Humphries Firesale

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Humphries Firesale

humphries and wallace can be traded anytime..but they have to be traded alone...you can't trade them with somone ti'll sept 12...so they can be traded tommrow if we have a deal...

As I understand the collective bargaining agreement (based on what I've read from Larry Coon, ESPN's cap expert), one designation prohibits over-the-salary-cap teams (like Boston) from acquiring a player via trade, then re-trading him in combination with another player for two months. So any trade of Wallace or Humphries could not include any other Celtics players, at least until Sept. 12.

The two former Nets, as well as Kris Joseph, Keith Bogans and MarShon Brooks, are scheduled to be introduced as the newest Celtics at 2:30 p.m. Monday, assuming they're all still with the team by then.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to raider3524's comment:

humphries and wallace can be traded anytime..but they have to be traded alone...you can't trade them with somone ti'll sept 12...so they can be traded tommrow if we have a deal...

As I understand the collective bargaining agreement (based on what I've read from Larry Coon, ESPN's cap expert), one designation prohibits over-the-salary-cap teams (like Boston) from acquiring a player via trade, then re-trading him in combination with another player for two months. So any trade of Wallace or Humphries could not include any other Celtics players, at least until Sept. 12.

The two former Nets, as well as Kris Joseph, Keith Bogans and MarShon Brooks, are scheduled to be introduced as the newest Celtics at 2:30 p.m. Monday, assuming they're all still with the team by then.

That's correct. Since this will be structured as more than 1 trade involving multiple players the C's can trade and player asap rather than the usual holding period. Because Bogan is a S&T he is exempt from the holding period as well. They needed to give Bogans a three yr deal in a S&T with the first year guaranteed to make the numbers work but what most forget is that by waiving Bogans, he gets his guaranteed 1st yr salary (about $5MM) which the C's can stretch over twice the length of the contract plus an additional year giving us 7 yrs to write off that $5MM .... Danny is a GENIUS!!!!

i'm just thinking if we are going to make a deal this weekend? asik and another player or two for humphries?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

That's correct. Since this will be structured as more than 1 trade involving multiple players the C's can trade any player asap rather than the usual holding period. Because Bogan is a S&T he is exempt from the holding period as well. They needed to give Bogans a three yr deal in a S&T with the first year guaranteed to make the numbers work. But what most forget is that by waiving Bogans, he gets his guaranteed 1st yr salary (about $5MM) which the C's can stretch over twice the length of the contract plus an additional year giving us 7 yrs to write off that $5MM .... Danny is a GENIUS!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, two things:

1. Are you sure the non-guarenteed salary after year 1 is not made guarenteed by using the stretch provision?

2. Isnt the stretch provision the number of years left*2 +1. If its just the one year guarenteed of 5M, wouldn't that be "stretched" over 3 years, not seven?

I may be wrong, but seems like its got to be one or the other. 7 years of everything guarenteed, or 3 years with the 5M.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

trade him for who? what would be the point? boston is rebuilding!!! get over it!!!!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

I don't understand all the hate on Humphries.

He's not a Laker.

I don't either.  The guy's a walking double-double, but he isn't part of the Celtics future.  I don't want him on the team because it will make us better.  He is also overpaid at 12 million a year.  I would prefer to jettison that salary and maybe clear a little room so we can take a risk on a guy like Oden.  I think trading Wallace should be our first priority, though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

He's not a Laker.

I don't either.  The guy's a walking double-double, but he isn't part of the Celtics future.  I don't want him on the team because it will make us better.  He is also overpaid at 12 million a year.  I would prefer to jettison that salary and maybe clear a little room so we can take a risk on a guy like Oden.  I think trading Wallace should be our first priority, though.

That walking double double averaged 5.3 pts and 5.6 Rebs a game last year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

He's not a Laker.

That walking double double averaged 5.3 pts and 5.6 Rebs a game last year.

In 18 minutes a game?  That's pretty good.  Not saying he's not the most overpaid player in the league by far, but he's no stiff either.   Oh, and in 2010-2011 he averaged 10 pts and 10 rebs in 27 mpg and in 2011-2012 he averaged 13.8 ppg and 11 rbg....so, yeah, that is my definition of a walking double-double.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

He's not a Laker.

How do you jettison salary when you have to take salary back?  I guess a bad team with a lot of cap or TPE can take him but who in the world would take $12 million a year bad player?  What do we have to give up to get people to take him?  I guess we are shooting the breeze here but let's be clear this is not a very likely thing to happen unless we give up a lot to sweeten the pot.

Houston is going for the championship, why do they want to get rid of talent and take back worse talent?  They want to upgrade and get better, they will have no interest in Humphries.

Sections
Shortcuts