How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine?

The D league is a GREAT success!

I saw old friend Lester Hudson still kicking around, too. Scoring big for the Cavs.

I am not averse to Gerald Green coming back here to provide some energy and excitement off the bench!

Bradley has the 2 locked up IMO. But a little comp/ insurance never hurt.

Next Season roster : PG- Rondo, Moore
    SG- Bradley, Ray Allen, Gerald Green
    SF- Pierce, Pietrus, Pavlovic
    PF-Bass, Reggie Evans, Johnson
    C- Garnett, Stiemsma, Hollins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine?

In Response to How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine?:
    The D league is a GREAT success! I saw old friend Lester Hudson still kicking around, too. Scoring big for the Cavs. I am not averse to Gerald Green coming back here to provide some energy and excitement off the bench! Bradley has the 2 locked up IMO. But a little comp/ insurance never hurt. Next Season roster : PG- Rondo, Moore SG- Bradley, Ray Allen, Gerald Green SF- Pierce, Pietrus, Pavlovic PF-Bass, Reggie Evans , Johnson C- Garnett, Stiemsma, Hollins
    Posted by DaCeltics

Hopefully we will add more than you are suggesting.  Despite how we play the rest of the season,  we can't go forward with the same team next year. You know that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine?

What a mediocre 7th/8th seed team that would be

We're going to spend our massive cap space on Reggie Evans and Gerald Green?

Where are our 2 1st round picks??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The Green I want back is JEFF!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

that would certainly be a cheap team.  maybe cheaper than the bobcats!  If they could sell tickets still, it would be a winner for the c's org to save some cash.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I don't want Gerald Green. He may flourish for non-playoff teams, but I don't see him fitting in well on a contender.

I'm very pleased with Greg Stiemsma, however I prefer him as a third-string center battling for minutes as a primary backup. He's never going to be starter material.

The Celtics should part ways with both Marquis Daniels and Keyon Dooling. They're essentially worthless. I could be persuaded to retain Sasha Pavlovic, if there's no one better for the 15th spot.

For the right money, Mickael Pietrus and Brandon Bass should both be re-signed. Keeping Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen also comes down to money.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

In Response to How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine?:
    The D league is a GREAT success! I saw old friend Lester Hudson still kicking around, too. Scoring big for the Cavs. I am not averse to Gerald Green coming back here to provide some energy and excitement off the bench! Bradley has the 2 locked up IMO. But a little comp/ insurance never hurt. Next Season roster : PG- Rondo, Moore SG- Bradley, Ray Allen, Gerald Green SF- Pierce, Pietrus, Pavlovic PF-Bass, Reggie Evans , Johnson C- Garnett, Stiemsma, Hollins
    Posted by DaCeltics

GERALD GREEN went for 32 yesterday. again, he's playin for a garbage team with nothin on the line, have we not seen this act before? also stop looking at the present and fallin in love like its permanent. if we get austin rivers, no need for GG (he will want to get paid for multiple years). kif we get kris humphries and a ray hibbert and kg comes back affordably, no need for BASS. if kg wants more than 2 years at his market value (13m or so), then no kg AND bass. it all depends. i like all these guys, but not in love! once the agents get involved, things can change quickly. pp, rr, steamer, and perhaps ra (on team friendly terms) are the only 4 "locks" to return. lets see how the season actually ends first!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine?:
    In Response to How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine? : GERALD GREEN went for 32 yesterday. again, he's playin for a garbage team with nothin on the line, have we not seen this act before? also stop looking at the present and fallin in love like its permanent. if we get austin rivers, no need for GG (he will want to get paid for multiple years). kif we get kris humphries and a ray hibbert and kg comes back affordably, no need for BASS. if kg wants more than 2 years at his market value (13m or so), then no kg AND bass. it all depends. i like all these guys, but not in love! once the agents get involved, things can change quickly. pp, rr, steamer, and perhaps ra (on team friendly terms) are the only 4 "locks" to return. lets see how the season actually ends first!
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER

who is 'Ray' Hibbert?

Can you explain to me how we afford Hibbert and Humphries?

KG's market value is 13 million?? What? If he stays here it will be for around MLE prices (5m).

Since Bass has a player option and we can sign KG for anything he wants, even give him a raise, then clearly we can afford BOTH him and Bass. Yet if we want Hibbert and Humphries we have to pay them 13 and 9 per year (others will pay more, Indiana will certainly match) and say goodbye to KG.

When did we see this act from Green before? Did you actually watch him here from 05-07? He was NEVER displaying the consistent skills and maturity in his game he shows in now in Jersey.

Glad you are finally branching out to comment on OTHER people's threads and not just the ones you start that you pull from the front page of STAR magazine,. But this drivel of yours is 'weak sauce'

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

In Response to Re: How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine?:
    The Green I want back is JEFF!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

For sure, Jeff 1st.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

What a mediocre 7th/8th seed team that would be We're going to spend our massive cap space on Reggie Evans and Gerald Green? Where are our 2 1st round picks??
    Posted by rameakap

I never suggested overpaying ANYBODY!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine? : GERALD GREEN went for 32 yesterday. again, he's playin for a garbage team with nothin on the line, have we not seen this act before? also stop looking at the present and fallin in love like its permanent. if we get austin rivers, no need for GG (he will want to get paid for multiple years). kif we get kris humphries and a ray hibbert and kg comes back affordably, no need for BASS. if kg wants more than 2 years at his market value (13m or so), then no kg AND bass. it all depends. i like all these guys, but not in love! once the agents get involved, things can change quickly. pp, rr, steamer, and perhaps ra (on team friendly terms) are the only 4 "locks" to return. lets see how the season actually ends first!
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER

Bass is a keeper. Better than Humphries and Hibbert. Hibbert recently had a game with 0 rebounds and he's 7'3".

That's inexcusable. I didn't watch the game, but I don't care.

That is a lack of personal pride to the level of a championship caliber player.

Nuff said.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine? : I never suggested overpaying ANYBODY!!
    Posted by DaCeltics

I didn't say you did, just adding guys that barely make us better and then putting $ in Wyc's pockets I suppose

Might as well sell of some parts, do some sign and trades, get more/better picks if that is the direction you want to go

We need guys like Hibbert ot Mayo (not Evans and Gerald) or else we need to blow it up

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine? : I didn't say you did, just adding guys that barely make us better and then putting $ in Wyc's pockets I suppose Might as well sell of some parts, do some sign and trades, get more/better picks if that is the direction you want to go We need guys like Hibbert ot Mayo (not Evans and Gerald) or else we need to blow it up
    Posted by rameakap

Do you know why Hibbert finished a game with 0 rebounds? Cause I don't!

Plus I watched him against us when his team was down, and their was no " Give me the damn ball" in him at all.

Mayo is a good sixth man scorer and NOTHING else.

P.S.- Everyone wants to add a Kevin Love, or Dwight Howard, but fantastic role players win championships too!

Dallas showed that!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine? : Bass is a keeper. Better than Humphries and Hibbert. Hibbert recently had a game with 0 rebounds and he's 7'3". That's inexcusable. I didn't watch the game, but I don't care. That is a lack of personal pride to the level of a championship caliber player. Nuff said.
    Posted by DaCeltics

No way you take Bass over Hibbert dude, jeez enough with the kool aid. Hibbert played 20 mins the game you cited, sure the 0 number is unsettling but its in no way the norm.

Hibbert doesn't average the 11 rebounds you'd want from being just slighty taller than 7'1" (he's not 7'3") but he gets you 8-9 a game, 2-3 blocks  and 13-15 points (all MUCH better than Perk) and he's only just tunred 25.

He is someone you can put with Rondo, Avery, Green and Bass and REALLY have a foundation for the future.

We can't afford Hibbert AND Humphries, unless Bass leaves. I'd rather have Hibbert and Bass than Humphries and Bass of course.

Bass is better on offense than Humphries but not as big, burly or even close to as good a rebounder. Considering this team has a skinny jump-shooting 7' center now, and are the worst rebounding team in the game, I'd take a normal sized 10 point 11 rebound PF than an undersized 15 point 7 rebound PF.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine? : Do you know why Hibbert finished a game with 0 rebounds? Cause I don't! Plus I watched him against us when his team was down, and their was no " Give me the damn ball" in him at all. Mayo is a good sixth man scorer and NOTHING else. P.S.- Everyone wants to add a Kevin Love, or Dwight Howard, but fantastic role players win championships too! Dallas showed that!
    Posted by DaCeltics

no one is denying that role players help win titles... but choosing Gerald and Evans over Mayo and Hibbert is idiotic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: How many STARS like Stiemsma, Lin, and Gerald Green are getting ready to shine? : no one is denying that role players help win titles... but choosing Gerald and Evans over Mayo and Hibbert is idiotic.
    Posted by rameakap

Even it saves money overall to create a deeper team?

Here's Hibbert's 20 minute 0 rebound stint:
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/roy_hibbert/game_by_game_stats.html

He has way too many single digit rebound #'s for his age and size to break the bank for.

I change my mind. Anyone who gives him a max contract should have his head examined.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So when I said he played 20 minutes and didn't know the circumstances to why he didn't grab a board... but pointed out his typical overall statsavg's... you felt the need to send me a link?

Give it up Da

Adding another 6'7" PF and a recent D-league player scoring for the worst team in the league does little to improve on Pietrus and Wilcox. Evans is better than the non-existent 4th big man we have now, but nowhere close to Hibbert/Humphries

Those are Dana Barros/Pervis Ellison moves.... yay let's get draft pick 15 instead of 5.... ugh

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I think Garnett will get more than the $5M midlevel , and should.

I see the Celtics giving him $8M and a second year at $4M , maybe an option for a 3rd yr at vet minimum with a nice $500,000 buyout if KG is too injured or old by then....I think that would be a very reasonable price for one of the greatest Celtics of all time.

KG has earned every penny for 5 seasons as a Celtic, I'd love to see him play in Boston for AT LEAST 2 more seasons. 

And let's not forget about Jeff Green, he's better than Bass or Pietrius and those guys have been very effective. AND Chris Wilcox , he was better than any big man the Celtics have brought in for the last 5 years, including PJ Brown...  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Hibbert is not even as good as Rik Smits! (Who was just a very good big man back in the day) In today's NBA he'd be a star!

Where have all the talented 7 footers gone?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think Garnett will get more than the $5M midlevel , and should I see the Celtics giving him $8M and a second year at $4M , maybe an option for a 3rd yr at vet minimum with a nice $500,000 buyout if KG is too injured or old by then....I think that would be a very reasonable price for one of the greatest Celtics of all time. KG has earned every penny for 5 seasons as a Celtic, I'd love to see him play in Boston for AT LEAST 2 more seasons.
    Posted by PHX85014

I got that 'poor quality' quote as a fortune cookie last week, haha

and yeah 2 years 12 million is pretty fair for KG, beats the 3 year full-MLE that most any other contender can give him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hibbert is not even as good as Rik Smits! (Who was just a very good big man back in the day) In today's NBA he'd be a star! Where have all the talented 7 footers gone?
    Posted by DaCeltics

Smits was an all-star and the 2nd best player on a team that was always in that top 4-10 range in the 90's.

If Miller and Smits has been 2nd/3rd best players on the 90's Pacers teams they would have won a ring or two.

Hibbert is a restricted free agent and snowy boston w/ its high state taxes is never anyone's favorite signing destination, so you have to overpay, thats the nature of the sport. Luckily PP's contract is up in 2 years, Rondo is underpaid and if we bring back KG, Ray and Jeff Green they will all likely be underpaid as well. 

Hibbert would be the 4th best player here next year if we keep the big 3 intact. Jeff Green, Avery, Mayo, Bass, Stiemsma and Ray as 5th-9th men (in no particular order) would be the deepest team in the game and we'd have a real title shot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

I dont like that line up for nest year no matter who we sign. Id like to see ray come off the bench for bradley.. steimsma starting at C, KG either starting at PF and playing reduced minutes or coming off the bench at the PF/C providing we sign a starting caliber PF

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Stiemsma is a better shot blocker and rebounder and scorer (potentially) than Hibbert!

Hibbert has 6 feet of range and that's it!

What he has over Steamer is beef. Steamer has speed over him, mid-range jumper, quick feet and superior shot blocking IMO.

That's why I promoted Reggie Evans. He will give payback to the Tyler Hansborough wildmen, plus he has the beef and toughness to play back up center.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

well I guess I'm just glad you don't run the team then

Sections
Shortcuts