How would you feel about Paul ending his career with the Lakers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

How would you feel about Paul ending his career with the Lakers?

Certainly a possibility.

I don't think I would be as upset as Ray going to the Heat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: How would you feel about Paul ending his career with the Lakers?

NO - Clips ok, NOT them!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Are you kidding me? Ray came here, when he already was with 2 teams before and was already past his prime. PP is a celtics great who spend his entire career in Boston. He was our captain for how many years? His jersey will be retired in Boston and Ray's not so much. Furthermore, LA is our arch rival, while Miami is a team with a short history.

Hardly the same IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

Not quite comparable but we've seen players go to the Yankees. And we got over it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

who cares where he goes?  this is the modern nba where players will drop a team in a heartbeat.  it happens all the time.  if paul won't stay here for the right price next year then he has to go away.  it's just that simple. 

if he stays it has to be cheap.  and if he goes he will only sign for the MLE to try to "win one" with a contender.  so he should, after all these hundreds of millions of $ we've paid him, stay here for a little less than the MLE.  see?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Nauseated.  With so few players playing and finishing careers with one team, Pierce deserves the Celtics' respect for what he's meant to the team and for his accomplishments - yes, only one championship, but he's never been the GM.  Were I to make decisions, I'd keep him, let him start for the first half of the regular season, come off the bench (fewer minutes) in the second and be fresh for the playoffs.  Taking one day off here or there wouldn't be enough to save his best for last, and he still has what the team needs.  Green's emergence doesn't yet provide the leadership (and swag) necessary.  By the way, Green will be much better next year when he's two years out from surgery - it takes that long for a full and complete recovery.

Pierce should be a lifer in Boston.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

HA! I think most of you are assuming that Paul wants to spend his entire career with the Celtics. I think he wants to experience another team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

I'd rather have Piece finish out his career with the Celtics, but not at the cost of badly delaying their rebuilding effort. If he wants to take a deep home town discount, great -- would LOVE to have him coming off the bench for a couple more seasons. Also, if I'm not mistaken he'd have the opportunity to go after the franchise scoring record. But none of that is worth additional, multiple seasons in NBA purgatory. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Well at least PP will know he will have to come off the bench and the C's no lnger have to justify it by his salary...especially after that horrid performance last night. Ainge needs to tell him and make it perfectly clear so PP can make a good decision.

Green is the new starting SF. Rondo and AB will be the starting guards.

PP needs to play the role of McHale or Hondo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

He should be able to retire as a Celtic

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I would rather delay rebuilding than see PP go to the FAKERS.  I think he will be bought out and brought back on the cheap.  He has to understand it is for the good of the team.  If it is about what he has done, then he hasn't done anything since winning the 'chip in 08.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I would hate it.  He would never do it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Maybe if they had Rondo and Sully, they would have gotten past the Knicks, maybe. Pierce didn't help at all against the Knicks, he looked well past it. From a loyalty point they will probably offer him a contract, from a business point they should either pay him the $5 mil and release him. or do a sign and trade deal for younger athletic forward, or draft pick. Doubt any team would give up much for Pierce, but who knows, some GM may think he's the missing piece. 

He was awful against the Knicks, couldn't score, couldn't defend. Time to close the book. The NBA is a business, first and foremost. Harsh but true, if they pay him a max contract, they have rocks in their heads. The Lakers would be the last team looking for another over the hill veteran. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Wouldn't mind it at all if it brought us Pau Gasol , throw in Lee , Terry or Bass to make the salary match

for Steve Nash ?  I don't think so....

Pau Gasol would be great playing beside KG

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

Wouldn't mind it at all if it brought us Pau Gasol , throw in Lee , Terry or Bass to make the salary match

for Steve Nash ?  I don't think so....

Pau Gasol would be great playing beside KG

Never would happen

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Paul and Kobe aren't going to be on the same team, too much "old guy overlap." 

So the OP is wasting our time pretty much. 

Pierce to the Clippers is far more feasible.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from timgm. Show timgm's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Certainly a possibility.

I don't think I would be as upset as Ray going to the Heat.

Dont care any where but here. He is old grey and in the way!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

Love it. Paul ending his career with the Lakers means the Lakers will dominate for years. DH12 + CP3 = the second edition of Shaq + Kobe, without the animosity...

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to KingShaq's comment:

Love it. Paul ending his career with the Lakers means the Lakers will dominate for years. DH12 + CP3 = the second edition of Shaq + Kobe, without the animosity...

Never ROFLMAO this hard in a long time.

Seriously, the thread is talking about Paul Pierce and you think it's Chris Paul?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Get a laugh, and take the LMAO part, you need it.

The subject said "Paul". Isn't Chris Paul "Paul"?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

Even if the Lakers amnesty Kobe, it's impossible the Lakers end up with CP3 because the Lakers can't sign an unrestricted free-agent because they're over the salary cap.

Can you say dumbest troll ever?

Umm... didn't see anything about signing UFA or doing it in the summer of 2013 on the subject line, did you? Making assumptions again?

There are lots of way that CP3 can end up on the Lakers lap. Remember the "Kwame Brown + rights of Marc for Pau" heist?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In response to KingShaq's comment:

Umm... didn't see anything about signing UFA or doing it in the summer of 2013 on the subject line, did you? Making assumptions again?

There are lots of way that CP3 can end up on the Lakers lap. Remember the "Kwame Brown + rights of Marc for Pau" heist?

CP3 and DH12 are UFAs. The Lakers are a team over the tax apron. They can't do any sign and trades.

Here:

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/02/20/cba-trade-deadline.ap/index.html

To make matters worse, any team that exceeds the cap "apron" - which is $4 million over the existing luxury tax level - is not allowed to bring in a player in a sign-and-trade deal.

The Lakers traded Kwame Brown's expiring contract for Pau Gasol at the trade deadline. There's a big difference between acquiring Pau Gasol for an expiring contract and doing a S&T for CP3 after the season is over.

Once again I've proven that your the dumbest troll ever!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

once again remedial reading  is what you need. where is it said s&t? where is it said doing it in 2013? you sure know about yourself (the dumbest troll part) really well.

if you don't know what other ways can the lakers acquire paul, just ask. educating you is always my mission...