Huge props from Skip & Steven A.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Huge props from Skip & Steven A.....

Just watching ESPN.....both guys think that the Celts should move on tomorrow night, although it won't be easy....but they differ in their views of the EC Finals....

Skip says that Miami wants no part of the Celts, who won 3 of 4 from them this year and who have also shown the ability to give them fits....specifically Pierce gets into LeBron's head, Rondo puts up huge numbers against them, and KG will dominate if Bosh is out....

he feels that Miami would rather play Philly and get some rest....thinks that, even with all the Celtic injuries, the series goes seven and Boston has a chance to win

Steven A says the Heat want to play the Celtics because they want to beat the "best" and also take part of ending the "Big 3 era"......he says that the Heat will probably win in six based on the injuries to PP and Ray...

both guys said the biggest factor in favor of the Heat was Boston losing Bradley, who has become an integral part of the team..

nice to see our team getting so much respect throughout the media.....hope they win tomorrow...but, at this point, I am extremely proud of these guys and I love the foundation Danny has put into place....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Huge props from Skip & Steven A.....

In Response to Huge props from Skip & Steven A.....:
    [QUOTE]Just watching ESPN.....both guys think that the Celts should move on tomorrow night, although it won't be easy....but they differ in their views of the EC Finals.... Skip says that Miami wants no part of the Celts, who won 3 of 4 from them this year and who have also shown the ability to give them fits....specifically Pierce gets into LeBron's head, Rondo puts up huge numbers against them, and KG will dominate if Bosh is out.... he feels that Miami would rather play Philly and get some rest....thinks that, even with all the Celtic injuries, the series goes seven and Boston has a chance to win Steven A says the Heat want to play the Celtics because they want to beat the "best" and also take part of ending the "Big 3 era"......he says that the Heat will probably win in six based on the injuries to PP and Ray... both guys said the biggest factor in favor of the Heat was Boston losing Bradley, who has become an integral part of the team.. nice to see our team getting so much respect throughout the media.....hope they win tomorrow...but, at this point, I am extremely proud of these guys and I love the foundation Danny has put into place....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

They already have had a much better year than I thought.  they are pro's and they have heart.  Of this there is no doubt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]Just watching ESPN.....both guys think that the Celts should move on tomorrow night, although it won't be easy....but they differ in their views of the EC Finals.... Skip says that Miami wants no part of the Celts, who won 3 of 4 from them this year and who have also shown the ability to give them fits....specifically Pierce gets into LeBron's head, Rondo puts up huge numbers against them, and KG will dominate if Bosh is out.... he feels that Miami would rather play Philly and get some rest....thinks that, even with all the Celtic injuries, the series goes seven and Boston has a chance to win Steven A says the Heat want to play the Celtics because they want to beat the "best" and also take part of ending the "Big 3 era"......he says that the Heat will probably win in six based on the injuries to PP and Ray... both guys said the biggest factor in favor of the Heat was Boston losing Bradley, who has become an integral part of the team.. nice to see our team getting so much respect throughout the media.....hope they win tomorrow...but, at this point, I am extremely proud of these guys and I love the foundation Danny has put into place....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

At the beginning of the year I was hoping for the Celts playing into the 2nd. round.  That has happened.  The injuries have completely derailed the season.  Now basketball related ones especially.  They have fought through a lot of adversity but AB's loss will be their undoing.  Ray is having problems with his ankle too.

The Celts met my expectations and the Lakers exceeded it.  Good season from my vantage point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

there were ppl here debating on if the C's would even make the playoffs, or get out of the 1st rd. now we are one game from the ECF..reflecting on the season, overcoming injuries (GREEN, Wilcox, JO), EXCELLENT job by Doc with key moves (Garnett to C, Avery to starter) and props to the players for stepping up. regardless of wat happens from here on out, they have overachieved.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I enjoyed the show as I do most of the time. This however is not the same Cs team that beat the Heat 3-1 in reg. season. Those stats can be tossed out. Wade and Lebron are finally on the same page. A very tough duo. If the Cs make it past Philly, then I say the key will be substitutions galore by the Cs to keep fresh bodies coming and going against the Heat Duo. And the Cs have to be very physical. The Heat don't like it physical. Constant banging and moving people in and out of the game will keep the older legs fresher. And of course it goes without saying, that Rondo will have to be great the entire series for the Cs to have a shot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Huge props from Skip & Steven A.....:
    [QUOTE]there were ppl here debating on if the C's would even make the playoffs, or get out of the 1st rd. now we are one game from the ECF..reflecting on the season, overcoming injuries (GREEN, Wilcox, JO), EXCELLENT job by Doc with key moves (Garnett to C, Avery to starter) and props to the players for stepping up. regardless of wat happens from here on out, they have overachieved.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with you about this team.  I was one Celtics fan who at the beginning of the season thought that they would be better off not making the playoffs since they would get a higher draft pick.  They turned things around in the 2nd half of the season and wouldn't have ended up winning their conference if this hadn't happened.  It is surprising that they even got this far considering all of the current injuries.  I heard that Bradley is having surgery.  At least that only makes sense since he is out for the remainder of the season and was playing with a great deal of pain.  You have to give him credit for playing with this injury. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I can't watch First Take since I figured out that it is scripted.  Everyday at 1215 EST they start yelling at each other and it doesn't matter who the guest is it's the same everyday.  They copied that from Meet the Press, it just feels fake!

If the C's win tomorrow their only hope to stop the Heat is to keep Wade and Lebron on the perimeter and make the try to score from the outside.  If they open lanes for them to attack the basket then they will spend all day at the FT line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I will be disappointed if we don't advance.  The injuries have been overwhelming the last two years.  

I just heard on Felger an Mazz that Ray Allen was seen golfing today.  When I thought about it maybe it is actually a good sign.  Who wants to play golf when you are hurting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]I will be disappointed if we don't advance.  The injuries have been overwhelming the last two years.   I just heard on Felger an Mazz that Ray Allen was seen golfing today.  When I thought about it maybe it is actually a good sign.  Who wants to play golf when you are hurting.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Josh Beckett

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]I can't watch First Take since I figured out that it is scripted.  Everyday at 1215 EST they start yelling at each other and it doesn't matter who the guest is it's the same everyday.  They copied that from Meet the Press, it just feels fake! If the C's win tomorrow their only hope to stop the Heat is to keep Wade and Lebron on the perimeter and make the try to score from the outside.  If they open lanes for them to attack the basket then they will spend all day at the FT line.
    Posted by Tomhab[/QUOTE]

Screamin' A Smith!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]
    I was stupified when he said that you had to play the best. Who on God's earth made them the best? The two talkin heads? Being there before doesn't make you the best. Every year is a new year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

I won't be surprised if the C's can't make it past Philly tonight, as they're so badly beat up (I can't believe they've censored the word b-a-n-g-e-d!!).  Nonetheless, I feel they've overachieved this season.  The offseason will be one of the most significant ones in recent years as I expect wholesale changes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Without Bradley, this is a very difficult mountain to climb..But at least the are without Bosh, so maybe evens out a little...They have no answer for Rondo...and Kg should have a good series...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I will be disappointed if we don't advance.  The injuries have been overwhelming the last two years.   I just heard on Felger an Mazz that Ray Allen was seen golfing today.  When I thought about it maybe it is actually a good sign.  Who wants to play golf when you are hurting.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I was watching the same program.  It has to be a good sign if Ray Allen was golfing.  

Sections
Shortcuts