Howard to Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Howard to Lakers

Well if this deal goes down and the Lakers end up keeping Gasol, it's going to be tough to beat them. Nash, Kobe, Gasol, Howard is a tough group to beat. I would think they'd have to give up World Peace but signing Jamison solves that problem. They wouldn't have much of a bench but nonetheless would beat OKC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

Re: Howard to Lakers

In Response to Re: Howard to Lakers:
    [QUOTE]He's got some beauties on this one, too.  I particularly like the "he will be a laker, write it down" one............HA HA HA
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Only a fool would think otherwise.  Cool

Hey, see if you can find where I gave a specific date   Mr. I said "Nash will be a Knick"

Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]He's got some beauties on this one, too. I particularly like the "he will be a laker, write it down" one............HA HA HA[/QUOTE]

Son, be careful on this one as it may happen and then you and your compadres will look a little foolish.  Does it happen, I have no idea, but it COULD.  Enjoy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

[QUOTE]He's got some beauties on this one, too.  I particularly like the "he will be a laker, write it down" one............HA HA HA
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Another epic fail.

HA HA HA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Not a bad summer for Mitch and Jim. Having a hard time grasping the fact that this is the same front office that hired Brown.

Talent aside, DH should bring some relief from the behavior/maturity issues that seem embedded in Bynum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Mike_Bresnahan  Average age of the Lakers' starters and top two reserves (Jamison, Blake): 32.7 years. 8 minutes ago  ·  reply  ·  retweet  ·  favorite OLDEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, BAR NONE!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Dream on. There is no good way to spin this. The Lakers basically traded Bynum straight up for Howard. That's a steal. This is double whammy for the Celts, when you consider that Bynum went to the 76ers...who took the Celtics to 7 games last year, without a true center.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard to Lakers :      Dream on. There is no good way to spin this. The Lakers basically traded Bynum straight up for Howard. That's a steal. This is double whammy for the Celts, when you consider that Bynum went to the 76ers...who took the Celtics to 7 games last year, without a true center.   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Be careful what you ask for!!! The Lakers now have the most fragile team collective psyche in the NBA. Gasol is now definitely in the back seat to Howard and he will pout, we've seen it before. Kobe needs the lime light but now the little white boy is gonna control the ball and flow most of the time, Kobe's gonna pout and have his least productive season yet. Metta is but a tantrum away from being out of the league for good with his mental issues. When the Lakers lost Bynum, they lost the type of role player who fills needs in several ways and pick up the slack in all areas when needed, all while continuing to grwo and mature. I absolutely believe that the mental aspect of this new Laker team took a hit with this trade and everyone will see how destructive a force an "all about me" type of guy like DH can be when added to "all about me" Kobe. DH stating that he will not sign an extension with the Lakers already takes the shine off of kobe's shiny bald head!!! Let the posturing for who is the king of LA begin!!! Sorry Kobe.....you are in your decline and you will hear that more this year even from one of your own teammates!!!
    Tongue Out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Gasol is now definitely in the back seat to Howard and he will pout, we've seen it before. 
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]
    Huh? When have we seen it before?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard to Lakers :      Dream on. There is no good way to spin this. The Lakers basically traded Bynum straight up for Howard. That's a steal. This is double whammy for the Celts, when you consider that Bynum went to the 76ers...who took the Celtics to 7 games last year, without a true center.   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

It isn't a steal. They traded the second best center in the NBA for the best center in the NBA.  The Lakers improved for certain, but not by that much.

It will be interesting to see the chemistry this team has.  Last year it was severely lacking with the Lakers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard to Lakers : Huh? When have we seen it before?
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Google "gasol pout".  A lot of stuff comes up...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

I think people have forgotten what a great player Howard is because of the injury. We'll see.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]I think people have forgotten what a great player Howard is because of the injury. We'll see.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

Well I think that is part of the issue.  The injury.  I think the other part of the issue is chemistry.

On paper your team looks great, no doubt about it.

I think that it might be wise to see how they play together first though.  They got smoked last year in the second round, lost Bynum and added Nash and Howard.  I think it might be wise to wait 40 games into the season or so before you anoint them the next champions.  Not that you are doing so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard to Lakers : Google "gasol pout".  A lot of stuff comes up...
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    Not trying to be combative here, but nothing came up regarding pouting. He has certainly been distracted at times with the trade talk and Kobe has called out Pau plenty before, but I have never heard of him pouting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard to Lakers : Not trying to be combative here, but nothing came up regarding pouting. He has certainly been distracted at times with the trade talk and Kobe has called out Pau plenty before, but I have never heard of him pouting.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to be combative either.  I also hadn't heard of him pouting.  So I googled "gasol pout" and a lot of things came up.  Wasn't trying to be a wise azz.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard to Lakers : Well I think that is part of the issue.  The injury.  I think the other part of the issue is chemistry. On paper your team looks great, no doubt about it. I think that it might be wise to see how they play together first though.  They got smoked last year in the second round, lost Bynum and added Nash and Howard.  I think it might be wise to wait 40 games into the season or so before you anoint them the next champions.  Not that you are doing so.
    I think we have to wait 50 games, Howard isn't starting the season on time. They say he will start a month after the start of the season. Glad we kept Gasol to play center while DH12 is out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard to Lakers : I think we have to wait 50 games, Howard isn't starting the season on time. They say he will start a month after the start of the season. Glad we kept Gasol to play center while DH12 is out.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

Your guys look scary no doubt.  Not a lot of depth there though and a lot could go wrong considering Howard is the only one with relative youth of their best players and he is coming off surgery.

Would rather have your team than mine right now talent wise, but time will tell.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard to Lakers : Your guys look scary no doubt.  Not a lot of depth there though and a lot could go wrong considering Howard is the only one with relative youth of their best players and he is coming off surgery. Would rather have your team than mine right now talent wise, but time will tell.
    Celtics have a solid team but don't understand why with the cap space did not get a big man. You can not depend on twenty something's draft picks.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Yes he gave me permission. I have his blessing. Sam is the Godfather of the boards.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard to Lakers : I wasn't trying to be combative either.  I also hadn't heard of him pouting.  So I googled "gasol pout" and a lot of things came up.  Wasn't trying to be a wise azz.
    I honestly found nothing. What did you find? 

I only ask because I am not aware of Gasol ever "pouting".

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts