How the Nets Press Saw the KG- Wallace skirmish

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

How the Nets Press Saw the KG- Wallace skirmish

For a second straight game, Kevin Garnett and Gerald Wallace (15 points, six rebounds, three steals) got tangled up. This time, Wallace grabbed KG’s jersey to brace himself as he was falling away from the play after getting an offensive rebound with 9:31 left in the fourth quarter. KG took umbrage and pushed Wallace’s hand off his jersey. Andray Blatche and Courtney Lee exchanged words. All four players involved were called for technicals, which offset. 

From what i saw Wallace should have gotten the tech.  I was Lee again on rerun and saw nothing he deserved a tech for.  The bold is complete hogwash.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Re: How the Nets Press Saw the KG- Wallace skirmish

agreed!  If it takes Wallace that much time to get his balance while giving KG a weggy.  Then he should take meds for his inner ear infection.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Here's one just as bad. I didnt watch the game yesterday but was listening to it in my car driving... Since I live in NY area, I had the Nets station on listening to their announcers.

The way they described it is Wallace got tangled up with KG and Wallace had his hand on KG in a kind-of  ..lets calm down gesture... to diffuse the situation.. Then KG violently swiped his hands across Wallaces to free himself of the peacemaker.

They immediately went on about KGs history of being chippy etc etc...

Pretty amazed after I saw the replay last night

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If the league does not rescind KG's technical there is truly something wrong.  KG needs to avoid a suspension later in the year for too many techs so Wallace's acting needs to be corrected in the next few days.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Wasn't it Wallace who did the huge flopping when I think either Rondo or Lee bumped them?  It was a very obvious flop.  Of course I am sure nothing will come of it.  

One thing I can say is I haven't seen any Celtic flop to this point.  Maybe Rondo one time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from THE Guru2. Show THE Guru2's posts

Pleeeeeazzze, anyone remember McFilthy and McNasty?  If you believed Johnny Most they both should have served time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

For a second straight game, Kevin Garnett and Gerald Wallace (15 points, six rebounds, three steals) got tangled up. This time, Wallace grabbed KG’s jersey to brace himself as he was falling away from the play after getting an offensive rebound with 9:31 left in the fourth quarter. KG took umbrage and pushed Wallace’s hand off his jersey. Andray Blatche and Courtney Lee exchanged words. All four players involved were called for technicals, which offset. 

From what i saw Wallace should have gotten the tech.  I was Lee again on rerun and saw nothing he deserved a tech for.  The bold is complete hogwash.

Its New Jersey! I need say no more!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to THE Guru2's comment:

Pleeeeeazzze, anyone remember McFilthy and McNasty?  If you believed Johnny Most they both should have served time.

No kidding.. first time I watched a Celtic game  and listened to Johnny on the radio do the game... I thought I was watching a different game than Most was calling lol

Johnny Most was the ultimate homer.... I miss the guy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Its New Jersey! I need say no more!

Um, its Brooklyn..thats NY. NJ got enough troubles

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:

assuming the nba is like a prison movie, kg had to send that message.. cant let another man get that close to your nutts and into your pants and you just stand there with a bon-er...

lest we forget how close KG got to channing frye's cube-icals on that fateful 3 point attempt last year or the year before- KG gave 'em the old half stroke rabbit punch as frye was shooting the ball...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:

assuming the nba is like a prison movie, kg had to send that message.. cant let another man get that close to your nutts and into your pants and you just stand there with a bon-er...

LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I was 12 rows away during this silly skirmish involving KG.

Wallace 100% held onto the jersey for 2-3 seconds too long... he began by bracing himself then dumbly didn't let go, antagonizing KG and being the instigator.

KG was slightly more animated than he really had to be... if he walked away VERY fast he would have dragged Wallace along and shown the refs that Wallace was keeping hold of the jersey too long.

They both deserved double-technicals... Blatche deserved a tech for forcing his way in where he wasn't needed and touching them... and Lee deserved nothing for just standing there and telling the guys to knock it off.

Sections
Shortcuts