Humphries Realization

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Humphries Realization

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/9/22/4748118/kris-humphries-9-22

Reading this made me think ... with Rondo as his PG and this being a contract year coming off an awful year, why can't Humphries play & be just as valuable as a guy like Blake Griffin?

I won't go into comparing stats, but if he really has worked on his elbow jumper, corner 3, and step-back, he should be fairly comparable to the "star" over there in Clipperland.

I think he is probably stronger than Blake. Blake may have better "ups" but Hump can probably rebound as good as Blake and be as effective around the basket. Sure, Blake has a much better post game, but he spends too much time working on becoming a shooter in games. If Humphries comes out of this year as a better shooter and stretch four than Blake, then I don't see why one would be so much more valuable than the other.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Humphries Realization

Also, on the topic of Hump & Wallace the thing you have to remember is that Brooklyn sold low (and Danny bought low). What I mean is we essentially sold the final year of KG and Paul for those three draft picks and used these two players as salary matchers.

If either Wallace or Humphries turn their careers around and show something, that is essentially gravy without any risk. I think the same goes for Marshon. Marshon was a throw-in, and if he sucks this year its not the end of the world. We didn't spend to get him, but we get all the reward if he does turn out to be a Jamal Crawford -like player.

So realistically, keep expectations low, but remember that we essentially bought three penny stocks that do have potential to be profitable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

With Rondo as his point guard, mabey but Rondo is not going to be his point guard.  Can Hump play some center?  Rondo ,our near all-star, is a question in many ways, I was hoping he would become a true all star this year, but his silence and lack of prep time due to his injury could postpone his arrival as a true leader.  He has never been the leader of this team and I hope he does not blow his chance.  Hump is not that old and if he really goes after it could be very good.  Wallace is light years better than given credit for and in the right system could also be a near all star.    KO is a big break for Celts and could contribute this year , he could also be a NEAR ALLSTAR in 20 to 30 months.  If Rondo was here things would be looking bright for the Celts.  Jeff Green is a near all star and some on the board think Sullinger will be a near all star.  With so many near all stars and a great Coach the Celts could be competative soon.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think the generic assumption is that the first month (1/4 of games) will be without Rondo and with a lot of learning and growth.

When Rondo returns there will be a two week adjustment of identity but I think we finish strong with a few upsets and a .500 record in the 2nd half of the season.

I think our goal should be to achieve what the Bulls did last year without Rose. To be that tough nosed, gritty, defensive team that scores by forcing turnovers and converting in the fast break. If you read that piece on Celticsblog you get a good sense of how we are set up to be a defensive minded team again. I'm starting to really like the idea of having a six guard rotation 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

OK... so I took the bait... and read the link.

So lets give Hump a chance to be Blake Griffin... and while we're at it, lets give Rondo a chance to be CP3.  We'll have a chance to be a poor man's Lob-City, right here in Beantown.

With this in mind, I'm recalibrating my expectations for next season.... bing... bing... bing...  and am boldly predicting 22 (twenty two.... XXII... 20 plus 2... viente dos) wins (up from 19).

All we need...  is a chance!

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

It wasn't bait ... its a good article.

Dude, I'm certainly not one of those "you must BELIEVE in the Celtics winning" posters. I am realistically in the 25-35 win camp. I wasn't seriously saying that Hump is as good as Blake, but I think there's a comparision there that can be made. 

I think its realistic that Humphries & Sully could both average double-doubles is they are played together and get solid playing time. (Although to be fair, a lot of the rebounding opportunities are going to come from volumes of missed shots from the bucketbrothers (Brooks & Crawford).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

It wasn't bait ... its a good article.

Dude, I'm certainly not one of those "you must BELIEVE in the Celtics winning" posters. I am realistically in the 25-35 win camp. I wasn't seriously saying that Hump is as good as Blake, but I think there's a comparision there that can be made. 

I think its realistic that Humphries & Sully could both average double-doubles is they are played together and get solid playing time. (Although to be fair, a lot of the rebounding opportunities are going to come from volumes of missed shots from the bucketbrothers (Brooks & Crawford).

Dude.... my post wasn't bait either... but you took it, didn't you?

I'm in the 15 to 25 wins camp. Dunno why. I just have a funny feeling.

I was watching this creepy Twilight Zone episode recently.....

and then it hit me.

Hard to explain.... really.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Is that the beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder episode?

Great series, really one of the best shows mankind has ever created.

Back to the C's ... I honestly just can't fathom sub 20 wins ... I guess I've purged the '07 season from my mind. Just seems hard to not win that much

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Is that the beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder episode?

Great series, really one of the best shows mankind has ever created.

Back to the C's ... I honestly just can't fathom sub 20 wins ... I guess I've purged the '07 season from my mind. Just seems hard to not win that much

New non-NBA coach.  Too many new players.  Players that take time to settle down (Green).  No Rondo for the initial part of the season and a question mark after that.  Killer early schedule.  Danny looking to make in-season/mid-season trades.  I see a disastrous first 2/3rd of the season with a good positive upswing after that.  25 wins is possible but unlikely.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

35 wins this year, folks!

Danny makes two trades by mid-season that brings in YOUNG vets who are un-happy in their current situation ( LIke cousins, Aldridge types).

Green , KO, Sullinger and Lee settle in as solid /good NBA starters and the new Center and Point make us a team to watch in 2014-15.

um......I'm sorry was I  sleep typing again?

Sections
Shortcuts