How was the crummy Marc Gasol and worthless Crittendon ever have traded for Pau?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

How was the crummy Marc Gasol and worthless Crittendon ever have traded for Pau?

The evidence was once again in front of our eyes.  Marc Gasol is so athletically limited that any defense of the ultimate absurd trade should be laid to rest.  Last season there were actually Laker posters here who tried to justify the Fony trade to make Pau a Faker.  Any theories?  As long as Pau wears purple, all other teams in the league deserve to know.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgb52. Show dgb52's posts

Re: How was the crummy Marc Gasol and worthless Crittendon ever have traded for Pau?

Bet you would take him over Perkins

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

Re: How was the crummy Marc Gasol and worthless Crittendon ever have traded for Pau?

dgb52,

That is a interesting theory of yours.  Not really.   Saynig you think Perk is worse than Marc does not explain why an all star center/forward was traded for what we saw on the court last night.  Want to try again. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

West's awful trade for the Lakers and FU to Memphis on the way out. Lucky for Memphis a former Celtic Chris Wallace is running things there and he traded for Zach Randoph, but not until after West hung is former emloyer out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

I always felt there should have been an investigation into that trade by the league.  One thing that people often forget is that the Pau trade was done weeks before the trade deadline for a player that was in high demand (Chicago was very active and had better pieces to offer) which you never see happen.  Logic would dictate that you wait and sift through all potential offers instead of taking the first one that comes your way.  With that said Marc Gasol has proven to be a much better player than we believed at the time of the trade (he is playing hurt). 

Not sure how some people can claim that this deal was no different than the C's getting Garnett when Jefferson was and is a superior talent (and yes Gomes and Telfair still kick around the league and log minutes-both are currently starting for Clips and Wolves respectively.  Don't know where Gerald Green currently is..but he did surface somewhere last year).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

if someone wants a test on how fair that trade was compared to McHale giving us KG, heres a good one.

If the Lakers can have marc gasol back and keep pau and the Celtics can have Big AL back and keep KG too, which team is better? wat a joke

lol can u imagine just adding Big AL to our team now? 

stern on jim rome when asked who he would like to see in the finals....."lakers vs lakers."  P O S 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

It's unfair to refer to Marc Gasol as crummy. He's only 25 years old, while older brother Pau is already 30. He's already been an MVP (2008) of the Spanish League, and a member of the Spanish teams that won the gold medal at the 2006 FIBA World Championship and the 2009 FIBA European Championships. If anything, he's still learning the NBA game like Semih Erden. He's starting to put up big numbers for the Grizzlies, although inconsistently. He will only get better with time.  I won't be surprised if the Lakers make a move for him in the future. In my opinion, the Celtics should closely watch his development. As they say, "You can't teach 7 feet."

I can't say the same about Crittenton who seems to have disappeared into oblivion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I wonder about that trade from the start.  I thought it might have had to do with money but I dont know what Pau was making at the time.  It was definately a  steal for the Lakers because they got a starter for virtually nothing.  At least the C's traded a starter and another starter/6th man and some youth for KG.  Not sure what Memphis was thinking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Be prepared for lakers trolls coming out of the woodwork on this one!!

Do not let them bring up the KG trade.  Remember, the  Wolves turned DOWN Odom and Bynum for KG, before the history-making 5 for 1 deal (and 2 picks).  Gomes is in Portland (?) now, I think, Gerald Greene is in China, Theo is riding the pine for the lakers and Big Al is in Utah (first place Utah, btw).  The only one left is Telfair, and he starts..........apples and oranges.

West retired in 2007, and has denied having anything to do with the trade.  He was, however, a consultant, and that would be like saying Danny never consulted Red...............well, sort of!

Lastly, guys, although Memphis was trying to "cut" salary, the trade stinks from top to bottom.  Bynum got hurt, and the lakers knew they couldn't win with the immortal Kwame Brown at Center.  And with koME whining about being traded the summer before, that put the wheels in motion.  But not until AFTER Bynum got hurt!!
    So, to "cut" salary, Memphis took Brown and Crittendon, that's okay.  They also wanted a second round pick who had never played a minute in the NBA named Marc Gasol (no salary).  I guess that's okay.  But the trade still didn't match up.....................SO, the lakers traded the salary of Aaron McKie, who was retired and coaching for the 76'ers to make the numbers work.  All McKie had to do was NOT report to Memphis for one day, and the whole deal would have crumbled.  It stinks so badly, it is not allowed anymore.  Here's Phil's comment (taken from http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3226203):

The Grizzlies will get the Lakers' first-round draft choices in 2008 and 2010; guard Aaron McKie, signed earlier Friday for salary cap purposes; cash considerations, and the rights to Gasol's brother Marc, a 2007 second-round pick of Los Angeles.

"That's something you haven't seen before," Jackson said with a chuckle.

And here is Chris Wallace's comment, which solidifies that the whole thing stinks!!  (meaning he could have done better):

We're a 13-win team, so when you're in that situation, you've got to make moves," Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace said. "Brown was the largest expiring contact we could find in the league where we also got back an attractive young player like Crittenton ... and multiple first-round picks."

Javarius Crittenton is SOOOOOO attractive as a young player, he is out of the league in 2010, after spending 2009 on the mighty Wiz!!

Stinks!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to How was the crummy Marc Gasol and worthless Crittendon ever have traded for Pau?:
    The evidence was once again in front of our eyes.  Marc Gasol is so athletically limited that any defense of the ultimate absurd trade should be laid to rest.  Last season there were actually Laker posters here who tried to justify the Fony trade to make Pau a Faker.  Any theories?  As long as Pau wears purple, all other teams in the league deserve to know.
    Posted by thrombosis

Here's my theory...GM Mitch Kupchak learned his craft well under his mentor Jerry West!!

Jerry West was responsible for many of the deals that created the Showtime Lakers. And I have to give him credit for the Shaq-Kobe Lakers as well as the current Lakers team. When you connect the dots, Jerry West has to be given his due for teaching Mitch Kupchak how to be a General Manager. So, any deal that Kupchak strikes as the Lakers GM, is indirectly connected to Jerry West as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: How was the crummy Marc Gasol and worthless Crittendon ever have traded for Pau?:
    In Response to How was the crummy Marc Gasol and worthless Crittendon ever have traded for Pau? : Here's my theory...GM Mitch Kupchak learned his craft well under his mentor Jerry West!! Jerry West was responsible for many of the deals that created the Showtime Lakers. And I have to give him credit for the Shaq-Kobe Lakers as well as the current Lakers team. When you connect the dots, Jerry West has to be given his due for teaching Mitch Kupchak how to be a General Manager. So, any deal that Kupchak strikes as the Lakers GM, is indirectly connected to Jerry West as well.
    Posted by Qdaddy

I find that hard to believe. Anything that Kupchak does Phil Jackson has to approve.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: How was the crummy Marc Gasol and worthless Crittendon ever have traded for Pau?:
    In Response to Re: How was the crummy Marc Gasol and worthless Crittendon ever have traded for Pau? : I find that hard to believe. Anything that Kupchak does Phil Jackson has to approve.
    Posted by P34

Actually, I think the converse is true.  A few years ago, Phil was worried that his team was average, and he told Mitch to draft Danny Granger.  Mitch didn't listen to him at all and went for some guy named Bynum.  They don't listen to phil, he is just the coach...............................Kupchak only answers to Jerry!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgb52. Show dgb52's posts

In Response to Re: How was the crummy Marc Gasol and worthless Crittendon ever have traded for Pau? : Actually, I think the converse is true.  A few years ago, Phil was worried that his team was average, and he told Mitch to draft Danny Granger.  Mitch didn't listen to him at all and went for some guy named Bynum.  They don't listen to phil, he is just the coach...............................Kupchak only answers to Jerry!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

It Was Jim Buss who wanted Andrew Bynum

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Two words - Jerry West. Like a wolf in sheep's clothing, he positioned, orchestrated and consumated the deal on behalf of his beloved Lakers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Two words - Jerry West. Like a wolf in sheep's clothing, he positioned, orchestrated and consumated the deal on behalf of his beloved Lakers.
    Posted by Eldunker

So are you thinking he hypnotized Chris Wallace or what?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamhereman. Show iamhereman's posts

NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA
    $18.99 Discount Sports jerseys
    High quality
    Since last year 5,000 people have purchased on our site
    get more sports product!
    Please visit:
    www.bbeststore.com

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: How was the crummy Marc Gasol and worthless Crittendon ever have traded for Pau? : Actually, I think the converse is true.  A few years ago, Phil was worried that his team was average, and he told Mitch to draft Danny Granger.  Mitch didn't listen to him at all and went for some guy named Bynum.  They don't listen to phil, he is just the coach...............................Kupchak only answers to Jerry!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

You are absolutely correct Hedley...however, they do get Phil's input. Kupchak, like Danny Ainge, has to figure out how the contracts will work and what draft trades can be thrown in or asked for. Having a real smart GM can pay great dividends. Look at the title contenders (Lakers, Heat, Celtics) and the bottom feeders (Knicks, Kings, Clippers).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If the Celtics offered the Lakers Semih Erden for a 1st round pick I think the Lakers will not hesitate to say YES!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Whoever made the Gasol deal was the same person who made the KG deal. BTW, how have the TWolves done since?

"Let him without sin cast the first stone."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: How was the crummy Marc Gasol and worthless Crittendon ever have traded for Pau? : Wow! Going Biblical?  I didn't know TROLLS believed in Jesus. I'm shocked!
    Posted by P34

How could you, that requires the ability to read!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: How was the crummy Marc Gasol and worthless Crittendon ever have traded for Pau? : How could you, that requires the ability to read!
    Posted by RUMcHale

Pastors always tell us that the devil is very well-versed in the Bible. After your shocking revelation I guess the pastors were right.

Sections
Shortcuts