Humphries Firesale

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Humphries Firesale

Lets brainstorm how we can shed this 12M, get well below the tax this year, and eliminate the logjam at PF.

I'll start. My question is, can we just give him to the Bobcats? Straight up for a TPE? If they need to include a player, I'll take anyone. Sessions would be alright. He's at 5M, an expiring deal, and he's a back-up PG. Heck, give them a future 2nd round pick to get the deal done. Shedding 7M allows us a lot more flexability this year in terms of signing vets and moving players. The ultimate goal is to not pay tax, so we avoid the repeater rules.

One Note: I've read that the CBA makes it so that you can only trade one player at a time for the guys we got from BKN. So unfortunately we cannot package Humphries with one of our many mediocre guards.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Humphries Firesale

But aren't we under the luxury tax now?  Getting under the cap is not going to happen this year, just not possible.  What are we trying to do here again?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

We can't trade him for 2 months, correct?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Fire sale? Really ? TJ I don't think we can trade him back to the Nits until 3 months but we can trade him  today to any team other than the nits. I'm a fan not an accountant so you may want a second opinion on that. Humpty has averaged,with the exception of last year, a double when playing 25 minutes+ per, if anyone can gussie up that pig it is DA. I hated this trade when it happened but, when you look at it objectively,it was a good move for everyone involved. PP and KG got gauranteed monies,we got 3 1sts from a win now or bust team,we got some decent young players and serious cap flexibility starting next year.  What we have now is a young but experienced core, a recent All Star, Wallace , a young "potential up and comer" Brooks that has garnered interest around the league, an expiring contract that this year will be worth more than in years past a multitude of draft picks and a player that showed promise that didn't fit last years plans.

Even for us hardcore fans we will reap benefits right away,Last season this board had nothing but semantically based tiffs/fueds from a few posters,unrealistic trade scenarios and general dumb BS from June til camp. This year we have more cooking than the line in a busy restaurant. What will won't DA do next,what new identity are we going for, will Stevens be a good fit.,was it doc or DA that screwed the pooch? All this is up for grabs and relevent this time between end of season and the begining of NFLand NBA training camps. I'm not a baseball fan and usually the June,July,August months are barrren for me. This year if nothing else I will have a reason to read the sports page and post things that are actually going to/might/well maybe happenning.

I am an unabashed Celtic homer for 50 years + and am unapologatically jaundiced by my fanatical loyalty, eventhough I played D1 and have coached AAU, this off season is like Christmas in July literally for me. Between an unfortunate accident giving me more time and the happennings recently in our organization, I have almost doubled my post count and am enthused about posting enough to be accussed of being Fierce34,Employee8,ElDunker,Pud et al alter ego(s) As a hard core fan I love this s@it!!! Just sayin Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Why trade him?

His contract runs out at the end of the year creating cap space.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

yeah. dumping Wallace (after Sept 12) or Bogans (after Dec 15) who have multi-year bad contracts, would be better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Fire sale? Really ? TJ I don't think we can trade him back to the Nits until 3 months but we can trade him  today to any team other than the nits. I'm a fan not an accountant so you may want a second opinion on that. Humpty has averaged,with the exception of last year, a double when playing 25 minutes+ per, if anyone can gussie up that pig it is DA. I hated this trade when it happened but, when you look at it objectively,it was a good move for everyone involved. PP and KG got gauranteed monies,we got 3 1sts from a win now or bust team,we got some decent young players and serious cap flexibility starting next year.  What we have now is a young but experienced core, a recent All Star, Wallace , a young "potential up and comer" Brooks that has garnered interest around the league, an expiring contract that this year will be worth more than in years past a multitude of draft picks and a player that showed promise that didn't fit last years plans.

Even for us hardcore fans we will reap benefits right away,Last season this board had nothing but semantically based tiffs/fueds from a few posters,unrealistic trade scenarios and general dumb BS from June til camp. This year we have more cooking than the line in a busy restaurant. What will won't DA do next,what new identity are we going for, will Stevens be a good fit.,was it doc or DA that screwed the pooch? All this is up for grabs and relevent this time between end of season and the begining of NFLand NBA training camps. I'm not a baseball fan and usually the June,July,August months are barrren for me. This year if nothing else I will have a reason to read the sports page and post things that are actually going to/might/well maybe happenning.

I am an unabashed Celtic homer for 50 years + and am unapologatically jaundiced by my fanatical loyalty, eventhough I played D1 and have coached AAU, this off season is like Christmas in July literally for me. Between an unfortunate accident giving me more time and the happennings recently in our organization, I have almost doubled my post count and am enthused about posting enough to be accussed of being Fierce34,Employee8,ElDunker,Pud et al alter ego(s) As a hard core fan I love this s@it!!! Just sayin Cool

Great post.  I agree.  Great hot stove basketball all summer long!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Lottery ball is not much fun.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

If we walk away with anybody in the top 8 of the 2014 draft, we'll be getting a stud. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Well fungus, I must be a Celtics fan first.

keep spreading.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Lottery ball is not much fun.

Yeah, but watching young players develop and having hope for the future is fun.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

+1

You can build via the draft (slow boat to China unless you get lucky like Cavs) ... Join the Free Agent race (Not one of Boston's stronger suits) or my favorite, watch Danny horse trade and enjoy the speculation and look for opportunities he could indulge in ... Have Fun with it and don't let the Debbie Downers distract you !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Yo - listen people - its just my opinion. I hate the guy. I would pay another team to take him. I thought more would feel this way, but I guess not.

Obviously getting rid of Wallace salary would be more important, but less likely. I thought people were convinced that Humpty would be traded immediately, so I was hoping thats the case.

I just want to see the real Celtics play, not the Net's trash. I may come around on Wallace, but I just hate the fact that Humpty is tied with the highest paid player on our team. He's making legit Center money, thats disgusting. Same with Bogans, who is a bandit. I'll be open minded regarding Brooks, but Humpty tarnishes our brand.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

AND heck yes this was an excellent trade for all parties, definitely not aruging that point.

AND heck yes this amount of change is exciting and quite interesting

AND yes I've tripled my post count as well defending Rondo to the death! And I'll continue to do that because he is a freaking super-star PG.

Laughing

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I don't understand all the hate on Humphries.

He's not a Laker.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

If the C's succeed in trading Wallace for a pick and a TPE and can execute a trade of Humphries for Asik, Danny will cut our team salary from $70MM to approximately $56MM. If he is unable to move Bogans he can waive him and use the stretch provision to write off his $5MM S&T contract over 7 years. That means the team salary would be cut to $51MM!!!

Ainge wasn't kidding when he said he wouldn't need the MLE exception this year even though he won't be entitled to the full MLE anyway as pointed out by the media. Best part of that entire media chess game is that they thought they were correcting Danny's error but indeed, Danny speaks the truth and is one step ahead of the wise guys in the media ... LOL!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p5anc7u

PS: Why does Houston consider making this trade? For 2014 their team salary is projected to be $51MM w/o Howard. With Howard @ $22MM that jumps to $73MM. By taking on Humphries expiring contract this year they get out of the Poison pill salary owed Asik in 2014 of $15MM and have an expiring contract that they can move by the trade deadline if they aren't serious contenders or if they are but Hump isn't providing any added value. In 2014, instead of having a team salary of $73MM they will now have a team salary of $58MM or more depending on who they trade to and what they take back (assuming they dump the contract for a pick and TPE or a low salaried player and a pick w/o having to take back equal salary). WOW ... a trade that works for both teams!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

He did have that run-in with Rondo, but he was the best contract we got from the Nets.  Bad one year contract is perfect, and the added bonus of a terrible player who will not help this team much this year.  Why do you want to trade him?  You might get for him is worse contract with possibly a pick to compensate for taking that worse contract, or we have to give up a pick for someone with cap to take him.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The Rockets, before Dwight signing, only had 37.5m in total salaries.

After Dwight signed, the first year of his contract is 20.5m.

37.5m + 20.5m = 58m

Get it?

I get it, you don't. Read again ... I said 2014 as in 2014-2015 not this season .... Typical Fungus move trying to spread his scum over the thread. Jeesh!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

PS: Why does Houston consider making this trade? For 2014 their team salary is projected to be $51MM w/o Howard. With Howard @ $22MM that jumps to $73MM. By taking on Humphries expiring contract this year they get out of the Poison pill salary owed Asik in 2014 of $15MM and have an expiring contract that they can move by the trade deadline if they aren't serious contenders or if they are but Hump isn't providing any added value. In 2014, instead of having a team salary of $73MM they will now have a team salary of $58MM or more depending on who they trade to and what they take back (assuming they dump the contract for a pick and TPE or a low salaried player and a pick w/o having to take back equal salary). WOW ... a trade that works for both teams!!!!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/houston-rockets-team-salary

Why do you keep providing false information?

Right now the Rockets' total salary is 58m. Next season their total guaranteed contracts will only total 52.9m, including Asik and Lin. So where did you get that outrageous 73m figure?

Two words, Mployee - WRONG AGAIN!!!

HAHAHA

Try again LOSER! You are wrong about me being wrong as usual. Right now their team salary is $38.8MM ... Howard hasn't been signed yet. So whose spreading false information????????

Your own source lists Howard in blue and down below the salaries says he may be signed 7/12th???  But see for yourself LIAR ... No transaction showing that Howard has been signed yet from your own source!

http://stats.hoopsworld.com/basketball/nba-transactions.aspx?page=/data/nba/transactions/July_2013.html

WRONG AS USUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. This post has been removed.