull for our team without someone having to be right or wrong?

The only thing I would say to your thread is I think we can beat NY in any round.  Yes I could be wrong,  but then I could be right as well.

That's being a coward. You're just afraid of getting it wrong.

You could've just left this thread alone. So why post if you're not interested in this topic?

I mean you keep telling me that I'm wrong and when the spotlight is on you, you suddenly become someone who just "pulls for our team".

So I see you started the name calling.  I could care less if you think I am right or wrong.  Your a freaking idiot that all you want to do is argue with everyone.  Yea that right I pull for our team,  not like some that give up like last year,  make a bet with someone on it and then don't honor the bet.  You are a pathetic poster than post 24/7 and are constantly getting into pissing contests with everyone.   Guess what ,  I didn't get that one wrong now did I?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

So I see you started the name calling.  I could care less if you think I am right or wrong.  Your a freaking idiot that all you want to do is argue with everyone.  Yea that right I pull for our team,  not like some that give up like last year,  make a bet with someone on it and then don't honor the bet.  You are a pathetic poster than post 24/7 and are constantly getting into pissing contests with everyone.   Guess what ,  I didn't get that one wrong now did I?

Name calling?

Did I say you're a coward?

I just said "that's being a coward".

Look at the thread, there are a lot of posters here who gave a prediction. They were man enough to do it!

And did I get into a pissing contest with the other posters on this thread that didn't attack me first?

The problem with you is don't like this thread and yet here you are, on this thread!

Did I invite you here?

Guess what,  I can post on any thread I want.  I know you think you own this place but guess what,  you don't.  Good for the predictors,  thats fine with me.  

Since when do I need you to invite me to anything?  

You don't get into pissing contests?  I come to these threads for the laughs,  but that is a good one.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Like I said, it's not about Ray being the better rebounder. The Celts got younger by removing JO and Ray. 

And Sully is not playing right now but the Celts are still rebounding better.

As of 59 games, the Celts are averaging 40.09 rebounds per game.

Come on, clearly the Celts have improved in the rebounding department this season. The last time the Celts averaged 40 or more rebounds per game was back in 2008-09.

I never said it is only because of Ray getting more rebounds or Sully. You focus clearly only on parts of my post.

My statement is: There is no proof for your thesis that we are better rebounding team without Ray. Actually it is the other way around. The facts say: We were WORSE without Ray. 

After we did other changes (Sully in, Rondo out=change of play) we improved in total rebounds. If that does mean we are having a better rebound rate, is another story.  

But you already mentioned that you feel like a betrayed lover and therfore never admit anything positive about Ray.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

With Jeff guarding Lebron, Avery guarding Wade, and KG guarding Bosh I like our chances.

Who knew Green would be such a good defender against Lebron? Lebron went 3 for 11 while being guarded by Green.

The game today is difficult to predict. A back to back game on the road against a contender is always the most difficult type of regular season game. The Celics seem to have a lot of those on the schedule this year.

Even if they do lose tonight, it is not a good indicator of our ability to beat the Pacers in the play-offs. If we win, that would speak volumes.