How the Rondo Rumor Mill Works.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

How the Rondo Rumor Mill Works.

-

Here's how it works.  Someone tweets or re-tweets a rumour and people run with it as if it has some credibility.  Media plays this game to generate page views for their blogs or papers.

Look at this tweet:

A. Sherrod Blakely
    @
    It's pretty clear that CP3 coming to the means LAC and GSW didn't pony up and meet the demands of the .

This tweet almost implies that it's a done deal and Paul is coming to Boston.

Here's a link to a Twitter Topic, #Celtics that reveals all the gossip on trade rumors, but it's like this forum in that people are basically just repeating what they read in the Boston Globe or on some NBA website, as if we can't follow the news for ourselves, aren't capable of reading the exact same sources that are available to everyone who has a computer.  Lol

The chances of the Celtics trading Rondo are slim to none, yet the media and blogosphere keep pounding the rumors just to generate buzz.

I'll be glad to eat my words if a Rondo for Paul trade is consummated, but I find this rumor mongering simply annoying.  Much more annoying than the idea of the trade.

Now we'll have to worry about how all the rumor mongering will affect the team going forward  -- these guys are all just as human as the rest of us, remember.

Annoying as hell.

-

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: How the Rondo Rumor Mill Works.

Still don't admit he's looking to trade him?

Denial is not just a river in Egypt, my friend!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

supposedly according to rumors the deal was done except that Paul wouldn't sign an extension.  but then all these other rumors were suggesting that Ainge wanted Paul without an extension.  doesn't make sense.  

the thing that's funny is that with Rondo being as game effecting ultra sensitive as we found out he is after last years episodes, this is just so over the top, i almost think Ainge is hammering his psyche in order to callus him up.  the normal thought is that it will offset Rondo in the way you just mentioned however, maybe Rondo will use it all as motivation.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Red-Russ,

He'd be a fool to not put some bait on a hook and see if there are any bites. 

But as far as initiating any trades, no: it's only because Paul is dangling himself out there, otherwise he'd be building around Rondo, not trying to move him.  It's merely situational. 

Probably not going to happen, and if Danny had a crystal ball,  then while he's engaging in damage control down the road, observing the effect on Rondo and the team, I'm sure he'll wish he'd never even gotten involved.

-

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Well I suggest you shut your internet off till tomorrow morning. 

Cause this thing is only going to get crazier. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: How the Rondo Rumor Mill Works.:
    [QUOTE]- Red-Russ, He'd be a fool to not put some bait on a hook and see if there are any bites.  But as far as initiating any trades, no: it's only because Paul is dangling himself out there, otherwise he'd be building around Rondo, not trying to move him.  It's merely situational.  Probably not going to happen, and if Danny had a crystal ball,  then while he's engaging in damage control down the road, observing the effect on Rondo and the team, I'm sure he'll wish he'd never even gotten involved. -
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Danny doesn't need a crystal ball to look into the future and see that building around Rondo is simply nutz.

Suppose the POTUS makes another off-hand joke about Rondo's need to improve his shooting? The entire franchise collapses.

Can't take that chance.

Ski... will you be leaving us if/when RR gets traded?

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How the Rondo Rumor Mill Works. : Danny doesn't need a crystal ball to look into the future and see that building around Rondo is simply nutz. Suppose the POTUS makes another off-hand joke about Rondo's need to improve his shooting? The entire franchise collapses. Can't take that chance. Ski... will you be leaving us if/when RR gets traded? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I'll offer to leave if he gets traded if you offer to leave if he doesn't. Deal? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

A source who has spent time recently with Paul insisted yesterday that the Hornets star considers the Celtics a non-starter for his career, and has no intention of signing an extension to play with the C’s in the long term.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He will come if he is traded.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

the name on the front of the jersey is all that matters at the end of the day whether or not we have certain afflictions or an affection because of or toward one or another player.  Go Celts! with or without Rondo.  But I think we are going to end up with Rondo by the end of the week and I don't see this as a sink hole for the future of the Celtics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How the Rondo Rumor Mill Works. : I'll offer to leave if he gets traded if you offer to leave if he doesn't. Deal? 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Negative, friend. Offers don't mean a thing.

I'm staying until the last dog dies.

Rondowski may have to change his name though.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Rondowski is not changing his name come hell or highwater.

Unhealthy obsessions, like the one involving Rondo, tend to run their course or end up in undiagnosed insanity.  Trade Rondo or keep him, it doesn't matter: some of you will find someone to hate on, no matter who is on the team.

That's what obsessions are all about.  LoL.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

nicely put, rondowski. gotta wonder what in tarnation is wrong with some of these people. i'm expecting young rondo to turn in a fine season. surely do hope it's in boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]nicely put, rondowski. gotta wonder what in tarnation is wrong with some of these people. i'm expecting young rondo to turn in a fine season. surely do hope it's in boston.

Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

-

Hey, it's Boston: nothing's ever good enough.

It's a regional illness that people carry with them, even when they leave.

I thank the gods I don't believe in that it's only carried by the infected and that most of us are immune from the self-loathing that lies at the root of it.

-

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]- Rondowski is not changing his name come hell or highwater. Unhealthy obsessions, like the one involving Rondo, tend to run their course or end up in undiagnosed insanity.  Trade Rondo or keep him, it doesn't matter: some of you will find someone to hate on, no matter who is on the team. That's what obsessions are all about.  LoL.

Just teasing ya, ski.

Talk about obsession, how did that 1000 post "Tainted Championship" thread turn out for you and the "tainters."

Remember this little tidbit? Those were the good old days for sure.

Pud

"Of course the Taint won't be removed just because a new season begins.  The Taint is biblical in nature, like that that came down and took all the first born sons of those with Taint on them.  I predict that the Fakers will suffer for generations to come with a plague of curses that has of yet not been unfurled.  I suppose that the plague of curses will begin sometime after the ring ceremony and the raising of the tainted banner.

Someday they will make a movie about the Taint based on a novel yet to be written by Stephan King.

You don't mess with Taint --Taint messes with you.  May a plague of curses beset the Fakers and their trolls for multiple generations to come and then sum and may bad luck be the only luck they ever have, and curses, too, be on the heads of the corrupt officials and executives and gamblers who perpetrated the Taint.  If it's better to be lucky than good then let them be neither & forever.

May the Taint be with you.  Always."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

To be sure the Taint thread turned out to be over 1000 posts long and put the laker trolls in their place and it took the like of whiners and loser to get it shut down.  I consider it a major victory for all true Celtic fans.

I remember running someone right off the board into the arms of the moderators to get my posts deleted, but I still got them:  I can reprise them for all here to peruse if that's needed.

I like my quote: it's good writing, creative and funny at the same time.  It was right then, and it's right now, and it's nothing to do with obsession but with putting trolls in their place.

Does that ring a bell?

May the Taint be with you, always.

-

https://twitter.com/#!/RajonRondowski

-

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]- I remember running someone right off the board into the arms of the moderators to get my posts deleted, but I still got them:  I can reprise them for all here to peruse if that's needed. I like my quote. It was right then, and it's right now, and it's nothing to do with obsession but with putting trolls in their place. Does that ring a bell? May the Taint be with you, always. - https://twitter.com/#!/RajonRondowski -

You were going after WAY more than trolls. You were going after alleged corruption in the highest places in the NBA.

Stern, the refs, team owners, players, gamblers... and anyone who disagreed with you at BDC.... the whole ball of wax.

I would call that a serious obsession.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How the Rondo Rumor Mill Works. :

You were going after WAY more than trolls. You were going after alleged corruption in the highest places in the NBA. Stern, the refs, team owners, players, gamblers... and anyone who disagreed with you at BDC.... the whole ball of wax.

I would call that a serious obsession. Pud

Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

-

Wrong.  It's a mission.

May the Taint be with you.  Always.

"Of course the Taint won't be removed just because a new season begins.  The Taint is biblical in nature, like that that came down and took all the first born sons of those with Taint on them.  I predict that the Fakers will suffer for generations to come with a plague of curses that has of yet not been unfurled.  I suppose that the plague of curses will begin sometime after the ring ceremony and the raising of the tainted banner.

Someday they will make a movie about the Taint based on a novel yet to be written by Stephan King.

You don't mess with Taint --Taint messes with you.  May a plague of curses beset the Fakers and their trolls for multiple generations to come and then sum and may bad luck be the only luck they ever have, and curses, too, be on the heads of the corrupt officials and executives and gamblers who perpetrated the Taint.  If it's better to be lucky than good then let them be neither & forever.

May the Taint be with you.  Always."

-

https://twitter.com/#!/RajonRondowski

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How the Rondo Rumor Mill Works. : - Wrong.  It's a mission. May the Taint be with you.  Always. "Of course the Taint won't be removed just because a new season begins.  The Taint is biblical in nature, like that that came down and took all the first born sons of those with Taint on them.  I predict that the Fakers will suffer for generations to come with a plague of curses that has of yet not been unfurled.  I suppose that the plague of curses will begin sometime after the ring ceremony and the raising of the tainted banner. Someday they will make a movie about the Taint based on a novel yet to be written by Stephan King. You don't mess with Taint --Taint messes with you.  May a plague of curses beset the Fakers and their trolls for multiple generations to come and then sum and may bad luck be the only luck they ever have, and curses, too, be on the heads of the corrupt officials and executives and gamblers who perpetrated the Taint.  If it's better to be lucky than good then let them be neither & forever. May the Taint be with you.  Always." - https://twitter.com/#!/RajonRondowski

An obsessive mission for sure.

And then you started after the moderators who were deleting your  posts as quickly as you could (re)post them, claiming that BDC was part of the corruption trying to restrict your freedom of speech. 

Did you accomplish anything?

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

If the Celtics trade Rondo they would make a big mistake for this deal.  Rondo is the top 3 point guard in the NBA. The Celtics need is a defensive player like Ron Artest who can guard and scores on anyones.