Hump Wished Employees Good Luck

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Re: Hump Wished Employees Good Luck

That's actually pretty nice, he doesn't sound like a bad of a guy.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I have a lot of respect for this dude and how he had carried himself and how hard he has played. Whatever happens he has surprised me, in a good way. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I have a lot of respect for this dude and how he had carried himself and how hard he has played. Whatever happens he has surprised me, in a good way. 

Very true

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

completely agree. on a contending team he would be a real useful piece that would blend in easily.

i always assumed he was a major d but that doesn't appear to be the case and he plays a solid game the right way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

Always plays hard and never complains when things dont go his way (ala Gerald Wallace). Overpayed but does put up good numbers when on the court. He has been a real pro so far in Boston. Would be a very valuable piece to a contending team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

In response to satchsanders' comment:

Always plays hard and never complains when things dont go his way (ala Gerald Wallace). Overpayed but does put up good numbers when on the court. He has been a real pro so far in Boston. Would be a very valuable piece to a contending team.

WE are not far from contending.  We have a lot of nice pieces.  If we let these guys go we only have to find replacements for them and will they be any better or any cheaper?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

In response to FLACFAN's comment:

In response to satchsanders' comment:

WE are not far from contending.  We have a lot of nice pieces.  If we let these guys go we only have to find replacements for them and will they be any better or any cheaper?

Would love to see Hump return next year with a much lower price tag.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

I hope he's here next week ... we can deal him next summer ... enjoy your time off Kris.

Mployee8, I'm with you.  I hope Humphries is still here.  He's a professional and a solid player and he can play an important role in our rebuild.

I'd love to sign him in the offseason to a 3 year $18 million contract with the final year being $8 million ($5M, $5M and $8M - one of those poison pill contracts).  That final year $8M would be Wallace's $10M coming off the books.

Plus, in that final year, Sully and Olynyk would be still at the end of their rookie contracts and not yet breaking the bank (if they actually develop into the quality players I think they will develop into).

But more important, we'd be set at the PF position (with 2 of them able to play backup C if we need to go small ball).

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Hump has been a class act , a pro and a good teammate 

It's fair to say he exceeded all expectations , but then again, could our expectations have been any lower ?

Once again, we see that the power of the false reality produced by mainstream media.

Let's remember Mark Cuban's comments on his moment of clarity regarding the media.....

“What I have learned in 11 years in the sports business is that the dumbest guys in the room are always the media guys. Some do a decent job of reporting, most just spew opinions. And those opinions change more often than they brush their teeth. So what the media was saying was of zero impact or influence on what I was going to do. Listening to the media only increases your odds of failing at whatever you are doing. So I ignore them.”

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

The Celtics will have a lot of cap space in 2015.

If the Celts give Hump a multi-year contract, that will close the door on the Celtics doing something in free-agency next year.

Remember, Rondo becomes a free-agent next year.

So why add another PF when we already have Sully and Oly?

Agree

Get a top draft pick this year and next year and then the BDC GMs can have at pursuing an all star free agent or via a trade. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Always liked the guy.  Don't think he's in the future plans.  It's too bad!

But, "this is not personal, Sonny, it's strictly business"  - so we need to get something for him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The seemingly overlooked factor in winning championships is the presense of veterans.  What team has won everything with all young players, players that haven't had the experience of knowing that in the playoffs, every game has to be played as if it were the last game? How many times have vetern teams been blasted in one game and come back to win the next (and the series)?  Veterans are valuable assests as are the young guys.  Though I doubt Humphries' return, the Celtics need more than draft choices to win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, having Hump will not eat into anyone's minutes.  Oly and Sully will play alot of minutes on the court together.  They won't be playing PF only (one starting and the other as backup).  Even if we were to get a real center, that center has to have a backup and I'm not sure Fav will develop into that serviceable backup.

If we lucked up and got Embiid, I'd much rather have his salary and Hump's much lower salary than Asik's ($14M) combined with any other.

Right now, although these guys are not centers (Sully, Oly, Hump), they are filling in admirably in that position for this team.  We're not playing Indy every night.  I'm certain they'd be a better option than Fav.  I honestly believe that Shavlik Randolph would have been a better and cheaper option for this year than Fav has been as a backup center.

As for 2015 FAs, we should do our best to acquire one but we already know that Boston isn't one of the ideal destinations for FA players.

Also, there is the option to acquire FAs via the sign and trade which allows the other team to at least get assets back in return.  Any FAs that we look to do a sign and trade for, we'll certainly have Green's contract as leverage (if he opts in which I'm sure he will).

As for Hump walking after this season, we'd have to replace the player anyway and we'd have to pay somebody more than the minimum.  We'd still be left without a 3rd big who is capable of playing both PF and C in today's NBA.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Petey - how do we know BOS is not an ideal destination for FA's?

We've never had salary cap space before.

These guys will go for the money.........and if we are smart, we can get a really good player in free agency.

I disagree with the whole premise.  People used to say that about the Red Sox and Patriots.......about how no African-American players would  come to BOS....it's too cold....blah blah.

If you put enough green in their pockets, green will become their favorite color!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I'd offer HUMP a Scalabrine + $1M contract ($4M/yr) , one yr with an option....

Same offer I'd make to any of the Big Three of KG, Pierce and Ray.......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

I'd offer HUMP a Scalabrine + $1M contract ($4M/yr) , one yr with an option....

Same offer I'd make to any of the Big Three of KG, Pierce and Ray.......

And he'd politely decline!

Sections
Shortcuts