Howard talking to Mavs & Rockets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Howard talking to Mavs & Rockets

Is this really a surprise??? Only to the most dilusional, European trippin Slacker fans....

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/19/4346562/dwight-howard-free-agency-rumors-rockets-mavericks

Thanks Jimmy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Howard talking to Mavs & Rockets

Berger also notes that Howard could save $10 million in state income tax by playing in Texas.

This is happening all the time...people leaving Calif for Texas and other states because of high income taxes...That's a lot of hamburger...

But really in the end, its the DRAMA, that will make him leave...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

ha ha - if Howard goes to another team the Laker trolls will be quiet for a long long time in here. Seems like just yesterday they were gloating about the Howard signing and handing out rings....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

is does not bother me if he decides to leave

he is not someone who can really lead a team

he needs to do some growing up

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to dirty52's comment:

If the Lakers don't have Dwight Howard then the future looks bleak.

Bleak and Meek!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bleak - except for the half time show - Pau's singing voice is really coming along:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXSSP6Ujwg

At the 12-second mark in the video, notice the look being given to Pau by the key-board player! It has "contemplating mercy k i l l" written all over it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

Well said. He will not be the piece that makes a team a championship. He has lots of growing up to do and he is just not that good. If there were other 7's in the league, Howard would just disappear. But since he is really the only one, he stands out, but not for good reasons.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Dirk and certainly Harden are better 'sidekicks' for the future than a player with 50,000 career minutes and a torn achilles

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Berger also notes that Howard could save $10 million in state income tax by playing in Texas.

This is happening all the time...people leaving Calif for Texas and other states because of high income taxes...That's a lot of hamburger...

Howard left Florida for California.

True..but something tells me he wants to be the MAN and lead a team to the title..

and may not want to play second fiddle to Kome anymore...it did not end well....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Howard left Florida for California.

Wasn't it a trade?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

IMO there are several very real possibilites for this clown this summer:

I think it is 50 - 50 he stays with the lakers

Under the heading - HE STAYS:

1.  He takes his 5 year, 105 mill contract, keeps his mouth shut, and just plays ball - chances: 5%

2.  He takes his 5 year, 105 mill contract if and only if the lakers fire D'Antoni - chances: 25%

3.  He takes his contract and demands certain players (may or may not include kobe or Pau) - be traded/released - chances:  20%

4.  He does a combination of 2 and 3.........chances: 50%

Note that in 2, 3 or 4 the lakers may tell him to "stick it", as a lot of teams would.

Under the Heading - HE GOES:

1.  Remembering this is DE-wight Howard here, is he the kind of guy who would ask for a sign and trade to leave the lakers AND still get his max deal?  YES - 80% chance there.

What teams?  Clips? no     Knicks?  Would you trade Chandler and Amare?  NO  Nets - possibility........Lopez, Wallace, Brooks and a #1  for Howard.  Can't see the lakers doing that, though, probably tell him to walk.    

2. Which means, he walks.

Teams that could sign him outright without involving the lakers in a sign and trade:

DAL - 40%

ATL - 25%

PHI - yes, if they clear a little cap space - 5%

CLE - 5%

DET - 5%

MIL - <5%

CHA - ha ha ha

HOU - 15%

MIN - not realistic

NOH-  ditto MN

UTAH - nope

There we have it...........simple right?  LOL

The problem, as I have stated before, is that the entire league will be waiting on CP3 and the Clown.  AFTER they decide what they are doing, many teams will go to Plan B.

Being held hostage kind of stinks, right?

For the record, I've said I think CP3 stays where he is, while DH has a 50-50 shot at leaving (my bet is he stays)

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

You know the team I think could really be good with DH?  I think he would fit perfectly in Washington.  They have lots of outside scoring.  All they need is an inside presence.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

You know the team I think could really be good with DH?  I think he would fit perfectly in Washington.  They have lots of outside scoring.  All they need is an inside presence.

They have Okafor and Nene under contract for big bucks.  I looked at them, but there is no way, unless it's a sign and trade.

And, he would have to WANT to go there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The only reason I see Howard walking is because he isn't fit to lead a team with a demanding fan base.  He wants to be "the man" but at the same time he does not desire to be held accountable by rabid fans who demand that he actually lead a team to the finals.  He can get paid somewhere else and be a star by virtue of his presence.  In LA, he'd actually have to become a leader post Kobe.  I don't see it in him based on his words and actions.  Great player, not a leader, and Kobe won't be there forever to shield him and motivate him.   Post Kobe, he's going to be the guy who gets the negative attention if the Lakers don't win.  And let's face it, there is probably a smaller market team with trade chips/cap room out there that has more young talent than the Lakers right now.         

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

HA,HA,HA!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

IMO there are several very real possibilites for this clown this summer:

I think it is 50 - 50 he stays with the lakers

Under the heading - HE STAYS:

1.  He takes his 5 year, 105 mill contract, keeps his mouth shut, and just plays ball - chances: 5%

2.  He takes his 5 year, 105 mill contract if and only if the lakers fire D'Antoni - chances: 25%

3.  He takes his contract and demands certain players (may or may not include kobe or Pau) - be traded/released - chances:  20%

4.  He does a combination of 2 and 3.........chances: 50%

Note that in 2, 3 or 4 the lakers may tell him to "stick it", as a lot of teams would.

Under the Heading - HE GOES:

1.  Remembering this is DE-wight Howard here, is he the kind of guy who would ask for a sign and trade to leave the lakers AND still get his max deal?  YES - 80% chance there.

What teams?  Clips? no     Knicks?  Would you trade Chandler and Amare?  NO  Nets - possibility........Lopez, Wallace, Brooks and a #1  for Howard.  Can't see the lakers doing that, though, probably tell him to walk.    

2. Which means, he walks.

Teams that could sign him outright without involving the lakers in a sign and trade:

DAL - 40%

ATL - 25%

PHI - yes, if they clear a little cap space - 5%

CLE - 5%

DET - 5%

MIL - <5%

CHA - ha ha ha

HOU - 15%

MIN - not realistic

NOH-  ditto MN

UTAH - nope

There we have it...........simple right?  LOL

The problem, as I have stated before, is that the entire league will be waiting on CP3 and the Clown.  AFTER they decide what they are doing, many teams will go to Plan B.

Being held hostage kind of stinks, right?

For the record, I've said I think CP3 stays where he is, while DH has a 50-50 shot at leaving (my bet is he stays)

Short and Sweet...lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

“For me, I’m going to do what’s best for myself, what’s going to make me happy,” Howard said. “At the end of the day, I can’t control who likes me and who dislikes me but I have the right to be happy. That’s what I’m going to do. That’s the biggest thing right there.”

What a Team guy....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I watched Around the Horn and PTI tonight....six panelists...including LA homer Bill Plaschke....all six agreed....DH does not fit in Los Angeles....he would be more comfortable playing is a smaller market...he also isn't the leader/centerpiece....doesn't want to be accountable as "the man"...all six agreed that he would be better off and will ultimately end up in Houston.

Jeremy Lin is a budding young point guard who is perfect for him

James Harden is the young star who garners all of the attention

DH could just do his thing (rebounding/shot blocking)

Kevin McHale would be the perfect head coach/mentor

He could win championships there

Houston and Dallas would mean no state income taxes...as Plaschke said....the bottom line money would not be all that different in Houston....and the pressure would not be on him...plus the fact that he has worn out his welcome in LA....the fans, his teammates, and the media...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

I watched Around the Horn and PTI tonight....six panelists...including LA homer Bill Plaschke....all six agreed....DH does not fit in Los Angeles....he would be more comfortable playing is a smaller market...he also isn't the leader/centerpiece....doesn't want to be accountable as "the man"...all six agreed that he would be better off and will ultimately end up in Houston.

Jeremy Lin is a budding young point guard who is perfect for him

James Harden is the young star who garners all of the attention

DH could just do his thing (rebounding/shot blocking)

Kevin McHale would be the perfect head coach/mentor

He could win championships there

Houston and Dallas would mean no state income taxes...as Plaschke said....the bottom line money would not be all that different in Houston....and the pressure would not be on him...plus the fact that he has worn out his welcome in LA....the fans, his teammates, and the media...

Well said..

Sections
Shortcuts