Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Howard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Howard

Now that he "seems" to be edging toward availability, we're starting to see the more trade-happy and (rightfully) disenchanted fans starting to make noises about trying to acquire DH.  Yes, he's one of the best players at what is admittedly a weak position in today's NBA, but I've been fairly vocal for several years that we don't want him.  My judgment -- and I've seen nothing to change it -- is that he's not someone to build a team around.  The Magic found that out; the Lakers are beginning to see that, but won't find out for certain unless he re-signs (which would be fine with me).  "Soft" not quite the word I would use, but he lacks a certain single-mindedness that those who are truly championship-driven need to succeed.  KG has it.  For all I dislike him, Kobe has it.  MJ had it.  Dwight -- not so much.  He's a basket I wouldn't put a lot of eggs into -- and it drives me crazy that people here think we should have gone/go after him.  JMHO.

cheers --

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Howard

In response to Number6Fan's comment:

Now that he "seems" to be edging toward availability, we're starting to see the more trade-happy and (rightfully) disenchanted fans starting to make noises about trying to acquire DH.  Yes, he's one of the best players at what is admittedly a weak position in today's NBA, but I've been fairly vocal for several years that we don't want him.  My judgment -- and I've seen nothing to change it -- is that he's not someone to build a team around.  The Magic found that out; the Lakers are beginning to see that, but won't find out for certain unless he re-signs (which would be fine with me).  "Soft" not quite the word I would use, but he lacks a certain single-mindedness that those who are truly championship-driven need to succeed.  KG has it.  For all I dislike him, Kobe has it.  MJ had it.  Dwight -- not so much.  He's a basket I wouldn't put a lot of eggs into -- and it drives me crazy that people here think we should have gone/go after him.  JMHO.

cheers --

Don't worry he is not coming here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

cheers --

+100

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

cheers --

Good! Overrated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

like we have anything better........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I disagree..he and Rondo would be the face of the future...although both have limits to their games, you can surround them with complimentary players to formulate a compeitive team.

I doubt Danny can work this out with the Lakers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Mmh, he went to the finals with a buch of mediocre players. Not to bad IMO! Didn't people call James a loser too?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I would rather have Cousins than Howard, although unlikely either will land here.

I would trade Pierce for Howard. Let Pierce play out his last year of respectable ball in his home town. I don't see PP competing at a high level next year and he is too expensive to come off the bench for a few points and a few turnovers.  Really nothing to lose, other than between Howard and Rondo, we would have a worse free throw % than a 7th grade church league team.  

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts