How the Celts can end up with #6, #7, and #8

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: How the Celts can end up with #6, #7, and #8

I wouldn't mind, but...

If the C's move to NYC and are sold to the Mafia it could also happen!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

That would be some fireworks if Danny can pull that off. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Isn't this the wackiest freaking NBA draft day you have ever seen?  The possibilities are endless.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I have said that if Ainge decides to go with the youth movement (aka building through the draft), then this is the place to start. This draft class is deep. While you might not get a superstar, I think there are guys in the top 10 (outside of Parker, Wiggins, and Embiid) with potential to be very good players, or even all-stars if they live up to their potential.

It's deep especially in comparison to last year where I (and many others) thought the pool of players in the draft was extremely weak.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

The other interesting thing about this draft is there are no clear-cut tiers of talent. Exum is a wildcard, Randle was a definite number four a couple weeks ago but not at all anymore, Vonleh could go top 5 now, Gordon has been mocked to go anywhere from 4th to 12th, Stauskas, Nurkic, or Lavine could very well be as good as Smart, Randle, and Gordon.  

It's a very unusual draft, that is for certain.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have said that if Ainge decides to go with the youth movement (aka building through the draft), then this is the place to start. This draft class is deep. While you might not get a superstar, I think there are guys in the top 10 (outside of Parker, Wiggins, and Embiid) with potential to be very good players, or even all-stars if they live up to their potential.

[/QUOTE]

True.

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with most of that With Embiids foot issue, you can make an argument about who should go 3 through 13, so yes this would be a good draft on paper to commit to that route with the 6,7,8th + picks. Nash is where we part ways, unless he's a part of another deal lined up. Hey no scenario has any more validity than any other this the NBA's hot stove season. 

Who would you guys shoot for? if we had the 6,7,8 and maybe we kept the 17  for the sake of discussion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

keep the #8... trade 6, 7 and jeff green to cavs for their #1 pick

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Fierce who would you take with the picks?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

#*8 Gordon or McBuckets??

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Love these ideas............BUT - I'm reading the lakers are enamored now with Randle, so they will prob not trade with us.

If we got the 8th pick (BIG if) - how about trading it to PHI for 10 and 31?

Or to CHI for 14 and 47?

But - in your scenario, I would take Smart at 6, Gordon at 7 and Saric at 8.  Unless Smart was gone, then I'd take Payton.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

6-Smart 7-Gordon 8-Stauskas 17-McDaniels

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to romneywins' comment:

[QUOTE]

Fierce who would you take with the picks?

I'd use #6 and #7 to trade up.

But if the Celts can't trade up, I would pick the best players available.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a prediction.

Got any names for us?

6 weeks ago you'd have taken Harris and McDermott at 6 and 7 over Vonleh, Gordon and Randle and laughed like a drunken hyena at the idea that Gordon had the potential to be an all-star someday.

So tell us, RANK THEM, who are the best available players you'd want in the 6-8 range?

Sections
Shortcuts