How to Beat the Heat

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: How to Beat the Heat

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gortat 3 points, 1-7 FGs, 3 rebounds, and 2 blocks at the end of the 3rd qtr. 

Many here think Gortat and Varejao have the same value. I don't think so. Gortat will be cheaper than Varejao, that's for sure.

[/QUOTE]

Gortat would improve  this team  as much as  Bradley woiuld.

We need both of them to have  a shot this year.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Fierce are the Knicks that good? "

Umm no - they live by the three point shot. They are good but not elite. 'Melo has never proven he can win at the highest level in this league. I'm far more concerned about the Nets, a much more well rounded team without the Melo and Amare ego headaches. 

As for the Heat Fierce is right they are small and more beatable than I thought for several reasons, including Wade who is looking pretty clunky and old. 

Of course Commie would insist Ray Allen is an all star and doing so many things for the Heat but he played 33 minutes tonight and did nothing. LIke any veteran his age he'll have good and bad games...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"We need both of them to have  a shot this year."

Yep - I'm baffled by those who think trading Bradley is a good idea - not that any team will want him till he shows he can play this year. 

"Bradley makes Lee expendable."

Yah. I like Lee but if Bradley can stay on the court, look for Ainge to trade Lee and/or possibly Jeff Green if he ups his game for the best big he can find.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

The problem is that if we keep AB, Terry and Rondo and trade Lee our backcourt is scary small which will cause huge problems against teams like the nets. It is not always on the players pure talent it is also about the team assembly.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Fierce are the Knicks that good? "

Umm no - they live by the three point shot. They are good but not elite. 'Melo has never proven he can win at the highest level in this league. I'm far more concerned about the Nets, a much more well rounded team without the Melo and Amare ego headaches. 

As for the Heat Fierce is right they are small and more beatable than I thought for several reasons, including Wade who is looking pretty clunky and old. 

Of course Commie would insist Ray Allen is an all star and doing so many things for the Heat but he played 33 minutes tonight and did nothing. LIke any veteran his age he'll have good and bad games...

[/QUOTE]

Right now the Knicks are an elite team. Their record says so. But will they be for real in the playoffs? That remains to be seen.

What I like about the Knicks now is their unselfishness. I think Jason Kidd has a lot to do with it.

They depend on the 3-point shot a lot, true. But they're not forcing the shots, it's from swinging the ball from side to side.

We'll find out for sure if they're really elite in the playoffs. But right now they sure look like an elite team. Only turning the ball over 11 times per game is remarkable.

[/QUOTE]
    Agree with you that right now the Knicks are an elite team.  Didn't we already have a few threads about the Knicks and Nets a couple of weeks ago and my opinion of the Knicks hasn't changed.  They are definitely playing like an elite team and winning meaningful games.  They are not experiencing the chemistry problems that they had last season.  I believe they will end up with one of the best records in the Eastern Conference, unless they have injuries to key players. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What if we keep Lee and pair him with Bradley and sit Rondo 10 minutes a game. I think that is how we beat the Knicks - agressive backcourt pressure.

I really hope Danny give it to the Jan deadline before a trade for a Gortat-like player. It would be a shame if Doc never got the opportunity to play with his shiney new toy of a backcourt of Rondo, Bradley, Terry, Lee, Barbosa.

Lets hope they find Lee's shot before then.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Pretty simple- make  18 or 19 3 pters just like the Knicks have done in the two games they have played them.  Right at 50 percent on 3's as well.  NY is going to win most of the time when they hit that many 3pters.  They are on pace to shatter the 3pt mark for the season.  The way they got those shots?  Felton and others penetrated off the dribble, attracted help from other players, and the Knicks unselfishly kicked the ball out and didn't force the first shot that showed,  they passed 2 or 3 time on the perimeter until they were open and drained it. On the rare occasion the Miami did defend a little the Knicks  hit a contested 3.

Can they continue to do this all year?  Doubtful.  But what they can do all year if they don't lose their big players is continue to guard the paint.  Think about their big men are Thomas, who has always rebounded well, Camby who hasn't been playing but is a great shlot blocker, Tyson, great shot blocker, and Wallace,  very good shot blocker..  That is guarding the paint. Add Kidd as a well above average defender and well,  you have a pretty good defensive team. So here you have it.  The Knicks are 4th in the league in scoring,  add in that they are 8th in the league in points allowed,  very good recipe.  What they are NOT doing is rebounding.  They are averaging under 40 rebounds a game, which is 26th overall. They are also not very good in the assist department.  25th.  

So the do have some flaws as show here in some stats that will eventually show up, but good 3 pt shooting will cover a lot of those flaws.  In my opinion they will come back to earth some.  They will still contend for our division.  We now have the toughest division in all of bar none.  With that being said I still think the Celtics will be heard from whether its in the regular season or during the playoffs.  I think most teams know once the real show starts they know what we can do.

Even though Doc doesn't have a clue, or doesn't "get it", Paul Pierce is a ball hog, turnover machine, that doesn't get his points the right way,  Rondo   is also a ball hog that is more interested in his own thats than winning, can't shoot,  KG can't play more than 5 minutes without a break, only shoots outside jumpers, Jeff Green being a total bust,  Terry not nearly as good as Ray Allen, Sully can't help us this year, Bass can't rebound a lick.   I still believe we will make plenty of noise come playoff time. Provided we pick up at least on big guy that is either a BIG power forward or a Center that can actually do something on the court.

And no I don't believe all this junk in the last paragraph about our players

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts