Howard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Howard

Now that he "seems" to be edging toward availability, we're starting to see the more trade-happy and (rightfully) disenchanted fans starting to make noises about trying to acquire DH.  Yes, he's one of the best players at what is admittedly a weak position in today's NBA, but I've been fairly vocal for several years that we don't want him.  My judgment -- and I've seen nothing to change it -- is that he's not someone to build a team around.  The Magic found that out; the Lakers are beginning to see that, but won't find out for certain unless he re-signs (which would be fine with me).  "Soft" not quite the word I would use, but he lacks a certain single-mindedness that those who are truly championship-driven need to succeed.  KG has it.  For all I dislike him, Kobe has it.  MJ had it.  Dwight -- not so much.  He's a basket I wouldn't put a lot of eggs into -- and it drives me crazy that people here think we should have gone/go after him.  JMHO.

cheers --

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Howard

In response to Number6Fan's comment:

Now that he "seems" to be edging toward availability, we're starting to see the more trade-happy and (rightfully) disenchanted fans starting to make noises about trying to acquire DH.  Yes, he's one of the best players at what is admittedly a weak position in today's NBA, but I've been fairly vocal for several years that we don't want him.  My judgment -- and I've seen nothing to change it -- is that he's not someone to build a team around.  The Magic found that out; the Lakers are beginning to see that, but won't find out for certain unless he re-signs (which would be fine with me).  "Soft" not quite the word I would use, but he lacks a certain single-mindedness that those who are truly championship-driven need to succeed.  KG has it.  For all I dislike him, Kobe has it.  MJ had it.  Dwight -- not so much.  He's a basket I wouldn't put a lot of eggs into -- and it drives me crazy that people here think we should have gone/go after him.  JMHO.

cheers --

Don't worry he is not coming here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

cheers --

+100

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

cheers --

Good! Overrated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

like we have anything better........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I disagree..he and Rondo would be the face of the future...although both have limits to their games, you can surround them with complimentary players to formulate a compeitive team.

I doubt Danny can work this out with the Lakers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Mmh, he went to the finals with a buch of mediocre players. Not to bad IMO! Didn't people call James a loser too?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I would rather have Cousins than Howard, although unlikely either will land here.

I would trade Pierce for Howard. Let Pierce play out his last year of respectable ball in his home town. I don't see PP competing at a high level next year and he is too expensive to come off the bench for a few points and a few turnovers.  Really nothing to lose, other than between Howard and Rondo, we would have a worse free throw % than a 7th grade church league team.  

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts