How to beat The Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

How to beat The Heat

I'm not sure why its so difficult to teams, I think its pretty straight forward.

1. Man to man the 3pt shooters: Ray, Battier, Miller, Chalmers, Cole. Do not give up corner 3's

2. Discourage drives with a few early, hard fouls

3. Encourage jump shooting of Lebron & Wade, eliminate second chance opportunities

4. Rebound missed jump shots

5. Take high % shots on offense, so that the defense can set.

Do not get into track-meet with the heat. We can not out run/athletic them. Even if we got faster, we beat them by slowing it down. Make it a jump-shooting contest. Do everything to discourage the drive. Do not let them get the easy 3pt shots. The heat have gotten better this year because they are so un-selfish, they move the ball well, and keep moving it until they get the best shot. Give them shots early in the shot clock. Tempt Wade and Lebron to take mid-range shots.

I think anything else is foolish.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: How to beat The Heat

great points, easier said than done of course

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Your plan is similar to a politician plan.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

R9R,

The only way for Celtics beat the Heat is a) have healthy core and, b) pray that it's 5-on-5 game (vs 5-on-8).

AK

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

i agree but you have to get the low post players first.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

The only way you beat the Heat is, get better.  Very difficult to play the Heat man to man at the 3pt line and prevent Labron or Wade getting to the basket.  You can foul Labron all you want, he's still going to the rim.  You need good team D, bottom line and they don't have that yet but I think they will.  I would rather have them take the deep three than the rim.  Pick your poison

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only way you beat the Heat is, get better.  Very difficult to play the Heat man to man at the 3pt line and prevent Labron or Wade getting to the basket.  You can foul Labron all you want, he's still going to the rim.  You need good team D, bottom line and they don't have that yet but I think they will.  I would rather have them take the deep three than the rim.  Pick your poison

[/QUOTE]

Thats my point, you have to pick your poison. The Heat will kill you with open 3's and they'll kill you driving to the basket because they are the best finishers and get the "superstar" calls. You got to entice Lebron and especially Wade to hit jump shots. We go out there trying to play incredible defense and we expend all this energy and then in the last 5 seconds of the shotclock the defense finally breaks down or they get the open 3.

Play good defense my making them take decent percentage jump-shots. No drives, no 3's. But easier said than done.