Howard trade possibility

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Howard trade possibility

In Response to Re: Howard trade possibility:
    [QUOTE]hedley, are you just dumb or do you have reading comprehension disorder??? Bynum, Gasol, and Odom are 3 players that any team would love to have. As in the majority of trades, other players are often included to make trades work, or to dump salary for the future. Dr. Buss is the BESt in the business at getting what he wants when he wants it. Thanks for attempting to be debbie downer, and as a celtic fan, I cannot fault your pessimism.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

He couldn't be as dumb as you if he had a lobotomy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]hedley, are you just dumb or do you have reading comprehension disorder??? Bynum, Gasol, and Odom are 3 players that any team would love to have. As in the majority of trades, other players are often included to make trades work, or to dump salary for the future. Dr. Buss is the BESt in the business at getting what he wants when he wants it. Thanks for attempting to be debbie downer, and as a celtic fan, I cannot fault your pessimism.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

A soft euro, a guy who can play 10 games without getting injured and a good bench player for the game's est center RIIIIGHT. obviously they are not good enough or the lakers would keep them for their dead title hunt. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard trade possibility : If the Lakers were to trade Bynum for Howard, it WOULD make them better from the standpoint of having a quality, durable big man. The Lakers have always had quality centers and Howard fits that description. We may not get a Chris Paul type Guard, but I think Mitch can get an "adequate" PG. I'm pretty sure Mitch would go after Howard before Chris Paul or Derron Williams if the opportunity was there.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

And it's Otis Smith's job to make the LAKERS better?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I think that our big four will all be together next year. I just dont see us getting Howard...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard trade possibility : http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/144284/20110511/dwight-howard-magic-lakers-bynum.htm http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-8362749 http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports-sentinel-sports-now/2011/02/22/espn-host-predicts-dwight-howard-will-be-with-lakers-in-future/ That enough for ya? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the links LakerNation. That just reinforces what you, me and other Laker fans have said....they're the best run franchise in the league. And the C's are saddled with...DANNY AINGE!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard trade possibility : Brian Shaw running triangle?  The big question will be Brian Shaw running the team.  Just wait, you will see them implode.  Get a defensive point guard.  But Brian will bust out trying to motivate Artest and getting Bynum and Kome to co-exist.  A kid can draw triangles on paper.  Getting players to follow is another thing.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

The latest is that Rick Adelman is the front runner. I think he'd be an excellent choice. He's done more with less talent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard trade possibility : Means nothing to me and I don't have the time!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'll give you the Reader's Digest version...they all make a good case for Dwight Howard being traded to L.A. And if that happens even the Miami Superfriends won't be able to stop another Lakers title run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard trade possibility : Gasol is a player anyone would love to have - but not at 3 and 57 - understand? Odom has already been around the league, and his rep speaks for itself - 2 yrs 16? Bynum is NOT as good as Howard, and I wouldn't make that trade because the improvement will be negligible.   you need a PG 3 yrs 36 mill Again, WHY is ORL doing this?? Bynum for PAUL is interesting, but hurts your frontcourt length!!

Bynum is the only center that is Howard's equal. And if you had seen their game in February, you'd know that Bynum actually outplayed Howard.

If you had taken the time to read LakerNation's links, you'd know WHY Orlando would make this trade...they would risk losing him for nothing like Cleveland did with LeBron.

You guys have been constantly saying "no one wants to trade with Kupchak" or "the Laker's are WAY over the cap"...you fail to realize that there are 31 other teams out there with needs and if they see that a Lakers trade can benefit them, they'll be open to negotiating. The NBA is A BUSINESS. No team is better at making moves to keep them competitive than the Lakers. You ALL know that just by looking at their trade history over the past 25 years. It's because of that that they've been able to catch the Celtics in Championships...well, to get within one.

If they land Dwight Howard, the Lakers will put some distance between them and your championships.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

KG for Howard during 2011-2012 Season? I would LOVE to keep KG but i would also LOVE to have Howard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard trade possibility : And it's Otis Smith's job to make the LAKERS better?

It's Otis Smith's job to make the best deal possible for his team. If he wants to keep his job, do you think he's going to let Howard leave and get nothing in return?! Don't you think he watched the entire LeBron debacle play out?! I'm not saying this trade is GOING to happen, but it certainly looks like trade winds are blowing in Orlando. Despite what some of you have been saying, the Lakers have the pieces that would make this trade work.

Unlike some of you, Otis Smith understands that it's a business. He'll set aside any differences that he might have with the Lakers and/or Mitch Kupchak to save his skin. And if that means trading Dwight Howard to the Lakers, don't think he wouldn't do it. Trading for Andrew Bynum is a risk, but so is hanging on to Howard and letting him walk away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]KG for Howard during 2011-2012 Season? I would LOVE to keep KG but i would also LOVE to have Howard. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
    Posted by MrTrippleDouble[/QUOTE]

KG for Howard?! Please!

Someone already posted that the C's don't have ANY tradeable players that would bring them Dwight Howard. And I'm pretty sure that Otis Smith is surveying the NBA landscape and lining up those teams that could put together a trade package for Dwight Howard. The Celtics are probably in the bottom third of that list. The Lakers are most likely at the top.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Howard trade possibility:
    [QUOTE]  While the Celtics will have plenty of money to pay Howard to come in as a free agent next summer, Orlando may prefer to trade him and get something back, rather than winding up empty-handed as Cleveland did with Lebron last summer.  Also, there's chatter that Dwight "doesn't want to go to Boston," "hates cold weather," etc. that might hurt the C's chances of bringing him in as a free agent (although - I've never seen a source cited for those statements, so I don't put too much stock in them; also, didn't we often hear that KG would refuse to come to Boston back in 2007?).  Bottom line, though, is that Howard might not be there if Boston waits to nab him as a free agent - so, what about a trade?   This one requires us to touch some "sacred cows," but it could really help both teams, and it works on the ESPN trade machine:  trade KG, Rondo, and JO to Orlando for Dwight Howard and Gilbert Arenas.    Why it works for Boston:  they get Dwight Howard and still have plenty of money left to go after either Chris Paul or Deron Williams next summer as free agents (and having Dwight on the roster would make Boston a much more attractive destination for them).  Anything from Arenas would be a bonus - he's basically there just to make the salaries work.  It would hurt to lose KG - I love that guy's defense and leadership, but business is business.  I also hate to lose Rondo - he's at the very least a top 10 point guard in this league, but if Paul or Williams can be lured in by adding Dwight, it's worth giving him up (even if it means depending on Delonte and Avery Bradley at PG in the meantime.  JO's just a bit player at this point and very expendable since if this actually happened the C's would be all set at center.   Why it works for Orlando:  they avoid losing Dwight for nothing.  Instead, they get KG, who is still first-team all defense and one of the best power forwards in the league; Rondo, who is young, also first-team all defense this year and (warts and all) a great and unique talent; and JO, who is a serviceable center - between him and KG, that almost fills the void Howard would leave.  Plus, by adding Rondo, the Magic could trade Nelson to get another good big man (or if they really think Nelson's better than Rondo, they could pass Rondo on via trade).  Plus they get to dump Arenas' contract.   I can see both teams coming out better in the long run from this.  For next year, the Celtics could have a roster of: PG-Delonte West in 2011-2012 with a good chance of adding Chris Paul or Deron Williams for 2012-2013 (Delonte could then move to the bench) SG-Ray Allen SF-Paul Pierce PF-Jeff Green C-Dwight Howard Bench - Gilbert Arenas, Avery Bradley, Glen Davis (if he doesn't leave as a FA)... after that it gets pretty uncertain as to who'll even be here.    This would be a team with a pretty thin bench, but a very good starting lineup (nice mix of youth, experience, and talent) in 2011-2012 and a great starting lineup in 2012-2013 if you add either Paul or Williams.   Will it happen?  Probably not - there are so many trade scenarios out there that the chances of any one of them actually happening are slim.  But I think this is a very realistic trade that helps both teams moving forward (BTW - according to the trade machine, it's a dead-even trade in the short term with both teams projecting to -2 wins; but this trade is just the first step for Boston in luring that top-tier PG as a free agent next summer).   The other caveat in all this is the looming lockout.  Keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't mess everything up.
    Posted by Shamrocks4ever[/QUOTE]

Not 24 hours has passed and all the desperation and panic has set in.  In addition to the cold New England weather consider the fact Boston has a reputation for being extremely racist.  That may factor into Howard's thinking as well. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

That would be ugly, Delonte as starting point for the C's in 2011-2012.  I don't think Danny is going to move KG, RR, RA, or PP, instead he'll work on getting a second unit that can click

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I will bet you right now Qdaddy that Howard for Bynum will never happen straight up.  A lot more for the now permanently scared bush leaguer and some other major Laker pieces is the only way.  
    Bynum is not even close to as good as Howard. And I believe you know that.

Also consider Orlando is not a farm club for your Lakers. After Shaq they will never give up Howard to the Lakers unless they pay through the nose.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard trade possibility : Sure, now that must be the reason.........that is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard!!

Who don't you stop while you're behind?  You're being schooled by Lakers Fans!!! An embarassment to other Celtics fans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howard trade possibility : Orlando will make the trade for the same reasons Philly traded us Wilt, Milwaukee traded us kareem and Orlando traded us Shaq. You can't fight Laker Tradition.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Laker Tradition.....

You are aware that Shaq wasn't traded, but signed with us as a Free Agent? There goes that line of 'tradtion'. There is a world of difference between a trade and a free agent signing. We gave up nothing to sign Shaq.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]Let's be reasonable here. There's no combination of players on the Celtics roster whom the Magic would want in return for an elite impact player of Dwight Howard's caliber. Rajon Rondo would be the only intriguing piece, and he's nowhere near enough of an asset to land Howard. Realistically, Howard will either stay in Orlando, or be traded to a team that (A) can absorb Orlando's bad contracts and (B) replenish the organization with several talented players. While there could be a surprise club that meets this criteria (Dallas? Oklahoma City?), the obvious trade partner is the Los Angeles Lakers. If I were Otis Smith, I'd make the following offer: To LAL: Dwight Howard, Gilbert Arenas, Hedo Turkoglu. To ORL: Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, Ron Artest. The Lakers could use the MLE to sign a C/PF: someone like Nenad Krstic would fit well. Perhaps they could combine Walton, Blake and some draft picks into a semi-decent PG/SG. In any event, while their bench would be a lot thinner, the Howard-Kobe duo would be tough to stop, and Turkoglu is a good complimentary player on the right team. From Orlando's perspective, the Magic would clear a ton of deadweight and basically trade Howard for four very useful players, three of whom can start. Even though they lose Howard, their overall team improves. I see this as a win-win for both the Magic and Lakers.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

LA would not give up those 4 to get Howard and then take on those terrible contracts of Turk and Arenas.
    Nobody is going to give anything for Blake and Walton...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]I will bet you right now Qdaddy that Howard for Bynum will never happen straight up.  A lot more for the now permanently scared bush leaguer and some other major Laker pieces is the only way.   Bynum is not even close to as good as Howard. And I believe you know that. Also consider Orlando is not a farm club for your Lakers. After Shaq they will never give up Howard to the Lakers unless they pay through the nose.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Maybe not. But EVERY team in the NBA including the Celtics, would make a REAL offer for Andrew Bynum...and YOU know that. You guys let your "feelings" interfere with making a trade that would help your team. Even though Danny Ainge is one of the most inept GM's in the league, he'll pull the trigger on a trade if he could get Bynum. That's why guys like you and me AREN'T NBA GM's. I would find it distasteful making a trade with the C's and so would you...but that's why they pay DA and Kupchak top dollar. They set their personal feelings aside.

So you don't think Bynum is Howard's equal? This from ESPN, from their March 14th game:

"Bynum had 10 points, a career high-tying 18 rebounds and four blocks while hounding Howard into nine turnovers -- four more than the entire Lakers squad -- in another eye-catching low-post game for the Lakers' young center."

and this...

"Howard had 22 points and 15 rebounds for the Magic, who couldn't get rolling offensively in the second half of this 2009 NBA Finals rematch. The Lakers all remembered last month's meeting in Orlando, in which Howard dominated with 31 points and 13 rebounds while barely missing a shot.

"I just think they came out and played better in the second half, especially with their post defense," Howard said. "They squared everybody in the paint and they forced me to make plays out to my teammates. They made it tough for me to score. We've just got to learn how to play through it.""

Bynum gets better each day. He's the ONLY NBA center who's as good as Howard, maybe not in EVERY category, but he's still a "kid" learning the game. These are the two best big men in the game today.

Like I said, other GM's will make the trades that will benefit THEIR team. You're right, Orlando doesn't want to do ANYTHING to help the Lakers. But their GM, Otis Smith, knows he's going to lose Dwight Howard if he sits back and tries to spite the Lakers.

I honestly don't know if this trade will happen, but the Lakers are in a much better position than most of the team's in the league to make it happen...including the Celtics. And that's the thing that really galls you Celtics fans...the fact that the Lakers management KNOWS how to be successful. The Lakers don't go 20 years being irrelevant...know what I mean.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from swilldozer. Show swilldozer's posts

howards more the type to go to the lakers he thinks he can be superman/shaq v2.0 and seems to have no respect for bostons team first approach - hes a me first guy like kobe and also seems to hate boston for last years humiliation. doc rivers is the best bet for attracting free agents, he's the best coach in the league (any problem with that?) and even lebron and the heat give him prop respect