I admit I am surprised

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I admit I am surprised

I'm surprised at the starts for both the Celtics and Lakers!

The Celtics lost Ray Allen and replaced him with Jason Terry.....a "wash" in my opinion....then they brought back Jeff Green, brought in Courtney Lee and Leandro Barbosa, and drafted (and have started) Jared Sullinger....with the core of Rondo, Pierce, KG, and Bass, I am surprised that the chemistry is taking so long to develop...as I write this the Celts are down double digits to the Sixers at home...I don't get it..

The Lakers are an older team than the Celts....they brought in a new head coach and a new game plan...(and they have already fired the coach 5 games into the season)....they brought in a new (old) point guard who is already injured....they brought in "Superman" (at the expense of Bynum) who is still recovering from back surgery.....

In all honesty, I never once imagined that these two teams would combine for a 3-6 start including the firing of a head coach....I really thought both teams would be top 3 favorites in their respective conferences....

of course, we are only weeks into the season....both teams can turn things around and it doesn't really matter how they start as long as they are on a roll going into the playoffs....but I must admit...I didn't see this coming....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: I admit I am surprised

Duke get ready by the Tuesday we could be 2 and 5.  This team without Bradley has no defense and  guards are killing this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,

What is your prediction on the Celtics?  You seemed far more enthusiastic a few days ago.  This team needs Bradley and we need a big man who can really play with KG and give him breather when he is on the bench.  We are going to lose a lot of games if we don't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I am not surprised.  When you can't rebound you can't win.  This team is soft.  Danny killed this team when he traded Perk.  Perk=toughness.  Green=softness.  No rebounding no rings.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Its Rondo's team. He's the leader now. He says that he is "okay" being the leader.

He's getting big numbers.... but is that leadership???

Not in my book.

Pud

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce,

What is your prediction on the Celtics?  You seemed far more enthusiastic a few days ago.  This team needs Bradley and we need a big man who can really play with KG and give him breather when he is on the bench.  We are going to lose a lot of games if we don't.

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics will still win more than 50 games, 56 wins at best.

I'm not worried because this is far from being the finished product. Right now Green, Lee, and Bass can be used as trade pieces. 

Green looks lost. After a great preseason, he's been a bust in the regular season.

Lee will become expendable when Bradley returns.

Bass is good, but not good enough.

Those 3 can get us a player worth 20m. Players like Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Pau Gasol, and Amare will be possibilities.

[/QUOTE]

This is music to my ears.  I agree with everything here. I have been saying that Green, Lee, Bass and Sullinger are expendable.  You may not agree with Sullinger but he might get us one of these guys and I would add Varajeo as one of the big man.  Bradley is the key right now, when is he going to get back. Against a team like Philly or Miami Bradley changes the whole outlook of what can be done. KG hangs in the balance he need some help and Pierce is as you say 35 and something may not be the same guy he was ever again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its Rondo's team. He's the leader now. He says that he is "okay" being the leader.

He's getting big numbers.... but is that leadership???

Not in my book.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

rondo is one of only a few reasons the celtics are even competing right now.....he had 20 assists tonight!! they have no offense when hes not on the floor.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

we're a team with no star power in a star driven league. Why should any of us be surprised. I'm afraid the Jeff Green train has left the station, i'll be the first to admit i was wrong about Green, he just seems to not have any game at all!! Old and slow, in a young and fast league, just will not get it done!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This is music to my ears.  I agree with everything here. I have been saying that Green, Lee, Bass and Sullinger are expendable.  You may not agree with Sullinger but he might get us one of these guys and I would add Varajeo as one of the big man.  Bradley is the key right now, when is he going to get back. Against a team like Philly or Miami Bradley changes the whole outlook of what can be done. KG hangs in the balance he need some help and Pierce is as you say 35 and something may not be the same guy he was ever again.

[/QUOTE]

concord

We've seen 2 years in a row now that the Heat beat the Celts in the playoffs. The Celts, especially KG, has hard time scoring against that Heat defense. The Celtic defense is very good, but the offense is very lacking. If you put Varejao in there, same problem, no scoring.

Remember, we outrebounded the Heat 41-36 in the season opener but we still lost by 13.

Celts need scoring, someone that can command a double team so that the Celtic shooter will get open.

[/QUOTE]

Varajeo would drive the Heat nuts with his keeping the ball alive and preventing fast breaks. The guy can rebound play tough and in the Celtics offense will get him a lot of easy scores and put backs.

You don't have to agree but if it were to happen you would be pleased.  Pierce is the one I just went over his line twenty four points, 8-16 and five rebounds and he was one of the reasons we lost.  Pierce playing over 35 minutes and the team dedicating itself to him and his turnover can't continue. That or his turnovers have to stop.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Varajeo would drive the Heat nuts with his keeping the ball alive and preventing fast breaks. The guy can rebound play tough and in the Celtics offense will get him a lot of easy scores and put backs.

You don't have to agree but if it were to happen you would be pleased.  Pierce is the one I just went over his line twenty four points, 8-16 and five rebounds and he was one of the reasons we lost.  Pierce playing over 35 minutes and the team dedicating itself to him and his turnover can't continue. That or his turnovers have to stop.

[/QUOTE]

Agree that Varejao will be a great addition to the Celts. I just don't think it's realistic. 

There's a bigger chance the Celts get an Amare or a Pau Gasol than Varejao.

The Cavs are making a push to make the playoffs. I don't think they'll let Varejao go.

But I'll be happy if Ainge can get Varejao.

[/QUOTE]

I would be happy with any of those on your list.  Amare would scare me a little with his back and his contract but he would be very good with KG more than likely.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Boston's problem is very simple.  After losing Ray Allen, they don't have a feared spot up shooter.  As a result, the defnse is cheating.  Couple that with Rondo's reluctant shooting and the lanes are really getting clogged up.  I didn't see a lot of the game but I saw the Sixers playing close on defense but really playing for players to drive.

Bradley's loss seems to have affected the defense.

Poor scoring is getting combined with poor transition defense.  And some players, aka Green, are either in a funk or don't have it.

The Celts really need some new player to step up.  Otherwise, we are in for a long season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Boston's problem is very simple. After losing Ray Allen, they don't have a feared spot up shooter. As a result, the defnse is cheating. Couple that with Rondo's reluctant shooting and the lanes are really getting clogged up. I didn't see a lot of the game but I saw the Sixers playing close on defense but really playing for players to drive.

Poor scoring is getting combined with poor transition defense. And some players, aka Green, are either in a funk or don't have it.

The Celts really need some new player to step up. Otherwise, we are in for a long season.

I noticed the same thing,  very clogged lanes and poor spacing due to lack of outside shooting. The only time there was decent spacing was when terry was in. U need that deep threat to keep the defense honest. 

Doc needs to stop with that small ball.  Every single game he has taken kg out in the 1st quarter, hes had a sullinger,bbass and jgreen front line.  WEVE BEEN DESTROYED. He should never run that lineup out. Wilcox has played very well. He should be coming in as soon as kg sits.

Idk how its even possible but jeff green is actually playing WORSE than when he first got here.  Every time I see jeff green play, one word comes to mind. AMNESTY.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The problem Fierce is that, you analyzed too much - fans are confused. One day you are estatic on the celtics chances - you said it will create havoc to the league -  the following day, it's a rebuilding time. Now it's all about losing Ray. Lee & Terry surely can shoot like Ray, but they've been challenged in the perimeter. (By the way, I said before Lee & Terry deals are fools gold) Most Nba team stepped up their defense. Celtics are weak in every position, especially with no inside game and rebounder. Rondo doing the 100 meter dash with no one around him. They are simply a jump shooting club and still can't hit the rim.

If you want to lead the fans, you must have a concrete and substancial reason for celtics mediocrity. You have to stay for one or two concrete reasoning or you don't get any respect.

Some of your assessment are valid but most are like jambalaya recipe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Idk how its even possible but jeff green is actually playing WORSE than when he first got here.  Every time I see jeff green play, one word comes to mind. AMNESTY.

[/QUOTE]

Rules say Jeff Green can't be amnestied.

[/QUOTE]

He cant be amenstied, at any point?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boston's problem is very simple.  After losing Ray Allen, they don't have a feared spot up shooter.  As a result, the defnse is cheating.  Couple that with Rondo's reluctant shooting and the lanes are really getting clogged up.  I didn't see a lot of the game but I saw the Sixers playing close on defense but really playing for players to drive.

Poor scoring is getting combined with poor transition defense.  And some players, aka Green, are either in a funk or don't have it.

The Celts really need some new player to step up.  Otherwise, we are in for a long season.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with the part where some players need to step up.

But Rondo played well. He was not perfect, but he played well. I watched the whole game.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, I am not blaming Rondo.  He did play well.  Even with the lanes clogged, he was able to drive in, create defensive unbalance and find targets.  But Pierce is suffering without the spacing.  And others are not moving well enough to get a system going.  As Doc used to say, Ray is still Ray and players still stick to him because of his shot making ability.

I am not lamenting Ray's loss.  He did what he needed to do.  Without one more player really stepping up, the Celts will have a hard time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I admit to be surprised as well:

Ray Allen the one and only reason for slow ball, turnovers, poor defense and lack of rebounding is gone and ... still oposing guards penetrate at will and rebounding hasn't changed. Strange that DPY candidate Lee and the rebound machine Terry (or was it the other way around) couldn't solve our problems.

But I'm sure AB will be our savior. After 2 years, three major surgeries and a total of 20 (?) started games he seems to be our last hope, ouch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I admit to be surprised as well:

Ray Allen the one and only reason for slow ball, turnovers, poor defense and lack of rebounding is gone and ... still oposing guards penetrate at will and rebounding hasn't changed. Strange that DPY candidate Lee and the rebound machine Terry (or was it the other way around) couldn't solve our problems.

But I'm sure AB will be our savior. After 2 years, three major surgeries and a total of 20 (?) started games he seems to be our last hope, ouch.

[/QUOTE]

Umm what?  Who ever said Allen was the only reason for any of those things?  The hyperbole around is is incredible.